im looking for this game

Discuss the little known GBA sequel to Telefang here!
goodbear(imported)

Re: im looking for this game

Post by goodbear(imported) »

anyone knows where can i find the rom for this game?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Come on, it's in the board rules..

- NO ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES. Mainly this has to do with copyright laws... primarily asking for or providing ROMs. Providing ROM patches (without the ROM) or save states is fine.
goodbear(imported)

Post by goodbear(imported) »

sry i normally dont read board rules lol
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Yeah... sorry. I don't want this place to have a reputation of providing/asking for ROMs. Besides, it's against the InvisionFree TOS to do anything illegal. It isn't too hard to find yourself, though, but I won't say where it is.

Actually, now that I think of it, Smilesoft went out of business in 2003 (at least according to Wikipedia). Furthermore, Telefang 2 was only released in Japan anyway. Does that make the ROMs legal?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Well, they appear to have sold all their stuff to Rocket Company and you can actually find copies of all the stuff that used to be on the Smilesoft site on their website now (if you know the URLs anyway, it doesn't appear to be linked anywhere to the main site.) Well, everything except the commercials.. I wanted to see those!

Anyway, Rocket Company did make a (poor) sequel to Dino Device, so if there were to be any more Telefang games made, they'd be the ones to do it. I would LOVE to see Telefang on DS, but I really hope it wouldn't get the Dino Device treatment.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Heh, I noticed that there is a Telefang page on their website: http://www.rocketcompany.co.jp/telefang/

The weird thing is, it looks a LOT like your site! Except it doesn't have music or your fan art (duh). And it's all in Japanese...

And I would like to see a Telefang game for the DS. Unfortunately, I doubt it will happen. There hasn't been a Telefang game in five years (then again, you could say the same about other series), and even if it was released, it'd probably only be Japanese-exclusive. A lot of good things are Japanese-exclusive, but I won't get started with that...

Though, I can imagine it. I can imagine that it would fully exploit the DS's capabilities. Like, the battles and environments would be in TRUE 3D, unlike the fake 3D that Diamond/Pearl has (which is just a minor facelift from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald). And the battle scenes would have actual backgrounds, like Telefang 2 (and unlike the Pokémon games). It would be nice if it had Wi-Fi too. You can battle Denjuu with people all across the world! And some of the awesome Denjuu would be brought back. Like Kuribute. Or some of Warata's evolutions. Of course, I'm imagining this all...
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Yes, I got the design from the archives of Smilesoft's site, I've been meaning to make my own but I hate doing page design.. I kind of know how I want it to go though.

Here's the Telefang 2 page: http://www.rocketcompany.co.jp/t2/

As for Telefang DS, for some reason I just keep thinking how amused I'd be using the touch screen to enter numbers, and friend codes would be like phone numbers.. haha
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Wow, a Telefang 2 page? Too bad that's ALSO in Japanese... do you ever plan on making your own Telefang 2 page, by any chance?

And I think friend codes are already like phone numbers. Except longer, of course. But they still remind me of them.

And the touch screen would be cool to play that vase-throwing mini-game... or dial (like you said)... or use the phone in other ways (I can't really think of anything at the moment, though)...
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I was planning on it, but I have a lot more info for Telefang 1 than 2, plus I originally set up the Telefang Index because of the poor reputation the first games have due to the pirating.

Hahaha, now I'm reminded of when I told my mom I could talk to my boyfriend with the DS mic while we're trading/battling Pokémon and she goes "What? It's like free long distance!" Which, I guess, it is. Now I'm imagining a "phone book" of your friends' codes kind of like the Pal Pad, that'd be awesome XP Hmm.. maybe secret Denjuu would have to be obtained over wireless or something..
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Are you going to do it eventually? I don't know much about it, partially because a lot of the dialog is in Japanese (even in the unofficial patch, which, by the way, has numerous spelling errors, but that's another story).

And that free long distance thing is funny when this is a game with cell phones. XD