the part that i couldn't get to

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
Nintenerd542(imported)

Re: the part that i couldn't get to

Post by Nintenerd542(imported) »

i have this 3 in 1 pokemon diamond/jade/crystal cartridge that i got from an ex-friend. it couldn't hold save states too long. anyways, when i got to battle Gawerk/Go-rakingu, My attacks couldn't even touch him. i keep soft reseting until i suspected i was meant to lose that battle. when i lost, the game over screen didn't show up. just returning to the overworld finding bek whining that he lost. then after that, i don't know where to go next. can somebody help?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Yeah, it was a forced loss, I hated that.. then IIRC you get to go allll the way back out the mountain! FUN. I hated that part so much... it was so satisfying beating Golaking's face in the next time I saw him though, ahahah >__>
Nintenerd542(imported)

ahh...so i have to go back to the mountain?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Let me think.. that was the part I'd gotten stuck on, and only beat it after I got the players guide x__x okay I see now, looking at it again, you have to meet up with Kai and get his Denjuu's number. Which floor are you on right now?
Nintenerd542(imported)

well...my save states expired and now i have to start again. (I'm in Alice trying to win that "T mildew" contest. though this could take a while since netaro has tons of opponents that could KO him in one hit). but from what i remembered, i was wandering everywhere trying to look for kai cause i vaguely remembered either bek, gawerk, or another person mentioned him. i couldn't find him on time because of the fragile save state.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I hated that part of the game... but I eventually got through that part. Using Start to look at the map helped a LOT, as I could see places I haven't gone to before. Besides, the mazes in this game are nothing compared to the ones in Telefang 2 >_>

Also I didn't like it when Golaking dealt out 255 damage each time...

EDIT: You have a THREE-in-one cart? I've heard of a 2-in-1 Diamond/Jade, and a 2-in-1 Diamond/Crystal, but I never heard of the one you have. And by the way, how are you able to save in the first place? In the ROM I have, trying to load a save causes the game to freeze... though I can work around this with save states anyway.
Nintenerd542(imported)

Blaziken257 wrote: I hated that part of the game... but I eventually got through that part. Using Start to look at the map helped a LOT, as I could see places I haven't gone to before. Besides, the mazes in this game are nothing compared to the ones in Telefang 2 >_>

Also I didn't like it when Golaking dealt out 255 damage each time...

EDIT: You have a THREE-in-one cart? I've heard of a 2-in-1 Diamond/Jade, and a 2-in-1 Diamond/Crystal, but I never heard of the one you have. And by the way, how are you able to save in the first place? In the ROM I have, trying to load a save causes the game to freeze... though I can work around this with save states anyway.

yeah...sorry that it has to be part of the cartridge. i'm afraid if i pulled it out, i might have to keep reinserting it in the slot for the game to work again...

I just selected "save" and it plainly did. dunno how it can still do it. but as i said before, it cannot hold save states too long.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I wish I could find a cartridge copy of any of the bootlegs, especially Jade, I tried the fleamarket once and all I found was some guy who tried to sell me this package that's basically a ton of NES games (mostly shitty ones nobody's heard of but of course it included SMB) and three different controllers that plug straight into the TV (one looked like an N64 one, I think one was some kind of Saturn-inspired controller? and a Zapper.) Or, as he explained to me with my sister there, "Two controller for two player!" (demonstrates Duck Hunt) "Shooting gun for Shooting!" I would have bought it if it was any cheaper, as it was though $25 was just too much to bother although I was sorely tempted just because it was so funny. I found their "official" website later but no way in hell would I trust an online transaction of that kind.

Actually, what DOES Jade's start screen look like? I assume it's a sprited Shishigami but of course I've never seen it x__x
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Yeah, I'd LOVE to know what Jade's title screen looks like... and I'd also like to know if it has the same glitches that Diamond has. Like the badly colored intro...

I still see copies of Jade and Diamond being sold on eBay from time to time. Diamond is harder to find solely because of the name, but I still find them. Of course, I probably wouldn't buy one because I don't want a fragile cart that can't save... and I heard that bootleg carts are shaped in a way that they can do physical damage to a Game Boy.

And that cart, like other bootleg carts, is weird. "GAME"? Well, that certainly is the first time I've seen a cartridge with just the word "GAME" on it, but still, that alone makes it obvious that it's fake.

By the way, is the Crystal a bootlegged Japanese version (here's a video) or is it an English version? Just curious...

And I've heard of bootleg NES crap. Well, I've heard of multicarts but I never heard of the thing you described. And if the person selling the package to you speaks in Engrish, that's not a good sign. Some points of 255 lost! XD

EDIT: I found a video of the game freezing when you try to continue a saved game... the exact same thing happens to me. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfLUKsI0Nvw
Nintenerd542(imported)

RacieB wrote: the start screen is pretty much the same thing as the diamond.

Actually, what DOES Jade's start screen look like? I assume it's a sprited Shishigami but of course I've never seen it x__x
it's pretty much identical to the diamond start screen. except, that deer spirit is in place of that blue snake and there are 2 sparkling orbs instead of those chaos emeralds. and the intro is glitched too

the crystal is the english. not the bootleg. though i'd laugh it it was the bootlegged version.

on another note, while i was in vacation to the phillipines, there were TONS of Pokemon diamond/jade copies into a GBA cartridge. and tons of games put into one cartridge(i bought one. they're mostly NES games and revamped versions of Super Mario Bros. it also came with 6 GBA games. i'll have to find it cause i can only remember The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap being of of those 6 games). not to mention tons of pokemon ROM hacks.