Kimbles needs our help!

Discuss the little known GBA sequel to Telefang here!
Kimbles(imported)

Re: Kimbles needs our help!

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

andwhyisit wrote:You realise that they would cost around $450 in shipping alone?
http://www.post.japanpost.jp/english/fee/intel/ems.html
Going with the assumption that each book is ~1kg, it'd be more like $250, but yeah... :/
Here's what cracked spines look like... (the white lines)
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6493/crackedspines1.jpg

It's not that big of a deal IMO, it tends to look worse on smaller books...XD I can understand wanting to keep it in perfect condition though. *nod* If you crack it too far, the glue can start coming loose, which I found out when I tried scanning the ads for T2 and the pages fell out... -_-; Having them loose makes them about 1000x easier to scan and gives a much better picture though, so I figure I'll try removing the other color pages I'm planning to scan anyway... *shrug* (Since it's already ruined, a few more pages isn't going to hurt.)
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

I saw that lot of Comic Bom Boms a while ago when I was hunting for copies with the T2 manga in. It's a good bargain since the copies usually sell for a 1000 or more yen each. The import shipping sounds a killer though...^^; I don't think it would cost around $500, since it sounds a little inflated even for usual import costs. Kimbles is probably right about it being $250. It's still a lot of money however.

Speaking of Comic Bom Bom's, i'm still waiting for the invoice from my middleman on the ones I ordered a while back with the T2 manga in. One of them has another keychain advert in it, so i'm really looking forward to that one. Plus i'm hoping there will be other ads too. I'm also trying to collect the Granbo and Animastar mangas as well as Telefang 2. The missing copies i'm looking for that I find on Yahoo! Japan auctions are usually beaten up ones...i'm really hoping to find less damaged ones sometime soon xD
Kimbles(imported)

XD That's cool, I kind of want to see the end of Granbo too (since it ends in 2002/09, two issues after T2)... I was thinking of scanning it as well, since it's another magazine-only manga for a monster-collecting game that has no chance of being archived otherwise. XD Feel free to post pictures if you get them. :D
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

There's actually an ad for Granbo in one of the Comic Bom Bom's I already have (May 2002 issue). If I manage to get all the parts, i'll think about scanning it (although it may just have to be photographs since I don't want to break the spines..T_T). I found a site that listed when the different mangas in Comic Bom Bom start and end and I found that Granbo runs from January 2002 to September 2002 (9 parts in total). I also found Bugsite ran from May 2001 to February 2002, while Telefang 2 ran from January 2002 to July 2002 (ending two months before Granbo, just as you said ^^).
Kimbles(imported)

The ja.wikipedia page is also pretty handy for finding dates...*nod* I already have the first 4 chapters of Granbo though, so I could easily start scanning it... Probably want to finish the Smilesoft-related stuff first, though. XD

http://www.mediafire.com/?sfbwo8rw4bkp876
Here's chapter 4 of Bugsite, from August 2001. XD As usual, I left the images as they were scanned, which means the files are huuuuuge. *nod* (The pages it was printed on were pink, so it turned out kind of grey-looking... Sorry 'bout that.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?mw50vn701c54d9b
And here's the "Hacker File", plus the color ad for Bugsite from this issue...XD The Hacker File just has a bit of info for the game, a 2-month calendar/schedule thing, and... some tips on how to browse the internet. *shrug* XD
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

I've got some clearer scans of the Telefang ads in my Comic Bom Bom issue that I posted a while back. I also managed to scan the part of the Telefang 2 manga you're missing too (although my poor Comic Bom Bom had to make a noble sacrifice in order for me to do so ;_;):

Comic Bom Bom Adverts
Telefang Ad 1
Telefang Ad 2

Telefang 2 Manga Pages
Splash page/Title page
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10
Page 11
Page 12
Page 13
Page 14
Page 15
Page 16
Page 17
Page 18
Page 19
Page 20
Page 21
Page 22
Page 23
Page 24
Page 25
Page 26
Page 27
Page 28
Page 29
Page 30
Page 31
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

KenjutheDenjuu wrote:Advert Page 3
Looking at these scans again just now, I realized... that's not a Rex in the commercial. Someone painted a Crypto!

I guess that settles whether Rex is a Crypto expy in the most blunt way possible (not that there was any question in the first place though...)
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Wow, that's unusual xD

I guess they thought no one would notice? I wonder if they reused the same advert too?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Well, there's a couple possibilities... either A) they had a Crypto model from the Telefang 1 commercials made a year and a half ago and didn't bother to make a new one, or B) During the development of T2, Crypto was replaced with Rex while the commercial was in production and they only had time to change the color of him.

Honestly I suspect B, especially because of Fungus's line being in the game. I mean even looking at the indexed Denjuu list, Rex seems like an afterthought - why would you have your starter virtually LAST unless it went through a lot of developmental changes?
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

I'm not sure how index numbers work, but I thought they might have been put at the end for convenience or because they're all special characters such as partner denjuu, rival denjuu, and bosses.