List of bootleg glitches

Discuss anything about the wonderful GBC Telefang games here!
Blaziken257

Re: List of bootleg glitches

Post by Blaziken257 »

Never heard of that glitch before... really, really weird.
Rixorster(imported)

Post by Rixorster(imported) »

Hmm, as I ain't playing Telefang on an emu(Have it on an 128mb cartridge), I have almost none of these bugs, and yes I can save & load and also I can still access Liz Island just fine. :/
CrazyDawgy(imported)

Post by CrazyDawgy(imported) »

While playing on my Jade cart (the logo at the bottom right says ONLY FOR GAME COLOR COLOR XD) I experienced another weird one today while trying to get back the save I accidentally deleted while trying to show my friend the intro- Before even catching anything I was running rampantly around Tulunk and at the screen with the grass at the top and the old lady at the bottom I ran past into the next screen to the right directly under the grass- but during transition it quickly flashed a garbled bunch of mess on the screen, then went "ERK" loudly and gave a blue screen. After that it sent me back to the title, which was normal except for no voices, and when it went into the intro the intro was the wrong pallete... but a different one than the normal pallete glitch. Everything was a hideous yellow and black pallet, and then the whole game was. It was almost unplayable as many of the larger sprites were covered at the bottom in garbled mess, but restarting the cart fixed it. I would've taken pics had the battery not been flashing red and me being far away from any camera, but I will try to replicate it...
onyxraven(imported)

Post by onyxraven(imported) »

nice new one, when i warp in alice, it crashes :S think i need a way round this....
Kalliekat(imported)

Post by Kalliekat(imported) »

Found a couple of small glitches in my game (Pokemon Diamond):

* When a denjuu phones you in battle to say they will be late, the text won't scroll when I press A, and it just takes you back to the battle screen instead. It did scroll a little further once but it skipped straight to the battle screen again.

* The clock on the phone stops working when the game is turned off and only starts again once I load up my saved game, starting from the time I last turned off. For example, if I turned off at 16:05, when I turn back on it will start from 16:05 with no time having passed.

Found an odd save glitch on my copy of Jade:

*The game refuses to save if you use any other template colour than the default yellow. If I use the yellow though , it saves fine.

That's all I can find for now. I'll write them down here if I find any more.

Kalliekat~
Selyte(imported)

Post by Selyte(imported) »

If you play the game with the emulator "Vboy" (gameboy color emulator for mobile phone) you can't listen the Shigeki voice when the game start. The first time you open the game you listen a strange sound, if you see the intro, when the screen "Press the start button" appear, you listen nothing before the song.

The text when the Denjuu call during a battle and when you choose your battle partner scroll only if you told the key A
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

I'm pretty sure that's an emulator limitation and not a problem with the bootleg; Lameboy for the DS can't emulate it, too.
Also, that's Shigeki's voice ? o.O;; I never understood what it says anyway, though I'd guess it's "KEITAI DENJUU!! TEREFANGU!!"
Selyte(imported)

Post by Selyte(imported) »

I thought he says "Keitai desu...and-another-sentence" XD

Oh, another thing: i don't know if it is normal or not, but sometimes, during the battles, over the name of denjuu appear a word as "Hi", "Hello" or "wow" O_O
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Selyte wrote:Oh, another thing: i don't know if it is normal or not, but sometimes, during the battles, over the name of denjuu appear a word as "Hi", "Hello" or "wow" O_O
I believe the random words are supposed to be status messages, like Burn or Sleep or whatever but they didn't translate them properly of course XP