Telefang manga scans!!

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
RacieB

Re: Telefang manga scans!!

Post by RacieB »

Once again, this is awesome and you're made of awesome.

Crypto and Shigeki's attitudes keep amusing me more and more, they're just such jerks, it's hilarious.
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

andwhyisit wrote:
RacieB wrote: I think telefang is a pretty cool guy. eh kills e-mons and doesn't afraid of anything.
What. The. Fuuuuuuuuckk?!
Well she did say she had insomnia.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Chapter 3~ XD
A lot of stuff happens in this one. XD Monthly series are great~

Notably the appearance of Mossan, the (retired) legendary T-Fanger who later appears in Telefang 2. *nod* Mossan is a nickname probably, it's a combination of ossan which means "middle-aged dude" and Moriyoshi which is the name on his nametag. XD Which leads me to believe that he's based on the real-life Moriyoshi Yoshida, who the game's credits list as one of Comic Bom Bom's editors. *nod* Good times. ^^;

Also: Since the spine at the middle of the book has given up on life, it's a lot easier to scan flat now, so much less blurry. XD Yaay~
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I'M GOING TO DIE OF PURRING

also holy violence!
Kimbles(imported)

Chapter 4. *nod*
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

CRYPTO IS A MURDER MACHINE

I LOVE THIS MANGA
M3FTW(imported)

Post by M3FTW(imported) »

All I can say is this: simply amazing. Beautiful art, and I love how great the story is. Shame it didn't become serialized for a longer period of time. Unless... do we know why it stopped? Was it perhaps the downfall of the company, or was it actually 'finished'?

Either way, thanks for the scans, Kimbles. Its awesome ^^
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

I'd say, the downfall of the company.

It ain't over until doomsday. Wait, that must've been it right there.
Kimbles(imported)

I'm guessing it was cancelled.... It doesn't seem like it had quite the popularity as the other series going at the time, never got on the magazine covers, etc. *nod* It does have an ending though. XD
It ran from March 2000 to July 2001, and Smilesoft died in 2003, so they probably wouldn't have been connected... *nod* They had a bugsite and Telefang 2 manga after, but only Telefang 1's was sucessful enough to get released in volumes. *nod*

The author has a website here, which is updated occasionally. XD They still work as an illustrator, it seems...*nod*
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I actually found a few of the issues of Bom Bom that included Telefang 2 chapters, but $25 each? Wow um x__x That would be at least $150 for all of them, not including shipping.. yeah maybe when I'm rich T__T