Re: Can you ever revisit the place at the...

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

...beginning of the game?

The reason why I ask is because I've been fooling around with a corruptor to mess up the ROM to see what kinds of things can happen. In one of my tries, at the beginning, the dialogue suddenly cut off and I was able to walk around the starting place. Even though there isn't much at all, there is still enough to make you think that there was some beta material or something. There are some interesting buildings that sorta look like the beginning of Telefang 2 as well. But there are no baseball fields (which leads me to wonder how they're playing baseball), there's nobody there, and you can't enter any buildings (oh well). But it's an interesting discovery nonetheless. Anybody want me to show you a map of this starting place? Oh, and you can't walk in that antenna tree you see at the beginning of the game. It does nothing.

EDIT: Might as well show you anyway:

Take a look at that. Those buildings in the corners are very interesting. I wonder what they were intended to be? And when you are in front of them, the music when you encounter the girl at the beginning (Sungki?) is played (song #20 in the sound test) if anybody cares.

Anyway... I think this is an interesting discovery.
Zephyr(imported)

Post by Zephyr(imported) »

Hey, it's the Real World!

I'm guessing it's like TF2 (in which you CAN revisit the Real World), but, um... I don't know why you wouldn't be able to explore it. :/ Seems like an oversight on the developers' part.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Cool! I always thought that the Human world (not called the real world because to them the denjuu world is just as real) was only 2 screens. It seems they were going to do more with it but later ditched the idea.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Yeah, I thought it was only two screens too. And I'm also guessing that it was originally going to be a place that you can actually visit in the game but they decided to take it out. It doesn't help that the plot involves you accidentally ending up in the Denjuu world with no way out. Still, they could at least let you visit it at the very end of the game.

That reminds me, there are also TONS of places in Pokémon (especially Gold and Silver) that aren't accessible normally...

Anyway. Do any of you want me to upload a save file for it? You can load the save (in the Japanese version, anyway) and visit it for yourself.

I think I should make a YouTube video of this, too. What do you all think?
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Blaziken257 wrote: Yeah, I thought it was only two screens too. And I'm also guessing that it was originally going to be a place that you can actually visit in the game but they decided to take it out. It doesn't help that the plot involves you accidentally ending up in the Denjuu world with no way out. Still, they could at least let you visit it at the very end of the game.

That reminds me, there are also TONS of places in Pokémon (especially Gold and Silver) that aren't accessible normally...

Anyway. Do any of you want me to upload a save file for it? You can load the save (in the Japanese version, anyway) and visit it for yourself.

I think I should make a YouTube video of this, too. What do you all think?
Yes. Please.

Also I think they were going to allow you to roam the human world only at the start but decided to go with the cutscene instead.

Also the left building might be a school.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I keep forgetting to upload a file of this... here it is!

The save will only work in the Japanese Power version. You can roam around as you please. Pressing Start to look at the map does nothing, by the way. And for some reason, you have Krypto, even though you aren't supposed to get him until after you go in that house at the beginning of the game.

Anyway... here's the save file... in the attachment.

EDIT: Apparently when the board converted to ZetaBoards, the file was lost. I uploaded a new one.
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

Blaziken257 wrote: I keep forgetting to upload a file of this... here it is!

The save will only work in the Japanese Power version. You can roam around as you please. Pressing Start to look at the map does nothing, by the way. And for some reason, you have Krypto, even though you aren't supposed to get him until after you go in that house at the beginning of the game.

Anyway... here's the save file... in the attachment.
I don't know how to active the save. I downloaded the japanese version like you said.
Diamond(imported)

Post by Diamond(imported) »

I'm just thinking,
where is the baseball field ?
I always thought it was to the left of the tree,
but there's a mansion there.

Shigeki did one hell of a home run if the field is to the left of the mansion !
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Is it just me or is the save missing...?
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

andwhyisit wrote:Is it just me or is the save missing...?
Yup, it disappeared during the conversion to zetaboards.