QUICK! I need help!

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
manomow(imported)

Re: QUICK! I need help!

Post by manomow(imported) »

I really need the overworld (and other) midis from telefang and fast! Please and thank you! (thank you for your playing, lol)
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Uhh...
You probably don't know what a midi is.
A midi isn't a file which stores sounds like a .mp3 or .waw. In a midi file, the music is stored as notes. That means one must sequence the original music themselves to create a .midi, which is pretty hard. You won't find any, because nobody cares enough about Telefang to create some.
That's also why all the free "mp3 to midi" converters have crappy results - they can't convert the music to sheet notation well.
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

Sanky wrote:Uhh...
You probably don't know what a midi is.
A midi isn't a file which stores sounds like a .mp3 or .waw. In a midi file, the music is stored as notes. That means one must sequence the original music themselves to create a .midi, which is pretty hard. You won't find any, because nobody cares enough about Telefang to create some.
That's also why all the free "mp3 to midi" converters have crappy results - they can't convert the music to sheet notation well.
You know, if someone figures out the way the music is encoded (or somethinggg, bleh) in Telefang, it can be "converted" to midi. There's a tool (called Sappy) that lets you see all the patches (instruments) and save each patch, for compatible ROMs (I know Pokemon and Kirby both work). And they're all "programmed" like a MIDI, which is the same for most ROMs, except the compression or something is different. Meh.

EDIT: Dino Device 2 works in Sappy too! Which means you can export the songs as MIDIs!
manomow(imported)

Post by manomow(imported) »

Damn it. I just realized I want those midis again. Guess Ill just go wing it and try to make some.
And thats when I realize I cant compose for shit... -_-