Re: So I just got in contact with this awesome guy

Discuss the little known GBA sequel to Telefang here!
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

garm wrote: while 'Denjuu' is a more Japanese term that when left like that, English audiences wouldn't be able to understand (and it's not often you see something Japanese untranslated in English games).
Actually the Japanese word is "Denjū" if I recall.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

andwhyisit wrote:
garm wrote: while 'Denjuu' is a more Japanese term that when left like that, English audiences wouldn't be able to understand (and it's not often you see something Japanese untranslated in English games).
Actually the japanese word would be 電獣 (電 = electric, 獣 = beast/monster), with "Denjuu", "Denjū", and "Denzyû" all being english romanizations (romaji) of the japanese. We use "Denjuu" here because that romanization system looks better, makes more sense, and is actually possible to type aaaarrgh... ^^;
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

I actually added the ū character to the T2 translation patch overwriting the only unused one, just to save space in dialogs (because you can actually fit Denjū over the kana) xD

I also like romanizating it as Denjú, just because the character is on my keyboard >____>;
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Kimbles wrote:
andwhyisit wrote:
Actually the japanese word would be 電獣 (電 = electric, 獣 = beast/monster), with "Denjuu", "Denjū", and "Denzyû" all being english romanizations (romaji) of the japanese. We use "Denjuu" here because that romanization system looks better, makes more sense, and is actually possible to type aaaarrgh... ^^;
Is it pronounced dehn-jew? Or is it some weird pronunciation that no-one would ever think of by following some of the most underused pronunciation rules that the English language has to offer?
Sanky wrote:Well, Denjuu means Electric Monster... Kinda what Pocket Monsters is to Pokémon...
Elemon? Denmon? :lol:
garm(imported)

Post by garm(imported) »

andwhyisit wrote: Is it pronounced dehn-jew? Or is it some weird pronunciation that no-one would ever think of by following some of the most underused pronunciation rules that the English language has to offer?
Actually 'dehn-jew' is quite there. Except the -ew sound in 'jew' is a bit closer to a -oo sound iirc.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

garm wrote: Actually 'dehn-jew' is quite there. Except the -ew sound in 'jew' is a bit closer to a -oo sound iirc.
Awesomeness.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

garm wrote: Actually 'dehn-jew' is quite there. Except the -ew sound in 'jew' is a bit closer to a -oo sound iirc.
Oh, cool. I was going to ask the same thing. Glad I'm pronouncing it right ^^

Anyways, we got a bit offtopic ^^
candycourageous(imported)

Post by candycourageous(imported) »

I could try and post some photos of this game if i can get it to work, it works on and off but i could probably toget it to work using my GBA adapter for gamecube so everyone could see it bigger
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

That'd be great ! Thanks!
lapeirousia19(imported)

Post by lapeirousia19(imported) »

garm wrote:and it's not often you see something Japanese untranslated in English games
Pachirisu say hi.