Evolution - is it always good?

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
Goldschuss(imported)

Re: Evolution - is it always good?

Post by Goldschuss(imported) »

Hello guys

There are some Denjuu that can evolve multiple types and/or have evolution branches.

My question is: Should I always evolve Denjuu's if I have the items to do so? In the wiki it is stated, that Denjuus that are naturally evolved, have better stats than those with other evolutions.
So.. can an evolution make a Denjuu possibily worse?

What should I look out for, when evolving my Denjuu? Thanks in advance and regards

Goldschuss
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Evolution always makes it better than the base Denjuu, but when there's split evo options that's when you'll want to consider stats and movesets. It only super matters on those Denjuu that you just get one of though (Crypto/Fungus, Angios/Gymnos, and Liriope) since for any of the others you can pick up extras in the wild if you want their alternate lines.
Goldschuss(imported)

Thank you this helps a lot. Gonna evolve my larijas then if I can. Also can I somehow change the name when a denjuu evolves?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

In the original game and bootleg, Denjuu keep their names when they evolve (whether or not they're nicknamed, so for example Crypto stays "Crypto" when he becomes Cryptoride) but in the patch if they are NOT nicknamed they'll get their new species name (if they have a nickname though, they keep that.) Otherwise, the only time you can ever rename a Denjuu is if you receive it via link cable (either by trading numbers or by winning a battle with another player.) In those cases, you can rename ANY Denjuu, including starters or secret ones etc that cannot normally be named.
Sherkel(imported)

Post by Sherkel(imported) »

RacieB wrote:Evolution always makes it better than the base Denjuu, but when there's split evo options that's when you'll want to consider stats and movesets. It only super matters on those Denjuu that you just get one of though (Crypto/Fungus, Angios/Gymnos, and Liriope) since for any of the others you can pick up extras in the wild if you want their alternate lines.
I was looking back at my good old save file on Power today and wondered if I could still get Angioros. I had already evolved it into Angipower...why, I will never know. I guess it's incentive to play through it again and figure out how this whole linkup thing works.
zzc

Post by zzc »

You only get 1 Crypto/Fungus, Angios/Gymnos, and Liriope per playthru. You want more you need to trade numbers or use the denjuu tool to make wild denjuu evo to the denjuu you want. ;)
Jade(imported)

Post by Jade(imported) »

zzc wrote:You only get 1 Crypto/Fungus, Angios/Gymnos, and Liriope per playthru. You want more you need to trade numbers or use the denjuu tool to make wild denjuu evo to the denjuu you want. ;)
Denjuu tool? Where i get?
zzc

Post by zzc »

denjuu editor sp made by swampert.
Goldschuss(imported)

So after looking a bit more through the evos on the wiki there's actually very little difference.

to get back to example in the first post, Raygirth has higher speed, while Raygoten has higher damage, so it comes down to what you prefer.

Also Armaru and Tricerarmor. The stat growth of the 2 is the same except d.attack. the lvl 99 stats of tricerarmor are only very slightly better (between +1 and +3 in every stat) again with the exception being denma attack.
Both have Assault as their primary damage attack.