Kinda new to this game! so I have a few questions

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
Rokubato(imported)

Re: Kinda new to this game! so I have a few questions

Post by Rokubato(imported) »

Hey everyone, nice meeting you all :)
I went on a trip to Japan a few months ago, and while treasure hunting in Akihabara, I found some old games from my childhood :) some of them where the Telefang games! I only knew them as Pokemon diamond/jade though lol, but I recognized Kurbiute on the cover. I got both speed and power limited additions for telefang 1 and 2 :DDD it was so cheap, 1200yen for all 4 games ^^ with the antennae and everything.

Anyways, I just started to play the first one, I have some questions:

how can I change my main monster? the one that follows me, maybe I need to get further in the game?

The items that fall out of the grass, what do they do? I assume the coins and diamonds are money? but what are the hearts?

How can I change my ringtone? I can read Japanese so I found the Dmelo menu, but I can't seem to make it save the one I want, when I get a call it's just the normal ring..

The items I buy at the store, I know some of them evolve your monsters, but some of them give exp, how does this work?

And what is FD? i see it when I get a call from a monster, and one time it event got up on point.

Also, what are the point I get after the battle? it looks too little to be exp..

btw I heared that the games battery can die out and dlete my save.. can I do something to prevent it?

Sorry for having so many questions, it's just really hard to find info on this, though I did find some usful sits.

Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

>how can I change my main monster? the one that follows me, maybe I need to get further in the game?
Call them from the contacts menu. Say yes to their question.
>The items that fall out of the grass, what do they do? I assume the coins and diamonds are money? but what are the hearts?
Hearts just heal your main Denjuu's HP.
>How can I change my ringtone? I can read Japanese so I found the Dmelo menu, but I can't seem to make it save the one I want, when I get a call it's just the normal ring..
You can set it for every Denjuu separately. Select a Denjuu from the contacts menu and pick the third option.
>The items I buy at the store, I know some of them evolve your monsters, but some of them give exp, how does this work?
Each Denjuu has an unique set of preferred items. Check out this list.
>And what is FD? i see it when I get a call from a monster, and one time it event got up on point.
FD (friendship doints) affects how often the Denjuu's personality fires out (or doesn't). The higher the FD, the less likely they are to attack on their own, be late to the battle, etc, depending on the personality.
>Also, what are the point I get after the battle? it looks too little to be exp..
It's either exp or chiru (money).
>btw I heared that the games battery can die out and dlete my save.. can I do something to prevent it?
You can replace it if you fear it's old and can die out soon, but that'll delete your save as well. Can't prevent it.

Anyway, it's awesome that you got the original games! Hope you have fun while playing them.
Rokubato(imported)

Wow that was fast! thank you so much! do you know what type of battery I need ?
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Rokubato wrote:Wow that was fast! thank you so much! you know what type of battery I need
No problem!
And no, I have no idea, sorry. Ideally it should be written on the one that's there now.
Rokubato(imported)

Hmm I'll look into it, but I see that I need to have some special screw driver to open it O_o
The GBA version has the same issue?
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Rokubato wrote:Hmm I'll look into it, but I see that I need to have some special screw driver to open it O_o
The GBA version has the same issue?
I don't think so, never heard of a GBA battery running out, and even if it did the save wouldn't be affected.

The battery problem affects just about every GB game, but the ones with an internal clock (Pokémon games, Telefang) run out much faster. I've never done the replacement though, so you'll have to look it up on the internet.
Rokubato(imported)

Ok, thanks again! I will look it up.
Man this game bring back some good memories :D
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

There's a guide on how to replace the battery in GB games here: http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15464
Rokubato(imported)

Thanks for the guide, I hope I won't have to use it X:

hmm I just looked at the screw and I can see it's a bit scratched.. is it possible that the shop I got it from (a 2nd hand game shop) replaced it? do they do that in Japan?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

The previous owner might have, if not the shop? It especially seems that way if it's 2nd hand and is still able to save (I was given a "new" Power version which couldn't save just out of the box.)