Overworld Sprites

Discuss the little known GBA sequel to Telefang here!
garm(imported)

Re: Overworld Sprites

Post by garm(imported) »

About 10-15 minutes for each. Personally, I find ripping the battle sprites MUCH less tedious compared to overworlds (at least the 64x64 ones...the 80x80 ones are just as tedious). ^^'
For the below sprites; smaller ones are 64x64, bigger ones are 80x80.

Tinypic > Imageshack (because I can't be bothered to log in into Photobucket)
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

OMG... you're awesome! How do you have all the time to do this?! And I think you're the only one besides me that realizes that some Denjuu are 64x64, and others are 80x80. Is it OK if I put these on my page? I'll give you credit! It always takes me a really long time for every single Denjuu... I use VBA's tile viewer which takes a long time... how are you doing it?
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Blaziken257 wrote: OMG... you're awesome! How do you have all the time to do this?! And I think you're the only one besides me that realizes that some Denjuu are 64x64, and others are 80x80. Is it OK if I put these on my page? I'll give you credit! It always takes me a really long time for every single Denjuu... I use VBA's tile viewer which takes a long time... how are you doing it?
Erm, ever tried the OAM viewer? It's pretty easy from there. But still not that easy for me to get motivated. Garm is awesome.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I once tried that OAM viewer but I could never figure out the purpose of that. I'll try that out now.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Blaziken257 wrote: I once tried that OAM viewer but I could never figure out the purpose of that. I'll try that out now.
Lol, it displays the sprites onscreen! (:
garm(imported)

Post by garm(imported) »

Blaziken257 wrote:Is it OK if I put these on my page?
Sure why not? :)
If you want to use them for the wiki too I don't mind either.

Yeah, I use the OAM viewer. From there it's pretty obvious which are 64x64 and which are 80x80 since the 80x80 sprites wouldn't be in one piece like the 64x64 ones.

On the contrary, I have no idea how to use the tile viewer. xP Everytime I see it it's always a bunch of randomly coloured bits and pieces from stuff onscreen.
Here is a simple screenshot of how to use the OAM viewer if you're interested:
http://i39.tinypic.com/s0y3xy.png
That's about what I know about the VBA. I suck at pretty much anything IT related D:

A bit of the bottom part of Phoebe (Reform 2) is also black, so a bit of guesswork too.
I hate how Imageshack's multiupload likes to conveniently miss out some of the files I've chosen.

Edit:
I'm pausing my work for a while, since I'll be back late tomorrow and I'll be on camp for Wed to Fri. I'll continue when I have the time after I return :)
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

garm wrote: Image

A bit of the bottom part of Phoebe (Reform 2) is also black, so a bit of guesswork too.
You missed some black on the leaf to the right (your right btw) of the front attacking sprite.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

If a sprite has pure black in it, you can always turn off all the layers except for the sprites, then copy and paste the sprite in the game itself.
garm(imported)

Post by garm(imported) »

Sounds like a good suggestion, maybe I'll try it. As for correcting Phoebe...I'm too lazy to do it now (I'm always lazy like that, bah). I'll probably get back to it after camp.

To keep you occupied for now, I ripped a small handful of Dino Device sprites.
I am Centaurus Triman
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I've got a lot of ripped Dino Device sprites at home, I actually managed to figure out a Dino modifier code that made it a lot easier, but I don't have it on hand x_x Can't remember if I figured out a wild modifier though..

Image Image Image