Taiwanese Telefang 1 guidebook found!

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Re: Taiwanese Telefang 1 guidebook found!

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

I just found a Telefang 1 guidebook on the Taiwanese site Ruten that has a different cover and appears to be a translation of the Japanese Kodansha guide for Telefang 1. I'm not sure whether it is an official guide or not, but it's possible that it has been produced by a third party: http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21010066213956

Interestingly, Keitai Denjuu Telefang translates into Chinese/Taiwanese as Xiedai dian shou (portable electric beast) according to Google translate. Telefang 2 has the same title, just with the number 2 added on to the end.

An advert for the guide was mentioned by Qiezei on his bootleg games blog (in this post:http://qiezei.blogspot.com/2011/12/collection-update-09-12232011.html) and was mentioned to have appeared in the guidebook for Shui Hu Shen Shou, one of Vast Fame's bootlegs. This was the first place I heard about it existing, which prompted me to go looking for it.

EDIT2: Here's another image of the guidebook on a seperate auction: http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21202128276362
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Hmm I get an error, database overload or something to that effect?
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

That's odd. The link was working fine for me a minute ago. I'll see if I can fix it up *gets to work*.

EDIT: I think it might be a problem with site itself since it was working fine a few minutes ago. I tried a different link i've got saved and it showed up with the same error. Looks like they're having problems ^^;

EDIT2: I tried the main site page and it comes up with a large orange error sign. It's definitely the site that's having problems. What luck that they have database errors just as something new is discovered xD Sorry that you're not able to view it. The only thing to do is to try again later or tomorrow. They'll hopefully have fixed everything by then.

EDIT3: The link is working again and the database error has been fixed. Click away!
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

My copy came recently and I was able to scan in the whole book, so here it is. You'll need to click 'next page' at the bottom to see the second page of scans as there's quite a few pages: http://postimage.org/gallery/11xp49yk/ffb3c648/?code=ffb3c648

The guide itself is poorly printed and some of the pages are a little faded. The book starts in colour but then changes to black and white halfway through. The credits at the back of the book are all in Chinese so I can't tell who published it, but it does mention 2001, which is possibly the date it was published. Quite a lot of the text has been changed to Chinese/Taiwanese, but a fair bit of the original Japanese remains. All of the character, denjuu and place names are kept in Japanese.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Very interesting, for the most part it looks exactly the same as the official guide, aside the language of course. They changed the page borders though, for some reason.
shay-shay

Post by shay-shay »

Nice!!
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Some of the borders are cut off on the pages as well. It's a bit like the manuals for those bootlegs of the Limited versions of Telefang.

The guidebook for Shui Hu Shen Shou has an advert for the Telefang guide: