Re: Omg wtf.

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
Jade(imported)

Post by Jade(imported) »

So Gamefaqs have took down my 8 years last updated FAQ...With a reason
Notes: A large amount of the FAQ is based off a ROM hack, promoting piracy
Back in like Feburary
And I never know it until a week ago...
-sigh-

So yeah, I need your assistance.

I have to revamp it to keep it up alive for many years to come. hopefully push it for the final version

Help? :)
http://x.warnabrother.net/telefang_power_speed_gbc.txt
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Yeah, I noticed the FAQ was gone many months ago (I'm not sure exactly when it disappeared), as well as almost every review, screenshot, cheat, etc. It seems that site is become more strict with piracy (judging from the fact that they removed almost all traces of the Diamond/Jade names themselves from the game info page, although searching for these names still yields Telefang as a result), so I guess the best solution is to remove virtually all references to the bootleg (which will be inconvenient to the many people who have played the bootleg, but you don't have much of a choice), except for maybe a paragraph or two or something. That means renaming all Denjuu, locations, items, etc. and removing the glitches that only occur in the bootleg. There are lists of names of Denjuu, items, etc. on Wikifang, which should help you.

This way your FAQ will most likely be allowed back on GameFAQs.

(Now one thing I don't understand -- if they're strict on Telefang with regard to piracy, then why the hell does this page exist on GameFAQs? And what about all this?)
Dr. Jerk(imported)

Post by Dr. Jerk(imported) »

Blaziken257 wrote:(Now one thing I don't understand -- if they're strict on Telefang with regard to piracy, then why the hell does this page exist on GameFAQs? And what about all this?)
Likely because that they haven't gotten to those sections yet. Telefang and its bootlegs are more well known.

And yes, I would recommend doing what Blaziken suggested. I suppose contacting GameFAQs ahead of time will help, as you can inquire several things about it. Otherwise submitting an updated version should be enough, but they might still have a watchful eye on you and may or may not accept it...

Speaking of which, since noticing that your FAQ was gone, I was in the process of writing my own, although more detailed that covered more than just a walkthrough. Either way though, I would like to see your FAQ return, it was helpful on a number of occasions.
Jade(imported)

Post by Jade(imported) »

Dr Jack.

If you have the interest to write a FAQ, I am willing to give you permission to revamp mine and continue from there.

AIM me on Mew Jadester if you are willing to.
Dr. Jerk(imported)

Post by Dr. Jerk(imported) »

The offer is nice, but I'd rather write my own.

Good luck with yours though.
Locololo(imported)

Post by Locololo(imported) »

if your walkthrough is the one involving telefang 1 aka pokemon jade diamond i have it all saved to me computer if thatll help ^_^