Kimbles needs our help!

Discuss the little known GBA sequel to Telefang here!
Selyte(imported)

Re: Kimbles needs our help!

Post by Selyte(imported) »

Oh god, stickers *w*

But wait, what's the 3D rex in this page? o_o ---> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/862/tele2ad3.jpg/
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

It looks like it might be a tv commercial of some sort? I'm curious to know too. I can't read the article properly to find out, since my knowledge of Japanese isn't good enough to translate it entirely.

The stickers are really neat. You're supposed to attach some of them to your Gameboy and the power antenna as decorations, according to the advert next to the Rex keychain info. 3 of the stickers are missing though, I think the last person used them to decorate their gameboy advance.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

XD Oooh, thanks for posting that! I was curious what happened in missing chapter...XD I had the same problems with scanning it, so I ended up breaking the spines on all my issues...*sigh* Those pictures are clear enough to read though, so that'll hold over nicely until I can find a copy. :D

@Selyte, it seems to be from the tv commercial for the game...XD There aren't any videos of it left on the internet though... There are some pictures of it in the next issue too, along with the Rex keychain. *nod*
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

Is it in the June 2002 issue? I'm guessing it is. I'd love to see that ^^

I actually bought a few more Comic Bom Bom's with the T2 manga in a while ago (although i've forgotten which issues I bought). I'm still waiting for them to be shipped to the middleman service I used though (can't wait to see how much those are going to be to ship...eek >_<)

Thanks for using my scans. I'm only sorry that I couldn't scan them properly. I'd just hate to break the spines of my Comic Bom Bom's since they're really cool comics.

EDIT: I just checked which Bom Bom issues I ordered and the June 2002 issue is one of them. Yay!

EDIT2: I forgot to scan the back of the Telefang stickers before, which has some artwork and information on what to do with the stickers themselves. Here's the page I missed: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/tele2stickerinfo.jpg/
SougonNaTakumi(imported)

Post by SougonNaTakumi(imported) »

It feels a little weird to be consciously looking for commercials, but that Telefang 2 one looked so cool. XD
(I guess the idea of 3D Denjuu just thrills me a little.)

It's really a shame nobody uploaded it.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I've been looking for the T1 commercials for ages, they used to be on Smilesoft's site but Rocket apparently didn't archive them XF I'd considered emailing asking for them but I really doubt anybody over there would have held onto them...
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Auuuugghhh....
Don't know if I should bother posting this, but there's an auction on yahoo japan right now for a set of 15 issues of BomBom for 3000 yen. :/
It goes from 1999/12 to 2001/03 (missing 2000/08), which... isn't any of the issues we're actually looking for, since Bugsite starts in he 2001/05 issue. :/

What it would have is most of the Telefang 1 manga, which ran from 2000/03 to 2001/07... (The last 3 chapters ran alongside Bugsite, in the issues we don't have yet.) I've been thinking this for a while, but Comic BomBom has lots of color art and info for the series it's advertising, so it could be interesting to see the issues that ran T1 as well.... :/ Not worth it though, if you have to buy them individually and there's no way of knowing which of the issues might have something Telefang-related, if any.

So... I dunno. :/ If we ever wanted to get these issues (which I do, personally), this would definitely be the auction to go for... 3000 yen for all of those is crazy cheap no matter how you look at it, plus it would also have a bunch of stuff for Medarot and Bistro Recipe, and a few other series I'm interested in reading... *sigh* I'm reeeally tempted to be interested, but knowing how much these books weigh, it would be at least $200 for the international shipping, and there isn't any way around that. :/ I just dunno, man.

So I'm leaning towards not bothering, but I figured I'd mention it just in case... XD I already have the Telefang 1 manga (and Bistro Recipe and Medarot) in volumes, so we wouldn't need the magazines in order to scan them, but it would be so cool to see what it said about the games, too...*shrug* I'm not asking for any help at all here, but I'm wondering if anyone else here would be interested in seeing them too, and if you think it'd be worthwhile or not... *nod*
kmeisthax

Post by kmeisthax »

If I were in Kenjuthedenjuu's situation I would have broken those spines a long time ago and scanned every page.
Caryh13(imported)

Post by Caryh13(imported) »

ill love to see it but i struggle reading english manga... as well it will be tons harder for me to read japanese one :/
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Caryh13 wrote:ill love to see it but i struggle reading english manga... as well it will be tons harder for me to read japanese one :/
I have no trouble with reading manga in English. Though comic books on the other hand are wierd, all the panelling and page ordering are back-to-front. ;)
Kimbles wrote:Auuuugghhh....
Don't know if I should bother posting this, but there's an auction on yahoo japan right now for a set of 15 issues of BomBom for 3000 yen. :/
It goes from 1999/12 to 2001/03 (missing 2000/08), which... isn't any of the issues we're actually looking for, since Bugsite starts in he 2001/05 issue. :/
You realise that they would cost around $450 in shipping alone? The ads and telefang related stuff are great an' all but a $520 price tag is overkill. o_O;