Diamond/Jade Chinese guidebook!

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Re: Diamond/Jade Chinese guidebook!

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

Another interesting find on Taobao, a Chinese Diamond/Jade guidebook that seems to be made specifically for the Chinese bootlegs: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=3023953198

Now, not only is there a translated Chinese version of the Japanese Telefang 1 guide, but also a guide for the bootlegs too. Very strange.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Huh, if I converted right it seems to be just under two dollars too XP Wouldn't be surprised though if it's like some of the bootleg manuals I've seen before consisting of two pages folded and stapled.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Yep, it's $2 ^^
I actually bought one, so I guess we'll have to wait and see what it is. It's listed as a guidebook, like the Telefang 1 guidebook, so i'm pretty sure it is one rather than just a manual. The angle of the photo probably makes it appear flatter than it is.

It's still strange they did a guide for the bootlegs when there's also another guide for the Japanese Telefang games as well (although the Telefang guide is from Taiwan, whereas this one is from China). The seller is selling other Chinese guidebooks as well, I have no clue whether they're official, but some of them seem to be based on the Japanese guidebooks. Makes me wonder if there are some Chinese companies who spend their time unofficially translating Japanese guidebooks so Chinese people have a guide on how to play the games. The Japanese Telefang games seem to be known in both Taiwan and China (although possibly more in Taiwan since i've seen more stuff for sale on Ruten rather than Taobao so far).
shay-shay

Post by shay-shay »

@KenjutheDenjuu: Please take some picture of it when it arrives! ^_^
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Sure thing! I'll definitely be posting pictures of it. It's currently in the process of being ordered and I had to change to a different store because the first had sold out. Hopefully the second store I try will have it this time *fingers crossed*.
shay-shay

Post by shay-shay »

Yes!! *fingers crossed*
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

It's on its way! The second store had it in stock ^^
TimeWalker(imported)

Post by TimeWalker(imported) »

Awesome, can't wait to see fancy pictures of the book to look at :P
shay-shay

Post by shay-shay »

@KenjutheDenjuu: B)
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Unfortunately, i've got some bad news about the guidebook. I just got a message today and apparently it's out of stock. Only two sellers on Taobao had the guidebook and both are out of stock, meaning I can't get a hold of it for now. I don't know of anywhere else that sells it, so it looks like i'm out of luck for now.

I'm a little gutted, but hopefully it'll turn up sometime in the future. Sorry to disappoint everyone ^^;