How do you trade in telefang 1?

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
Espeon(imported)

Re: How do you trade in telefang 1?

Post by Espeon(imported) »

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but two of my favorites are exclusives.

EDIT: (Sorry if i'm asking to many questions!)
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

Well, you'll need another gameboy console and a copy of either Power or Speed version (depending on which one you already have). You'll also need a link cable as well. You can reach the communication option from the main menu, it's the button above new game (just press up once).
Espeon(imported)

Thanks a bunch, all I need is a link cable.
Can a color link cable work with two game boy sp's?
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

I forgot to mention, but after clicking on the communication button the trade option is the second one down in the list.

Also this topic might answer your question about link cable compatability: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563077-dragon-ball-z-legendary-super-warriors/51755681
Espeon(imported)

Thanks. I'm so happy cus for some reason my power saves now.

EDIT: Never mind the save wipes when you take it out of the Gameboy...
Shinkouhyou(imported)

Post by Shinkouhyou(imported) »

This is kind of related to trading, and I'm not sure if this is 100% okay to discuss (feel free to inform me) but since most of us, I assume, have been exposed to Telefang through ROMs, and I'm not providing any links, I think this might be okay to post...

Has anyone considered looking into some of the Gameboy emulators out there that claim to be capable of emulating link cable support, over the internet? It's something I've googled now and then, but never actually tried. It could possibly open up a whole new way for us to enjoy Telefang, trading Denjuu to each other, and possibly battling? (I'm not an expert on multiplayer in Telefang, I never looked into it, so I have no idea whether or not there even is multiplayer battle in the game)
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I've tried it with VisualBoy Advance and it does work. It'll probably be easier to set up matches when there's more interest in the patch though :<

One thing to keep in mind, the winner of a multiplayer match gets to steal one of the loser's Denjuu..!
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

It can be done with BGB or TGB Dual.
Shinkouhyou(imported)

Post by Shinkouhyou(imported) »

RacieB wrote:I've tried it with VisualBoy Advance and it does work. It'll probably be easier to set up matches when there's more interest in the patch though :<

One thing to keep in mind, the winner of a multiplayer match gets to steal one of the loser's Denjuu..!
Yeah, I have been reading about the English patch of Telefang 1 you guys are working on! The whole project sounds completely awesome! After it's released, it might very well be possible to bring in lots of new fans. Though really, part of the charm of Telefang is the bootleg's horrible translations, I mean, telling people to catch a cold? Or ****, (self-censored) remember it! Your rival of a thousand names? SUPERNAL EMON.

But that might just be the lover of terrible translations/bootleg games in me speaking. (Do you guys watch Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal on youtube? Please tell me you do.)

As for the stealing the loser's Denjuu thing, we're talking about emulators, and every one I've ever used (though I have not used any one capable of linking, so this might be wrong) has a save state feature. You lose, you simply rewind time like it never happened. Or make a copy of your save file, so that if the game saves you losing your Denjuu, you just copy back over that save and again, it never happened. I know I wouldn't want to enter any tournament if there was a real risk of losing one of my partners... But with emulation, there really isn't.

Of course, it would be cool for the winner, they get a new Denjuu that they can keep on their save! Seems like win/win!

I really would like to explore the more competitive side of Telefang, I'm a semi-competitive battler in Pokemon (by that I mean I believe I know very well what I'm doing, but I've allowed myself to get super rusty ^__^) and I like to plan movesets and teams and all that fun stuff, see what works. Not overly concerned with winning, just want to find ways to make my favorites shine.

I wonder, could Telefang be a more enjoyable battle experience than Pokemon? That's something I want to find out. Of course I might be the only one! Hehe.
Espeon(imported)

Sigh... my brother only saw 'Pokemon Diamond' and thought it was stupid.
So I tried to show him the truth about the game, and he refuses to see.
Plus I wouldn't want to lose my Barriarm, he's my favorite Denjuu!