The (Not ) Definitive Telefang 1 Translation Topic

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
Kimbles(imported)

Re: The (Not ) Definitive Telefang 1 Translation Topic

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Oooh, I'd like to see the dummy attacks, how did you find them? XD

And yeah, I noticed that they left those 4 out... XD They don't learn any unique attacks, though... The only missing attacks are Hoof, Heat Wave, and Plasma Laser, that I've found. *nod*

It's a shame Snake Laser isn't a real attack, though. >__> Maybe it was planned to only be learned by Guntzatl, and they changed it at the last minute... *shrug*
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I found them when I was writing out the attack list a while back, there's 11 of them in all (from Dummy to Dummy-10), if one of them does match up to Snake Laser's description you could easily hack one of the snakes to learn it and rename the attack >___>

http://telefang.meowcorp.us/attacklist.txt
Kimbles(imported)

Hmm, interesting. XD They all seem to use existing animations, though. *nod* They're mostly copies of attacks that cause status effects:

0 - A strong attack (no animation)
1 - Charge
2 - Restore
3 - Iron Wall
4 - Curse Song
5 - Lullaby
6 - Sleep Gas
7 - Smokescreen
8 - Poison Gas
9 - Jump
10 - Flight

It kind of makes sense too, if you look at where they're placed on the list... *nod*

Are the attack names alright, by the way? :D Aside from them being too long, I'm pretty happy with them... *nod* Should we add these to the wiki, or wait until we have something shorter, or wha...?
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Maybe you could copy all this information to a separate Wikifang article, something like: Wikifang:Telefang 1 Translations. You'd still have full control, there wouldn't be any size restriction and all new translations could be easily seen.
SougonNaTakumi(imported)

Post by SougonNaTakumi(imported) »

I've translated a few of the missing dex entries.

Suguri: It can even see in the darkness; somehow, by focusing its eyes, it can attack.
Chameraid: Its body is full of holes, so would blowing on its tail make it a flute?
Byakubu: It rends its opponents with extremely sharp teeth and claws.
Vanda: It strikes its opponents with a shake of its long, unjointed arms.
Cryptoknight: By opening the wings hidden in its back, it can also fly in the skies.
Cryptoburn: Can it achieve flight with the wing-like objects on its back?
Cryptosnipe: By firing the launchers equipped on its shoulders, it brings down anything in its path.
Cryptoride: The plates on its shoulders protect it while it attacks with its sharp claws.
Cryptoarm: It conceals a launcher in the shell on its head.
Gaultheria: It charges forth with its extremely hard, armor-like body.
(The bootleg was actually not so far off on that one.)
Eryngo: It attacks by launching a stinger from the protrusion on its abdomen.
Funnel: Though it's bipedal, it can still run quickly.
Viburnum: It curls up its long, flat tail, then deals out its attack.
Liriope: It lives in groups with its peers in shallow waters.

Should I add these to the Telefang 1 Translations page? Oh, and by the way, is the "launcher" (ranchaa) they keep mentioning in the dex entries a rocket launcher, or what?
Kimbles(imported)

XD Alright! This is awesome. XD

For the sake of knowledge though, I'm going to argue with you~
Suguri : kurayami demo mieru me wo mochi / yoru demo tatakaeru
I got "Having eyes that can see in darkness, it can fight even at night", or something similar... *nod* I'm pretty sure mochi is from motsu (to have), and yoru is night...? D:

They're pretty good though, though I would have worded them all slightly different. XD *shrug* It'd be cool if we could work together on them, do you have AIM? :D

Um though, I'd kind of prefer if we keep from changing the wiki list around yet, because it's really just a copy of this topic since it ran out of space... I want to still be able keep track of what I have done, and stuff... ;_;

The "launchers" refer to Cryptoarm's Horn Launcher attack, and Cryptosnipe's Mega Launcher, I'm guessing. I don't know what the Mega Launcher launches. >__>
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Hmm.. late, I know, but I wonder if it's possible that Gigagigasu was named after Scarites gigas? It'd be kind of a random reference if so, but the head.. grasper.. things look pretty similar, at any rate.
lapeirousia19(imported)

Post by lapeirousia19(imported) »

We haven't got the translated name of Baikinguurin yet. I think we could call her Bayqueen, not Bayking because it looks like a queen.
What do you think about this?
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

casbazzer wrote: We haven't got the translated name of Baikinguurin yet. I think we could call her Bayqueen, not Bayking because it looks like a queen.
What do you think about this?
We didn't? I though we did in the voting topic.
Anyways, Baikinguurin (which in English would be something like Vikingoorin) doesn't sound like Bayqueen, nor Bayking. Remember, we are translating, not localizing.

EDIT: Yes, it was voted upon.
lapeirousia19(imported)

Post by lapeirousia19(imported) »

Sorry, I thought we didn't because Baikinguurin has no translated name in Wikifang yet.