Telefang figures! *with pics*

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Re: Telefang figures! *with pics*

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

A while ago while searching for Telefang goodies on Yahoo! Auctions Japan, I came across this lot of Telefang figures up for auction for only 300 yen. I managed to bid on them through a proxy bidding service and won! Yay! And for only 300 yen too, the original starting price :3
Funnily enough, there was no competition from anyone else, which was a bit odd since I thought there might be a bidding war and stuff...i'm so glad there wasn't <3

Also, originally I had thought I was only bidding on one of each figure but it turns out I received the whole lot of 13 figures pictured in the auction (which is a huge amount to find in one go... x3). I believe the seller was someone who was selling off old shop stock, so that might explain why the figures were going so cheap.

In total I received 4x Crypto, 3x Fungus, 3x Gymnos and 3x Angios. I opened and kept one of each figure for myself, but I have some spare figures leftover. I'm not sure what to do with them, since I don't have any means to sell them currently. I'd love to give them to people here on the community though since i'd know you guys would like them :3

Here are some pics I took (I also scanned the manuals that came with the figures too, since there are a different set of images for each figure):

Group Pics
Full set of figures
Group pic 1
Group pic 2
Head flipping action!
Maybe there's curry up there?
Accessories that came with the figures...
Denjuu cinema time! *now showing Pokemon Diamond: The Movie*

Crypto
All 4 Crypto figures
Close-up of Crypto
Full shot of Crypto in the box
Front of the box
Back of the box
Crypto Manual Part 1
Crypto Manual Part 2
Crypto Manual Part 3
Crypto Manual Part 4

Fungus
All 3 Fungus figures
Close-up of Fungus
Full shot of Fungus in the box
Front of the box
Back of the box
Fungus Manual Part 1
Fungus Manual Part 2
Fungus Manual Part 3
Fungus Manual Part 4

Angios
All 3 Angios figures
Close-up of Angios
Full shot of Angios in the box
Front of the box
Back of the box
Angios Manual Part 1
Angios Manual Part 2
Angios Manual Part 3
Angios Manual Part 4

Gymnos
All 3 Gymnos figures
Close-up of Gymnos
Full shot of Gymnos in the box
Front of the box
Back of the box
Gymnos Manual Part 1
Gymnos Manual Part 2
Gymnos Manual Part 3
Gymnos Manual Part 4

The figures themselves seem to have little motorised boxes in the bottom which you can attach wheels to. I think there are more than one type of wheels you can attach? I don't know how they affect the figure at all. I haven't tested the figures yet, but from the images on the box it looks like you crash them into each other and the losing one's head pops up (I thought it was a bit like Rock-em Sock-em Robots when I first saw it). You can press their jaws to pop up their heads and close them to put them back again. They also come with a translucent plastic phone accessory that seems to be a spring loader that fires out these strange green spinning tops (which I think might have magnets in?). They're pretty neat little figures overall.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Ahhhhhh! The only one I need is Gymnos, would you be willing to sell one of those?? I seriously thought I'd never see those online again O_O
Selyte(imported)

Post by Selyte(imported) »

OH MY GOD o_o
I can't believe it! They sell them?
Ack, I want one ç_ç
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

@RacieB
I'm not sure where I could sell the figures at the moment, although i'd really like to. I don't know which would be the best site to do so. I did think of ebay, but I don't want to have to pay too many fees to put up the auction and also the figures would be open to be bidded on by other people too, so there's a chance they would go to someone else other than the people here. If I can find a place to sell them I can definitely save a Gymnos figure for you to complete your collection :3

@ Selyte
I don't know anywhere that sells the figures specifically, but I do know they pop up on Yahoo! Japan Auctions from time to time, although very, very rarely.... You'd need a proxy bidding service to bid on them though, as most sellers on Yahoo! Japan don't accept international bidders (I believe you also need a Japanese bank account too). It was lucky I caught the figures when I did, since it was at a time where I was checking the Telefang auctions every day for stuff (I might have missed them otherwise).
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I could just send you a cashier's check or concealed cash in an envelope (assuming you can accept USD, I don't know where you live XD) Or PayPal if you have an account, I've already got one myself.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

I'm not really sure where to sell them, so i'd have to think it through first. Also, i'll need to get boxes to ship them in, since I don't have any cardboard boxes at the moment. I've got plenty of bubblewrap though xD
The only thing you would need to pay for would be the shipping, depending on what kind of shipping you wanted.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Well, you don't have to put them up on eBay or something to arrange stuff with people on Tulunk at least -shrug- I sell jewelry and stuff just going through PayPal alone sometimes.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

After a bit of thinking, I think ebay is going to be the best option after all. Apparently starting the auctions at 0.99 means they can be listed for free (although ebay still takes a proportion of the total). All I would need to do is to calculate the shipping cost then. I'll have to set up a sellers account first though and get some cardboard boxes to ship the figures in which may take a while. I'm guessing I should include the cost of packaging in the shipping total too since i'll have to buy some boxes first.

If I can get a sellers account set up, i'm sure I can reserve the auction for you, if you're interested in the Gymnos figure. Although i'm not sure if you can reserve auctions on ebay or not. Do you have an ebay account at all? I'm guessing a few people on the forum do.

EDIT: If anyone is interested in the spare figures there are 3x Crypto, 2x Angios, 2x Fungus and 2x Gymnos left.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

That seems like a really roundabout option, when it would be much easier just to organize stuff through email or PM... It's not like eBay is going to do any work for you, it just makes it easier to sell things to people you don't know or have contact with.

I'd also be interested in a set, if you have one available...XD I've been looking for these for a long time, but I've only ever seen the Crypto figure on Yahoo Japan before.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Hm, maybe that would be easier if you prefer it to be done through PMs. I guess that way it can be kept on the community and it means no ebay fees. You'd have to let me know where you live and your addresses though so I can send the figures to you and so i'll be able to calculate shipping at the post office. I'll have to make two trips to the Post office though, one to get the boxes and wrap everything up and the other to ship them off once I know where to send them. It should be easy enough.

Also, if you'd like a full set of figures Kimbles that would leave 2x Crypto, 1x Fungus, and 1x Angios for everyone else. I'll need to get a bigger box if you would like all four, but that's no problem :3

EDIT: Also, will you be paying through paypal? I'm thinking that would be the easiest way to go.

EDIT2: There's still 2 Cryptos, 1 Fungus and 1 Angios left if any other people are interested.

EDIT3: Here's my sales topic for the remaining figure(s): Only one Crypto figure left!