Composer?

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
SougonNaTakumi(imported)

Re: Composer?

Post by SougonNaTakumi(imported) »

I don't have the end credits handy currently, so who was the composer for the wonderful Telefang 1 music?
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Kinuyo Yamashita, who goes by the name of Kinuyo Ueda in the credits. XD She also did the epic music for the Medarot series, and the music for the first Castlevania game for NES... *nod*
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

She even has a website: http://yamako.ciao.jp/. It's in English, too!

Nothing much about Telefang (only that she worked on it), but it's still nice. Maybe we could write a thank-you to the bbs? XD
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Sanky wrote: Nothing much about Telefang (only that she worked on it), but it's still nice. Maybe we could write a thank-you to the bbs? XD
I like that idea. Though we should write it in Japanese.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

andwhyisit wrote:
Sanky wrote: Nothing much about Telefang (only that she worked on it), but it's still nice. Maybe we could write a thank-you to the bbs? XD
I like that idea. Though we should write it in Japanese.
I think if we would write it in English using short and simple sentences (and write the game name in Japanese) that she would understand. Even if someone translated the sites for her.
But, it would be better if it was all in Japanese, I guess.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

She composed the music for Castlevania 1 for NES? I've never played that game, but it's interesting that she composed the music for a well-known game! That must mean the music is really good. :)

Anyway, judging from the main page, it looks like she knows at least SOME English (though it's possible that someone else translated it for her, especially when looking at some of the other pages like the "Work" (sic) page). I guess you can write the message in both English and Japanese? Like, write your original message in English so she will know what your intended message is (assuming she's familiar with the language), then translate it to Japanese the best you can. The only problem is that the Japanese grammar may be as bad as Pokémon Diamond and Jade's translation, so that might be an issue. Though that's why the message should be in English as well.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

I created a sample message.
wrote:Name: Tulunk Village
Email: ???
Homepage: http://z15.invisionfree.com/Tulunk_Village/
Title: Thank you for your work on テレファング
Dear Miss Yamashita,
The music you did for 携帯電獣テレファング was amazing.
Can you please tell something about the game? Did you like it?
Thank you! どうもありがとう!
- Tulunk Village (an English テレファング message board)
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Tulunk_Village/
Do you think anything should be changed before I send it? I kept the names in Japanese, so that they are easier to recognize. Also, どうもありがとう means thank you.
Also, I think email is required.

Oh, and it asks for some kind of password, and the text next to it reads 修正・削除に使用 which I think means "used to edit and delete your post". Are we going to need that? XD
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Switch your character encoding to shift_jis.

Also I wouldn't recommend a translator program, best to get it done by someone who understands Japanese or just go with the mixed Japanese and English option.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Yeah, I could have used a translator, but then it would sound about the same as Pokémon Diamond and Jade to us, and we don't really want that.

By the way, my Japanese shows up just fine... I'm using unicode \: