Telefang manga scans!!

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
Kimbles(imported)

Re: Telefang manga scans!!

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

RacieB wrote:I actually found a few of the issues of Bom Bom that included Telefang 2 chapters, but $25 each? Wow um x__x That would be at least $150 for all of them, not including shipping.. yeah maybe when I'm rich T__T
Yeah, I looked around for those on Yahoo Japan Auctions in the hopes of finding a picture or two... *nod* I guess they are pretty rare by now, though... There's no way it would be worth it for us to buy them... *sigh*
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I actually did get a few pictures off of Yahoo! Auctions, just table-of-contents pages showing the comics in each issue though with Telefang 2 listed.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

RacieB wrote: I actually found a few of the issues of Bom Bom that included Telefang 2 chapters, but $25 each? Wow um x__x That would be at least $150 for all of them, not including shipping.. yeah maybe when I'm rich T__T
I have enough. I will give you the $150 (plus shipping if you can tell me what that is) if you promise to buy and scan them all with it.

What method should I transfer the money by?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Wow, I hadn't found all of them for sale at the same time even, if I was able to get any it'd be in random chapter order x__x I can look again and see which are currently available..

EDIT: There aren't any even from the same year currently available x___x
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

RacieB wrote: Wow, I hadn't found all of them for sale at the same time even, if I was able to get any it'd be in random chapter order x__x I can look again and see which are currently available..

EDIT: There aren't any even from the same year currently available x___x
How much for the ones you can get?

I would rather not wait until those ones disappear before we get the rest.
Kimbles wrote:The author has a website here, which is updated occasionally. XD They still work as an illustrator, it seems...*nod*
I think that we should extend our thanks for their work on the manga:
hp@kinoouti.com

Can anyone create a message in Japanese?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I mean that last time I looked there were at least two of the issues that included Telefang 2 chapters, but there are absolutely zero at the moment x_x
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

RacieB wrote: I mean that last time I looked there were at least two of the issues that included Telefang 2 chapters, but there are absolutely zero at the moment x_x

..f**k.

Well keep me informed if any more show up.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Oh wow, I looked just a couple weeks ago and they had a ton... XD I guess the one person who was selling them sold them all. *sigh* Anyway, I still vote that buying them is a very bad idea. I can tell you now that at least half of the total cost will be for shipping, bank transfers, fees for the bidding service (which is pretty much required since sellers don't ship outside japan by default), and EMS shipping out of japan, which I can see being quite a bit for big heavy magazines. :/

The 5 manga volumes I got cost 2800 yen and the 5 player's guides cost 5 yen, and with all costs added it was $150 in the end. You're not going to find it much cheaper though, because again, most of it is just the actual shipping cost...

But, if you really want to buy them, do try to get them from as few different people as possible for shipping and in as few auctions as possible, because most bidding services charge per auction. *nod* And wait until you have everything before shipping it out of japan. XD I used Celga, they're pretty reasonable price-wise and pleasant to deal with, so I would probably recommend them. *nod*
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Well, to be honest, when I bought the players guide and the battle figures I didn't use a bidding service. An acquaintance gave me the address of someone she knows who lives in Japan and helps her buy stuff from there. Since I'm not very close with either her or him, I'm not really comfortable giving out his info because it was a huge favor to me in the first place x_x That's mostly the reason I haven't already snapped up the other players guides and manga and such when I've seen them around, I don't want to bother anybody to help me XP
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Kimbles wrote: Oh wow, I looked just a couple weeks ago and they had a ton... XD I guess the one person who was selling them sold them all. *sigh* Anyway, I still vote that buying them is a very bad idea. I can tell you now that at least half of the total cost will be for shipping, bank transfers, fees for the bidding service (which is pretty much required since sellers don't ship outside japan by default), and EMS shipping out of japan, which I can see being quite a bit for big heavy magazines. :/
Well price isn't the issue, as long as we can get them all and compile them together eventually.