Telefang power-data problem :'(

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
Espeon(imported)

Re: Telefang power-data problem :'(

Post by Espeon(imported) »

telefangfan wrote:
KenjutheDenjuu wrote:
Espeon wrote:I did ask for a refund. Hit-Japan said tough-luck and left it at that,
It might be because it's a battery related problem rather than there being something wrong with the game itself. I don't know if they're expecting that you would be able to replace the battery on your own (unless they really are that unfair with returning non-working games...hmm :/). Maybe they just don't accept returns in general? That's another possibility. You could always open an ebay case if you're not happy, since they sold you a game with a dry battery.
on the telefang selling this was wrote

l'oggetto può essere restituito (translation: the item can be returned)
Then that was a lie. -_-
telefangfan(imported)

Post by telefangfan(imported) »

I said my mom "tomorrow go out with my money and change the battery please" but my mom is crazy,i always get kicks in the ass just for fun.I've been thrown in a wall and get always kicked just for asking a thing ç____________________ç
Fangblade90(imported)

Post by Fangblade90(imported) »

I've just noticed this when I was searching for pokemon gold on ebay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pokemon-Gameboy-games-Silver-Gold-Save-repair-service-/270781629081?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3f0bd7c299#ht_850wt_932
It's a repair service,They change the battery for you so that the game can save once again.
You can look for repair services in your country as the one from the link only seems to service in the UK (Or you could ask the seller if he/she can help you )
telefangfan(imported)

Post by telefangfan(imported) »

i can't send it to him.do you know which type of battery do i need?if cr 2032 or cr 2025
Sherkel(imported)

Post by Sherkel(imported) »

The SP trick works.
Fangblade90(imported)

Post by Fangblade90(imported) »

Either one would work ,The cr 2032 is slightly larger and will last longer.
Espeon(imported)

Post by Espeon(imported) »

Can Radioshack help me? I already know about the Ebay servives, and I perfer someware around town.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Tombstoner wrote:The SP trick works.
What is that trick supposed to be again, just "charging" the battery with the game in an SP? I'm really skeptical about that method, to be honest...
Shinkouhyou(imported)

Post by Shinkouhyou(imported) »

I too, am very skeptical about this charging the internal battery with an SP thing. Anyone have a link to some solid proof of this working? The serebii thread linked here has a broken link for the source of this method.

How does charging the SP charge the battery inside the cartridge, exactly?
SougonNaTakumi(imported)

Post by SougonNaTakumi(imported) »

Yeah, pretty much. They claim you have to keep the game in it (I think on, though I'm not sure if that's necessary) for 100 hours or so to charge it up fully... I'm not sure that's what's really going on with the SP making games magically able to save, though.