Telefang 1 shares sound engine with Croc 2 for GBC?

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Re: Telefang 1 shares sound engine with Croc 2 for GBC?

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

While playing Croc 2 for GBC recently, I noticed the game appears to use the same sound engine as Telefang 1 and the instruments used in the songs appear to be the same ones as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkwKtisLDr8

Considering Croc 2 is also made by Natsume and was on the GBC, it's probably not surprising if the same engine was used. I thought of Telefang straight away after hearing the music. I'm not sure if any other Natsume games for the GBC do this as well.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Turns out this game uses the Malias compression as well!
Neat find!
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

I'm guessing that's the same compression Telefang uses?

Also, I did some more researching and turns out that 'Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue' for the GBC has the same sound engine as well. Here's a sample from the title theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5sDRKD1R7o

Seems like Natsume reused the same engine for a few (or possibly all, i'd have to check) of their GBC games.
Fangblade90(imported)

Post by Fangblade90(imported) »

I think that the game amazing penguin does use the engine as well despite being an early gb game by natsume , or I might be wrong....
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Sorry, but I think you might be mistaken. The GB uses a different sound engine to the GBC (as far as I know) and I had a listen to the music and it didn't sound very much like Telefang's. Thanks for your suggestion though, Amazing Penguin seems like an interesting GB game anyhow. I had a look at a couple of videos about it, after you mentioned it.
Fangblade90(imported)

My bad ,It sounded similar at first. :P I wonder if any games share their sound engine with telefang2.
Riviera :the promise land seems to have complex and awesome music like telefang 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n4at_z ... re=related
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Worth noting is that when I looked at this page, Kinuyo Yamashita composed the music for the GBC version. She was also the one who composed the music for Telefang. So not only do the sound effects sound similar, not only does the music use similar instruments, but it also has a similar style, due to the same composer.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Thanks for the link. I had a feeling she might have been the composer for Croc 2. That explains the similarity ^^ The music is really upbeat and energetic like Telefang's music.
moviemovies1(imported)

Post by moviemovies1(imported) »

I found out something interesting...
Listen to this

It is the Stage A theme from Choujin Sentai Jetman on the NES (Developed by Natsume).
That sounds alot like the sound engine in Telefang!
Also, listen to the music in Ninja Gaiden Shadow...
Same sound engine?
Fangblade90(imported)

You mean this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV7vDcMtRO4
It's called Shadow Warriors in Europe and Australia and I think it too sounds similar to t1 but it's on the GB and ,like Kenju said ,it uses a different engine than the GBC.