Telefang 1 shares sound engine with Croc 2 for GBC?

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Re: Telefang 1 shares sound engine with Croc 2 for GBC?

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

The music in the game you mentioned does sound very similar to Telefang 1. Whether they've used the same sound engine, I couldn't say for sure. The NES uses a different engine to the GBC but the orchestration and some of the instruments are definitely similar. I wonder if it's just Natsume's music style? It's interesting it's shared by more than one game, although I guess that's just Natsume's way of composing the music.
moviemovies1(imported)

Post by moviemovies1(imported) »

wrote:The music in the game you mentioned does sound very similar to Telefang 1. Whether they've used the same sound engine, I couldn't say for sure. The NES uses a different engine to the GBC but the orchestration and some of the instruments are definitely similar. I wonder if it's just Natsume's music style? It's interesting it's shared by more than one game, although I guess that's just Natsume's way of composing the music.
I have also heard some music from Shatterhand on the NES, and the Natsume Music Style is there too!
It seems like the square waves in Natsume games has some kind of one-channel echo, if you know what I mean.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Natsume produced Shatterhand, so it's not surprising the music is similar. Here's a link to some, if anyone's interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpNzhjxdd5Y

It sounds like Croc 2's soundtrack, but it definitely uses a sound engine like Telefang's.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Fangblade90 wrote:My bad ,It sounded similar at first. :P I wonder if any games share their sound engine with telefang2.
Riviera :the promise land seems to have complex and awesome music like telefang 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n4at_z ... re=related
No problem ^^

It's possible, but i'm not sure if any games might share with T2 since I think the Gameboy Advance might have more sound channels to compose music with since it's a more advanced console. I'll keep an ear out though and see if I can find any Natsume games that sound like it though.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

After revisiting Croc 2 just recently on Youtube, I made a screenshot of the credits. Kinuyo Yamashita is listed for Sound Design on the game along with IKu Mizutani. Kinuyo Yamashita is listed with the alternate of 'Ueda' however:

It would be great if someone could make a rip of the soundtrack and place it on Youtube. No one seems to have done so yet, probably due to the game's relative obscurity. The music is really good if you want some similar styled musical Telefang nostalgia. Trying to imagine what parts of Telefang would match with the music in Croc 2 is a fun thing to do.

Ms. Yamashita certainly knows how to make a mix of funky upbeat tunes for island exploring, mixed with foreboding sounding enemy music for the bad guys. The soundtracks are part of what makes both games great and memorable.