The (Not ) Definitive Telefang 1 Translation Topic

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
Kimbles(imported)

Re: The (Not ) Definitive Telefang 1 Translation Topic

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

XD To andwhyisit, that's very kind, but we still don't know the official colours for most of them... Plus, some of the pictures on my copy have pencil over them. It looks like the previous owner of the book marked off the Denjuu they had... >_> I'm just not sure if it's still worth it to scan it, since the player's guides don't open nearly as wide as the manga does, on top of that...D: I can still try though, if you want...

XD And yeah, awesome avatar. XD I thought it was official for a second when I saw it. Good work. XD

To Kid Sonic, Racie's site has pictures of most of coloured Denjuu, again... As you've evidently noticed...XD The ones that she's missing are partial pictures of Ixora, and Sorghum, full pictures of Sorghum's evo, Funnel's evo, and Saiope, and tiny headshot pictures of Noriutsugi, Berzelia and Bashou. D: She probably left them because they were small or too close to the centre of the book to get a good scan, which will also be a problem for me. :/ All of the other Denjuu, we'll likely never get colours for.

And yes, we already know that's what you're doing. You posted it before. D: This topic isn't for your projects, either.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Kimbles wrote:XD To andwhyisit, that's very kind, but we still don't know the official colours for most of them... Plus, some of the pictures on my copy have pencil over them. It looks like the previous owner of the book marked off the Denjuu they had... >_> I'm just not sure if it's still worth it to scan it, since the player's guides don't open nearly as wide as the manga does, on top of that...D: I can still try though, if you want...
Yes. Give me as many B&W Denjuu pics as you can scan. (Even B&W ones that have coloured pics)

I will most likely create a new thread for releasing the coloured images.

What dimensions should the images be in?
Kimbles wrote:XD And yeah, awesome avatar. XD I thought it was official for a second when I saw it. Good work. XD
The image is official, just not the colouring job. :rolleyes:
Kid Sonic wrote:This is what I i'm doing.
I didn't mean the sprites, I meant the official pics. The ones in grayscale in the manuals. *facepalm*
Kimbles(imported)

...>_>; Well, the first third of the list is complete with info from the guide, now. I failed to foresee how extremely time consuming this would be, so I'm working on it a post at a time and then updating, so you guys at least get something. *nod*

Since it was already a ridiculous amount of work, I figured I might as well go all out and fill in everything I planned on adding ever, so now we have the attack and arrive text and the assigned ringtones for every Denjuu, found with the rom and gameshark codes. :/ Hopefully there's no typos, but I did check them over pretty hard. *nod*

Regarding the attack and arrive translations, see....XD It's kind of frustating. Most of the Denjuu have a sentence-ending catchphrase/syllable of some sort, related to their personality or the animal they're based on, like a personalized speech impediment. >_> This is actually super common in japanese media, but it really doesn't transfer into english at all, so usually it's just ignored in translation. If you're familiar with Animal Crossing, you get the idea. XD
Telefang would lose quite a bit of its charm without them, so I'll do my best to translate. *nod* Even so, it's pretty much a hundred different ways of saying the exact same thing, which is never easy to deal with, so I will probably take my time filling them in... *nod*

I might also be pretty leisurely translating the dex entires, since I really suck at wording, and can take my time now that I have the japanese written out. XD I know a couple of them I won't be able to translate with my current knowledge of japanese, so really the list will never be totally complete... Oh, and I reworded a couple of the awkward translations I had, but some of them are still kind of bad. ^^;
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

Kimbles wrote: Regarding the attack and arrive translations, see....XD It's kind of frustating. Most of the Denjuu have a sentence-ending catchphrase/syllable of some sort, related to their personality or the animal they're based on, like a personalized speech impediment. >_> This is actually super common in japanese media, but it really doesn't transfer into english at all, so usually it's just ignored in translation. If you're familiar with Animal Crossing, you get the idea.
Another way of how Telefang is similar to Pokemon.

Don't berate me for that.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I find it interesting that a lot of the attack/arrive phrases are unique to every Denjuu in the Japanese version, but a lot of them are similar (e.g. "Split you!" or "Long wait") in the bootleg. It doesn't help that there's a small character limit...
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Kid Sonic wrote: Another way of how Telefang is similar to Pokemon.

Don't berate me for that.
Pokemon does it in sounds rather than text. But I understand what you are saying. The idea behind it is to apply individuality to each Denjuu or Pokemon, like how Fungus and Crypto had different introductory speeches that indicated different personalities.
IIMarckus(imported)

Post by IIMarckus(imported) »

Item names

Fire Gun—ファイアーガン
Gun—ガン
Revolver Gun—リボルバーガン
Bazooka—バズーカ
Machine Gun—マシンガン
Missile—ミサイル
Bomb—ボム
Gatling Gun—ガトリングガン
Saber—サーベル
Drill—ドリル
Jet Engine—ジェットエンジン
Propeller Engine—プロペラエンジン
Shuriken—シュリケン
Battery—でんち
Archery—アーチェリー
Range—レンジ
Iron—アイロン
Mixer—ミキサー
Phone—でんわ
Antenna—アンテナ
Spanner—スパナ
Saw—ノコギリ
Chainsaw—チェーンソー
Beam Gun—ビームガン
Axe—アックス
Driver—ドライバー
Screw—ネジ
Spring—ゼンマイ
Gear—ギア
Telecard—テレカ
Lance—ランス
Crane—クレーン
Army Knife—アーミーナイフ
Sickle—カマ
Computer—コンピュータ
Mobile—モバイル
Hammer—ハンマー
Syringe—ちゅうしゃき
Camera—カメラ
Video—ビデオ
Frypan—フライパン
Pencil—えんぴつ
Tire—タイヤ
Oxygen—ボンベ
Faucet—じゃぐち
Bucket—バケツ
Vacuum—そうじき
Mouse—マウス
Key—カギ
Game Machine—ゲームマシン
unknown—ぬいぐるみ
Bonbon—ボンボン
Kickboard—キックボード
unknown—チタリウム
unknown—ルナチウム
Diamond—ガイアモンド
Round Metal—ラウンドメタル
Titanium—タイタニュウム
unknown—かいぞうしよう1
unknown—かいぞうしよう2
unknown—かいぞうしよう3
unknown—じャけんしよう1
unknown—じャけんしよう2
unknown—じャけんしよう3
unknown—バイオレント3
unknown—グラップライト9
unknown—ギガイア00
Item End—アイテム し

Trainer names

Miki—ミキちゃん
Toshikazu—トシカズくん
unknown—サナエバのてした (Sanaeba)
Mitsuba—みつばちゃん
Toru—トールくん
Sayuri—サユリさん
Yukiko—ユキコさん
unknown—たんけんか
Jujutsu—ジュージュツ
Ogawa—おがわ
Buta—ブーた
Kunisada—クニサダくん
Wanda—ワンダさん
unknown—けんきゅういん
Girl—おんなのこ
Craft Master—クラフトはかせ
Reporter Man—レポマン
Hoshino—ほしの
Kikoriya—きこリや
Teacher—キンダーママ
Cave Girl—ケイブガール
Fangarian—ファンガリアン
unknown—バード
Maniac—マニア
Aunt Diami—ディアミおばさん
B.J.—びーじデー
unknown—ハックルトム
unknown—スイスイスイマー
Karate Man—カラテマン
Go Go Racer—ゴーゴーレーサー
unknown—プルこう
Mike—ミケ
Baby—ベイビー
Father Thunder—カミナリおやじ
Father Kazi (?)—カジおやじ
Father Jishin (?)—ジシンおやじ
Kai—カイ
Nerikara—ネリカラ
unknown—カクザとう
Tabasco—タバスコ
Sanaeba—サナエバ
Saitou—さいとう
Saitou—さいとう
Saitou—さいとう
Saitou—さいとう
Saitou—さいとう
Saitou—さいとう
Saitou—さいとう
Dummy 0—ダミ‐0

I assume (perhaps wrongly) that these haven’t been done yet.
Kimbles(imported)

XD Aaah, I already have an item list almost done, though it was copied from the guide rather than the game... I was going to post it and the attack list once I had the rest of the Denjuu list done, since I need it to fill in the Denjuu that use them.... *nod*

I have been working on this, but it goes very slowly you see, and I want to finish the text dump first because the guide has shown itself to be of questionable accuracy. ): It's missing some attacks, includes some that don't exist, and that "syringe" item isn't mentioned anywhere... ): Crap.

So uh, do you think you could look at that exact section in Diamond and post the bootleg item names? D: That is one part I am still missing...
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

Will we ever do a Definitive Telefang 2 Translation Topic?
IIMarckus(imported)

Post by IIMarckus(imported) »

Bootleg item names

A-gun
Gun
Revolver
R-gun
Mo-gun
Missile
Bomb
Ma-gun