Telefang power-data problem :'(

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
telefangfan(imported)

Re: Telefang power-data problem :'(

Post by telefangfan(imported) »

I just bought my Telefang power cartridge from hit-japan on ebay.If i save and quickly turn on,I can load,but if i wait for a minute save data isn't there anymore... :'( What should I do? giveing back the object or trying to buy a new battery?
Espeon(imported)

Post by Espeon(imported) »

I bought a Power & Speed off Hit-Japan and both didn't save. Beware of this seller!
telefangfan(imported)

but selyte buyed from him and didn't had this problem :'( what type of battery does telefang use?i'd try changing it...
Espeon(imported)

Doe's anyone know anyone that could replace Telefang 1's battery? I really what to be able to
save the game!
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

Guys, it's not entirely the seller's fault. These games are about 10 years old, so it's not uncommon for the battery to have run dry by now. I do agree that they should be tested before being sold however, but I believe the reason for that is because the seller only sells the games as is and did not realise certain games (ie. this one) run on an internal clock that runs dry after a few years.

As for replacing it, you could either ask for a refund or you could replace the battery (although I wouldn't recommend doing so without knowing what you're doing first as it's easy to break the game this way since the battery is soldered in with metal clips).
Espeon(imported)

I did ask for a refund. Hit-Japan said tough-luck and left it at that, and I think I'll check around for someone who knows what there doing when replaceing a battery.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Look here:
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=384541

I'm curious as to whether or not that GBA SP trick works.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

Espeon wrote:I did ask for a refund. Hit-Japan said tough-luck and left it at that,
It might be because it's a battery related problem rather than there being something wrong with the game itself. I don't know if they're expecting that you would be able to replace the battery on your own (unless they really are that unfair with returning non-working games...hmm :/). Maybe they just don't accept returns in general? That's another possibility. You could always open an ebay case if you're not happy, since they sold you a game with a dry battery.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

andwhyisit wrote:Look here:
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=384541

I'm curious as to whether or not that GBA SP trick works.
I have actually been trying that method myself (my cart's battery is showing initial signs of dying -- the clock only runs when the game is on). So far, I have kept my game on for 40 hours, so I'm going to leave it on for another 60 hours (two and a half days) and see if this actually helps.
telefangfan(imported)

KenjutheDenjuu wrote:
Espeon wrote:I did ask for a refund. Hit-Japan said tough-luck and left it at that,
It might be because it's a battery related problem rather than there being something wrong with the game itself. I don't know if they're expecting that you would be able to replace the battery on your own (unless they really are that unfair with returning non-working games...hmm :/). Maybe they just don't accept returns in general? That's another possibility. You could always open an ebay case if you're not happy, since they sold you a game with a dry battery.
on the telefang selling this was wrote

l'oggetto può essere restituito (translation: the item can be returned)