the part that i couldn't get to

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
RacieB

Re: the part that i couldn't get to

Post by RacieB »

About the weak saves, I read something not too long ago about how to replace the battery in GB/GBC carts when it gets old but it requires soldering or something. Apparently the internal clock that GSC and Telefang Power/Speed use wears the battery out faster than normal, so those carts lose their saves sooner.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Nintenerd542 wrote:
RacieB wrote: the start screen is pretty much the same thing as the diamond.

Actually, what DOES Jade's start screen look like? I assume it's a sprited Shishigami but of course I've never seen it x__x
it's pretty much identical to the diamond start screen. except, that deer spirit is in place of that blue snake and there are 2 sparkling orbs instead of those chaos emeralds. and the intro is glitched too

the crystal is the english. not the bootleg. though i'd laugh it it was the bootlegged version.

on another note, while i was in vacation to the phillipines, there were TONS of Pokemon diamond/jade copies into a GBA cartridge. and tons of games put into one cartridge(i bought one. they're mostly NES games and revamped versions of Super Mario Bros. it also came with 6 GBA games. i'll have to find it cause i can only remember The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap being of of those 6 games). not to mention tons of pokemon ROM hacks.
Can you show me a picture of the Jade title screen? I don't care if it's really blurry. I just want to see it. And by glitched intro, do you mean this?

And LOL at those GBA cartridges. Does it have stuff like Chaos Black and Quartz? And how do you play Diamond/Jade in a GBA cartridge?

And what do you mean by revamped versions of SMB? Like a different title screen or something?
RacieB wrote:About the weak saves, I read something not too long ago about how to replace the battery in GB/GBC carts when it gets old but it requires soldering or something. Apparently the internal clock that GSC and Telefang Power/Speed use wears the battery out faster than normal, so those carts lose their saves sooner.
Yeah, I heard of that too... I swear, a lot of people on the Pokémon Gold, Silver, and Crystal boards on GameFAQs create topics saying "ZOMG Y DOESN'T MY GAME SAVE?????1111" or something like that these days. It could also be that it's a bootleg. Usually bootlegs have crappy batteries to begin with so that the person making the bootlegs can make a profit.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Well, you've gotta remember that GSC aren't printed anymore, so all of the ones that were ever made are getting older now x__x My Gold's save was lost when I checked it Nov 2006, but Blue was okay if I recall. I think my sister's Crystal also still had a save. My bootleg Speed never saved right as far as I know though, I might try playing it all the way though sometime if I can just because XP
Sora444(imported)

Post by Sora444(imported) »

RacieB wrote: I wish I could find a cartridge copy of any of the bootlegs, especially Jade, I tried the fleamarket once and all I found was some guy who tried to sell me this package that's basically a ton of NES games (mostly shitty ones nobody's heard of but of course it included SMB) and three different controllers that plug straight into the TV (one looked like an N64 one, I think one was some kind of Saturn-inspired controller? and a Zapper.) Or, as he explained to me with my sister there, "Two controller for two player!" (demonstrates Duck Hunt) "Shooting gun for Shooting!" I would have bought it if it was any cheaper, as it was though $25 was just too much to bother although I was sorely tempted just because it was so funny. I found their "official" website later but no way in hell would I trust an online transaction of that kind.

Actually, what DOES Jade's start screen look like? I assume it's a sprited Shishigami but of course I've never seen it x__x
heh my flea market sold these pirates

1. The Pokemon Gold Pirate for NES

2. the Donkey Kong Country Pirate for NES

3. The Super Mario World Pirate for NES

JP games it sold

1. GBC verison of DKL3 cost $60

I will go to my flea market and see if they sell more.
Sora444(imported)

Post by Sora444(imported) »

Blaziken257 wrote:
Nintenerd542 wrote:
RacieB wrote: the start screen is pretty much the same thing as the diamond.

it's pretty much identical to the diamond start screen. except, that deer spirit is in place of that blue snake and there are 2 sparkling orbs instead of those chaos emeralds. and the intro is glitched too

the crystal is the english. not the bootleg. though i'd laugh it it was the bootlegged version.

on another note, while i was in vacation to the phillipines, there were TONS of Pokemon diamond/jade copies into a GBA cartridge. and tons of games put into one cartridge(i bought one. they're mostly NES games and revamped versions of Super Mario Bros. it also came with 6 GBA games. i'll have to find it cause i can only remember The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap being of of those 6 games). not to mention tons of pokemon ROM hacks.
Can you show me a picture of the Jade title screen? I don't care if it's really blurry. I just want to see it. And by glitched intro, do you mean this?

And LOL at those GBA cartridges. Does it have stuff like Chaos Black and Quartz? And how do you play Diamond/Jade in a GBA cartridge?

And what do you mean by revamped versions of SMB? Like a different title screen or something?
RacieB wrote:About the weak saves, I read something not too long ago about how to replace the battery in GB/GBC carts when it gets old but it requires soldering or something. Apparently the internal clock that GSC and Telefang Power/Speed use wears the battery out faster than normal, so those carts lose their saves sooner.
Yeah, I heard of that too... I swear, a lot of people on the Pokémon Gold, Silver, and Crystal boards on GameFAQs create topics saying "ZOMG Y DOESN'T MY GAME SAVE?????1111" or something like that these days. It could also be that it's a bootleg. Usually bootlegs have crappy batteries to begin with so that the person making the bootlegs can make a profit.
its because the battery inside the GSC carts can only last for about 4 years. Happen to me on my Gold and my friends Silver.
Nintenerd542(imported)

Post by Nintenerd542(imported) »

-----------------

the game boy prevents good quality due to lack of backlight. if i were to take a pic of it, then it will just looks lke a turned of GBA

yes, they're ROM hacks. i could never complete quartz becase of the same issue

the design of the game will be different. like link and sonic will pose as mario. and there's one with SMB3 graphics

good lawd! my netaro is too easily beatable on the first round of the T mildew contest in alice X.X
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

My Gold cartridge lost its save file in 2007, and it was sad...

I HAD A SHINY DRAGONAIR!!! (can evolve to shiny dragonite!!!)

That was soo sad... but its gone...

When I try to continue it says "The save file is corrupted!"
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Milnivri wrote: My Gold cartridge lost its save file in 2007, and it was sad...

I HAD A SHINY DRAGONAIR!!! (can evolve to shiny dragonite!!!)

That was soo sad... but its gone...

When I try to continue it says "The save file is corrupted!"
I am hoping that the battery for my silver version doesn't die, I have over 600 hours of play on that thing, I'll be sad when that all goes. Is there a way to stop this from happening? I want to keep my silver version save since I put so much into it.

EDIT: Whoops, offtopic. :o
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Not really. The battery will always die eventually. Of course, this is true for pretty much ALL Game Boy, SNES, and NES games, as well as some early GBA games (and I think N64 as well), but G/S/C (and I'm assuming Telefang) is worse than anything else due to the clock.

Of course, if you use a ROM, you don't have to worry about dead batteries. You have a hard drive instead, which doesn't run on batteries. :P
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Blaziken257 wrote: Not really. The battery will always die eventually. Of course, this is true for pretty much ALL Game Boy, SNES, and NES games, as well as some early GBA games (and I think N64 as well), but G/S/C (and I'm assuming Telefang) is worse than anything else due to the clock.

Of course, if you use a ROM, you don't have to worry about dead batteries. You have a hard drive instead, which doesn't run on batteries. :P
Is there a way to backup the save data off of my game cartridge then?