Re: Finally dumped Pokemon Jade!

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

The recent retrode firmware update featured an overdump feature, so I could finally dump Jade. Jade has no opening sequence (skips straight to the title screen) and unlike the diamond dump floating the net it can load save files.

Image Image Image

Here it is as a patch of speed:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8fabaes38z1z3wq

Go nuts.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Oh... WOW. At last, someone dumped it! I'm going to try this out now, even if I prefer the Japanese versions over the bootlegs, just for the lulz. I'm sure it's almost the same thing (except I'm aware that when setting the time, it says "Decide time?" instead of "Decide time!", suggesting sloppiness), but I'm curious to how this feels.

Oh, and even though I've already seen the title screen in a YouTube video (from someone with the actual cartridge), it still looks WEIRD. The deer looks just as bad as the snake thing.

Great job dumping it! XD
She's a Witch!(imported)

Post by She's a Witch!(imported) »

Words seriously cannot describe how awesome this is.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

After playing it quickly, I noticed that some glitches in Diamond aren't present in Jade, besides the aforementioned saving one:

- Pressing A+B+Select+Start does not crash the game
- Pressing Start after the Game Over screen does not crash the game

Calling secret Denjuu still crashes the game, though. This multi-bug patch in Diamond MIGHT work on Jade, but I haven't tried it. I said might because the menu coding seems to be different in Jade, judging from the functional save feature, which is in the same ROM bank as calling secret Denjuu. Don't complain to me if this doesn't work.

Anyway, I wonder if the first two bugs in Diamond are related, since in both cases, the game goes to the first screen. Since the Smilesoft/Natsume/et al logos are removed in the bootlegs, this is probably what has to do with it, but in Diamond, apparently the game tries to go to a screen that doesn't exist, while Jade does this properly. This is just my theory, I haven't looked into the coding, but it would make sense.

On an unrelated note, the dialog seems to be the exact same so far, even having the same typos like "I' ve even got a headache" (notice the space after the apostrophe). I'm surprised that it's consistent, actually.