Re: Glitches?!

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
Tara-chan(imported)

Post by Tara-chan(imported) »

Umm... I don't know if you guys already know about these glitches. But I think I should show you because I'm worried my game has been killed.

The first glitch I got is sometimes when Denjuu call me.
Sometimes they won't say anything and it's an endless blank message. I have to reset the ROM in order to continue.

The second Glitch is what I'm worried has ruined my game.
I had finished a battle in the Palm Sea... and well... The Image pretty much speaks for itself.
Is there anyway to fix it? Because I don't want to loose the Pampas that I spent Hours Training in the game!

(Also if it means anything. I'm playing with some of the English patches... Not all of them because my computer couldn't find or recognize some of the files).

That's all.
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

The second glitch is when it's 12 midnight, and so no color palette was assigned for that time period. Don't worry it will come back by 1am on the game.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

First of all, make sure you've downloaded the latest patch, V32:
http://www.mediafire.com/?njzy2dmhl3j
It might fix the first glitch.
The second one is a problem with the emulator you use, Visual Boy Advance. When the time is 0:00 - 0:59, the emulator mistakely interprets it as 24:00 - 24:59. But the game doesn't have any pallete set for that hour, so everything is white. Disabling real time clock might fix it, or you can change your system clock, or just don't play at midnight. Also, I think Blaziken257 created a patch that fixes that problem... Maybe we should put it in the translation patch, to get rid of this problem.

Edit: Milnivri was faster :S
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I'm not sure how the first glitch occurs (maybe it's a problem with the patch)? But the second problem is definitely due to VisualBoyAdvance. I know that VisualBoyAdvance also has some problems with Pokémon at midnight as well. Here are some workarounds:

- Change your computer clock temporarily.
- Play it in Game Boy mode.
- Download VBA-M instead (or maybe use another emulator).

As for the first glitch, I'll look into the patched ROM and try to find the problem...
Tara-chan(imported)

Oh thank goodness. I thought my game was a goner for a second. Pampas will be okay afterall! Thank you! ^^

Edit: Oh! I forgot to mention. It might be a problem finding a new Emulator (if that were the case) to play from because I'm using a MAC OS X so I'm using a special one.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Oh... I'm not sure if there is a VBA-M for Mac... I know someone who has a Mac and uses KiGB, though. Maybe that will work.

And as for the VBA 24 hour patch, you can find one here, but it has some minor issues when the title screen or D-Shot menu screen loads.
Tara-chan(imported)

Well as for the time glitch. I'm patient. I'll wait for it to be 1 'o clock... It just occurred to me I set my clock wrong in the game ^^;

Also I'm still having problem with the calling glitch. I tried putting on the patch but it didn't seem to help. Maybe it's because I couldn't put on all the patches?