Zelda sprites and Pokemon music

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
SALT(imported)

Re: Zelda sprites and Pokemon music

Post by SALT(imported) »

has anyone else noticed how Telefang1 uses background and some character sprites from TLOZ: oracle of seasons/ages while the music is taken from pokemon games?
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Haha, you're probably gonna get some flak for saying that. XD
I agree though, some parts the graphics (particulary the houses) remind me a lot of the GB Zelda games. *shrug* The music is totally different from Pokemon though IMO.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

The overworld engine reminds me of Zelda more more (stuff like running through the grass, getting hearts..)
But yeah, no graphics or music were taken, seriously. If you think so, show some proof.
whitewolfy(imported)

Post by whitewolfy(imported) »

Like the others, the graphics remind me a lot the Zelda games on GB.
But the music are totally different from Pokemon in two points I think : the style and the atmosphear (the battle musics for exemple.).
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

There's no relation between either of the games, but I can see why people are reminded of Zelda with the houses and the overworld style etc. The music is completely different however.

If Smilesoft had taken anything from Zelda or Pokemon, i'm sure they would have been lawsuit'd pretty quick by Nintendo.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Saying that any graphics were taken from the Oracle games is a pretty ridiculous claim, which can be debunked within a few minutes just by looking up the release dates.

Keitai Denjuu Telefang: Released November 3, 2000
Oracle of Ages/Seasons: Released February 27, 2001