Tulunk Village's Belated 3rd Anniversary

Forum announcements will go in here.
Blaziken257

Re: Tulunk Village's Belated 3rd Anniversary

Post by Blaziken257 »

Well, I don't know if anybody has even noticed, but earlier this week, on the 21st to be exact, Tulunk Village has turned three years old. Despite the lack of activity in the past year, the forum still lives, and people are still posting here.

Unfortunately I had nothing planned for this anniversary. In the past two weeks, I've been ridiculously busy, and I will continue to be really busy for the next two weeks as well. In the past week alone, I had almost no free time, and whatever free time I did have, I spent playing Donkey Kong Country Returns instead, because I'd been looking forward to that game ever since it was announced earlier in the year (let's face it, I've been a fan of Donkey Kong Country/Land almost as soon as I started playing video games, and I've played it even before Pokémon, much less Telefang, so please forgive my excitement for it, not to mention there wasn't a good DK game at all in the past decade before this). So the timing this year was simply bad for me. In addition, we had the 10th anniversary of Telefang's release date, which I celebrated by posting music on YouTube (which, unfortunately, due to the lack of interest, I ended up deciding not to upload anymore).

So, yeah, sorry. I did promise last year that I would upload Telefang 2 sprites as avatars, but I never got around to that (Zetaboards's uploading system is extremely annoying), but I'll do that sometime in December when I have time.

Also, another thing that I want to say. I know that some people here are more active than I am, and I don't like how this board has had less activity than it used to, which is largely because I haven't posted much here at all anymore. So if someone is willing to take over this board by being a good admin and thinks that they can make this forum active again, then PM me and I will consider it. Generally, I will consider regular members who are respectful and have been here for a long time. Writing English properly helps too, like using capitals, punctuation, good grammar, and few to no spelling errors. You know who you are. Let this forum be alive again! And no, this forum will never ever be closed, despite some people worrying about that. That would be ludicrous to get rid of this forum.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with a slow board... We've always had a pretty small userbase, and it isn't like Gamefaqs where the topics disappear. *shrug*

I think the easiest way to get the board more active would be to work more on the translation patches. I know I haven't translated anything for it in like, 2 whole years, but I'm planning to get the next chunk of the story done once I get out of school for Christmas. There's also a lot of technical work do be done with the patch that I can't do myself, which kind of needs to be dealt with first... (VWF)

Another thing that would help would be sorting out the issues with Wikifang. Because it's just really depressing, and because it was a really useful place to post and keep track of things and it's pretty much totally broken now. >_< It would probably help the board a lot a lot if we could just get a new wiki set up...
Locololo(imported)

Post by Locololo(imported) »

Kimbles wrote:I think the easiest way to get the board more active would be to work more on the translation patches. I know I haven't translated anything for it in like, 2 whole years, but I'm planning to get the next chunk of the story done once I get out of school for Christmas. There's also a lot of technical work do be done with the patch that I can't do myself, which kind of needs to be dealt with first... (VWF)
i wish i could help, but im not sure what you mean, but i can try to figure it out if you need help ^_^
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Yeah, this board will always have a small userbase due to the game's popularity, but the lack of activity seems to turn people off. I've noticed this trend a lot in the past year:

- A user discovers this site and joins it.
- He/she makes a few posts about Telefang.
- He/she waits for somebody to reply, which either doesn't happen at all, or somebody replies a week or two later.
- He/she gets frustrated, leaves the board, and never comes back.

Because of this, there are plenty of users that have, like, 5 posts and haven't been here in months. It's saddening. This board is better than GameFAQs though (I'm not saying this because I made this board), because this one is still more active, and has a better community IMO. Although these days, posts get archived on GameFAQs now, except on the Telefang 2 board for some reason (which is very unusual).

It would be nice to get the translation patch working, but that VWF is a pain in the neck. It's unfinished and has some bugs, which was what turned me off from it. Even if it didn't have bugs, making a good looking font that everybody can agree upon, and editing the text so that it doesn't have text wrapping issues or waste loads of space (which I hate about English versions of Gen IV Pokémon games, where everything is like "[Pokémon] used[newline][move]!" even though that can all very easily fit on one line most of the time).

I'd edit Wikifang (or at least once I'm no longer so busy during most of December) if it weren't for that hideous skin that makes it almost unusable... good thing RacieB is nice enough to host it. I guess we should come up with a new skin for it soon... a Telefang themed one that is similar to the old one (with the banner and colors and all).
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

I'm still here, but I've been too lazy to post in here. Saddening :C

Willing to do stuff for the translation patch and clone the wiki.
Fangblade90(imported)

Post by Fangblade90(imported) »

I'm still here aswell. I do tend to check the forums on a daily basis, but I do lurk alot.
;)
Sherkel(imported)

Post by Sherkel(imported) »

I'm trying to not leave this forum behind after my beginning few posts, but I don't really think there's any way to make this place more active. Telefang always did seem to have a small fanbase, leading to this relatively inactive forum.

I may help with the wiki transition when I'm done with school for the calendar year./
lapeirousia19(imported)

Post by lapeirousia19(imported) »

I also wasn't really active past year, but I'm back again and now without my nonsense topics or comments (read my topic in Off-topic discussion to learn more about this). I was 12 or 13 by then; I am now 15.

Oh yeah, I just noticed that I joined the forum Jan 6 2008 (Yes, I was one of the first members). That means I have now been member of Tulunk Village for 3 years!
Zeon(imported)

Post by Zeon(imported) »

I just joined, and yeah, this place is pretty inactive. I think it's because Telefang is dead (no more Telefang games have come out).
Shadow420(imported)

Post by Shadow420(imported) »

This forum is fairly inactive generally, but every once in a while there is some activity- at least it's not completely dead.

And I do stop in every once in a while to see how things are, like I did today. :P