Best place to buy Telefang

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Re: Best place to buy Telefang

Post by andwhyisit »

What is the best non-US (stupid economic crisis) site for buying Telefang? Specifically the gbc Power Version. I wouldn't mind any of the other smilesoft games if you can find them, but I really need the Power Version of Telefang 1.

I am new to buying stuff online and I wouldn't mind being pointed in the right direction. If anyone needs to know, I live in Australia.

Can anyone help?
Seike(imported)

Post by Seike(imported) »

The place that I can think of getting a copy is in China.... Last time I shopped there for games (since its cheaper to shop there) I found a original and the bootleg there despite the years, if you are fortunate you might even find the Telefang 2 original or the bootleg...

It might be harder on the web though :x
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Ebay has it from time to time... XD When I was looking for Telefang 2 Speed, I saw a lot of used copies of Telefang 1 with the box and instructions included, usually really cheap... XD There aren't any at the moment, but I would keep checking there...*nod*
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

I don't want to risk ebay. Anything else?
Kimbles(imported)

Eh, really? There are a lot of dedicated sellers for used import games, which tend to be respectable, plus you can always check their feedback...XD Either way, I think that auctions are the most likely place you'll find the game at this point... I'll keep an eye open for it, anyway... *nod*
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I got Power Limited from my boyfriend for Christmas, he's in England and got it off ebay. I keep seeing that same person selling copies of Power, so I would vouch for that. The only issue I had with it is that the battery is dead, but that's not the seller's fault and I've been going about trying to replace it (it is REALLY hard trying to pry that little bastard out while avoiding stabbing myself with the xacto blade I'm using, or breaking part of the game x_x)
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Since there hasn't been a copy on eBay in ages, this is the best I could find:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_ss_vg?__m...%93%83O&x=0&y=0

It's in Japanese, though, and a lot of sellers don't seem to ship outside of Japan. On the game pages, there's a link on the top right that translates a small part of the page in English. And if you come across a page where you can't do that, just plug the page in here:

http://translate.google.com/

Make sure to set it to Japanese -> English!

Oh and according to this page, 1 yen is 0.014343 Australian dollars. That page was updated recently as well (last updated on Friday, April 24, 2009 as of this post).

Though, if someone can find something better, then be my guest. One thing you can do is search for 携帯電獣テレファング or テレファング.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

What are those things called proxy services that Kimbles used for the T2 manga? Would those work?
Kimbles(imported)

Yeah, I used Celga before to get the Telefang/Bugsite guides off of Amazon marketplace... Basically, you make an account on their website and use the form there to order stuff. They order the item for you, but they also charge an extra $5 US on each item under 1000 yen, and $10 for anything above... *nod* Then there's the shipping cost to them, then international shipping, which is about $15 minimum. *nod*

Be careful though, most of the used copies on amazon are cartridge-only with dead batteries...D: If you do buy one, I'd go for one of the new copies (the 890 yen ones). *nod* You can also look at Yahoo Japan Auctions, or just wait for ebay. XD