Epic Telefang Speed TAS!

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
Sherkel(imported)

Re: Epic Telefang Speed TAS!

Post by Sherkel(imported) »

Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I love this TAS. I knew about it for a few days because the person who made the TAS (jlun2) PM'd me about it on YouTube. Some of those glitches were completely unexpected, like answering the phone at the right time causing you to move to another spot on the screen, followed by a glitchy warp.

I had no idea it could be done in under 15 minutes.

Also, welcome back.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

Interesting TAS. I didn't know that there were actual glitches that could be exploited like that in the games. I wonder how the person discovered you could warp to different places like that?

Also, isn't this the first ever tool-assisted speedrun of Telefang? I'm not sure if there are others.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Yeah, I have no idea how he discovered those glitches either. I'll have to ask him sometime. And I don't even fully understand them. So if you answer the phone at the right frame, it causes Shigeki to move to another spot on the screen, then do a glitchy warp? Anyway, it was fun to watch because of that.

And yes, it's the first TAS of Telefang as far as I know. For a first one it's great.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

It's interesting that it's highlighted actual programming glitches by the makers. I suppose not every glitch can be discovered by the bug testers all the time. I guess it depends on how obscure the actions you have to do to start the glitch are. That's probably the reason why most are discovered by accident.
Sherkel(imported)

Post by Sherkel(imported) »

Additionally, it requires frame-level precision IIRC, so the bug testers really had no reason to care.