Kimbles needs our help!

Discuss the little known GBA sequel to Telefang here!
Kimbles(imported)

Re: Kimbles needs our help!

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Yeah, that should cover a lot of it. XD I've bid on the 300 yen ones (1 day left), but the others haven't been relisted yet.

And it looks like a few more have shown up on YJA, which means we could try to get these too:
August 2001... Chapter 4 of Bugsite, plus it comes with an extra booklet(?) or something about the game which is probably crazy hard to find. :O Cool!
December 2001... (Another one) with chapter 8, but this one is cheaper and comes with some extra stuff as well (nothing Bugsite/Telefang related though).

I figured that the issues were supposed to come with extras (it mentions them on the covers), but none of the ones we've bought so far actually came with them... So that's pretty cool. XD Sadly this seller doesn't have any other issues that we need, though they have a few that we already bought so we can see what we missed out on... For example November 2001 which apparently came with Medarot TCG stuff and a Bugsite pencil board. Argh! D:
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

The front of the Bugsite booklet says 'Hacker File'. I wonder if it's a guide to the game, since Hackers are the name of the bug 'trainers'? It looks like it could also be a character book, maybe?

I never knew that there were free gifts that came with the Comic Bom Boms. I always assumed it was just the comic itself. It's pretty neat though. I wonder if there were any Telefang promotions?

EDIT: I searched through one of my Comic Bom Bom's and found some Telefang 2 stickers in the May 2002 release. I also found a full color page for the Telefang 2 manga in there too. It makes me want to collect the rest of the T2 manga now x3
Kimbles(imported)

Well, they came in the mail today. :D We have 3 more chapters of Bugsite and 2 more of Telefang 2!

Pics:
Spoiler!

Total so far:
Yeah!! :D
Now we're only missing the first 3 chapters of Bugsite (May-July 2001) and one chapter of T2 (May 2002). XD
(@KenjutheDenjuu, do you mean you actually have a copy of it....? o_O)

It came to about $220 CAD with the shipping, so yeah, thanks again Andwhy. ._.; I might not be able to get scans of them for a while, but I'll do my best~ XD
Diamond(imported)

Post by Diamond(imported) »

Whoa they are huge !
How many pages do they have ?
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Awesome! Great to hear you're getting progress on collecting all the Comic Bombom's with the T2/Bugsite mangas.

Yes, I do have the May 2002 edition of Comic Bombom ^^ It has some shiny Telefang stickers that come with it (although because it's a used copy a couple are missing). It also has a color title page for the Telefang 2 manga, as I mentioned before. I don't know if the other parts of the Telefang 2 manga have color pages though (although i'm guessing they do. I'd love to see them).

Diamond, the Comic Bom Bom's have about 800 plus pages in them and are around 2 and a half inches thick. They're really cool, usually they talk about different promotions for Japanese games and anime and such (quite a large part of them are color adverts). The comics come out monthly and there's usually a whole ton of manga in each one, and they often have different series that run through a lot of issues (which is why Kimbles has to collect them). Some of them also include free gifts for various promotions, like the Telefang 2 stickers in the copy I have. They're rather expensive to import though, largely due to size and weight and import/middleman fees plus the Japanese price which can be 1000 or more yen depending on who you buy from.
Kimbles(imported)

Ha, that's cool. XD I'm hoping to get a copy that still has the stickers intact, but I haven't seen one for sale yet... As for other color pages, I think it only got one on the first chapter (I'd have to double check though). XD Just curious though, do you have any other issues? I'd love to see more of them, but I sincerely doubt I could afford getting any besides these...XD *sigh*

Anyway, since I don't have a scanner set up at the moment I figured I'd get some pictures of the other stuff in the magazine, since I find it pretty interesting. XD Warning, lots of cruddy pictures incoming:
Spoiler!
(From 2001/08)
Medarot OCG cards... (It's actually a different card game from the one used in the GB game.) XD

Devil Children card game...XD Pretty cool monsters.

Blurry Bugsite info! XD There's nothing really new here, sadly... (I'll scan it eventually though, don't worry.) :D

(from 2001/09)
Blurry Robopon 2. XD This is another monster-collecting-type series except with robots, and it was actually released in english too. XD (In the manga version the girls are always drawn with absurdly large breasts though, it's seriously kind of disturbing.)

Medarot Navi and SD Gundam stuff.

Digimon! XD It occurs to me this might be the same stuff I saw people posting back when the show was still airing...XD Oh god that was so long ago... *sigh*

The Medarot Navi manga. ;D

SD Gundam Mushamaru-den, looking pretty cool. XD It's amazing how little it has to do with any real Gundam series.

Random Nintendo game ads...XD (Including Cubivore? Seriously?!)

Medarot 4 manga...XD The story is completely different from the games and anime, but it's still pretty interesting. *nod*

(From 2001/12)
More Medarot Navi, and a booklet thing about Bugsite. XD It's attached to the spine, but the outside pages are connected so that you have to cut it to read the inside. *nod* I'll probably look at it when I get to scanning the rest... I like the picture though. XD

Goemon the mystical ninja. XD I swear this is one of the cooler-looking series in the magazine. *sigh* It's by the same author as Bistro recipe. XD

Another SD Gundam series, Eiyuu-den. XD This page made me lol.

A manga for a card game called Miracle of the Zone (MOZ). The manga's called "King of Summoners Rex II". XD It strikes me a Yugioh ripoff, except for the fact that not very much card battling seems to be going on... He certainly has the hair for it, though. XD

Aaaaand that's all for now. XD Aside from that there's a lot of ads for various video games, card games, and toys... Mostly monster-collecting games and Gundam stuff. *nod* XD
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

One thing I love about the Comic Bom Bom's is that the adverts are so colorful, there's always so much going on in them. I recognise Devil Children and MOZ (I love the art of King Griffon and King Cerberus, plus the card art in general is gorgeous *_*). MOZ is related to an old SNES game called Daikaijuu Monogatari I believe? There's a card game and two gameboy games based on the cards, one for the original gameboy and one for gameboy color. The girls in Robopon 2 also disturbed me a little as well when I first saw them... oh Japan :/ Also, I spy spaghetti monsters in Gundam Eiyuuden xD

Unfortunately, I don't have any more copies of Comic Bom Bom with the Telefang mangas in. The only other copy I have is one from 1999, although i'm not sure which month it is. It has Cyborg Kuro-chan on the front.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Kimbles wrote:Now we're only missing the first 3 chapters of Bugsite (May-July 2001) and one chapter of T2 (May 2002). XD
Yep. Well have the full set in no time! :D
Demonlemon(imported)

Post by Demonlemon(imported) »

Awesome stuff, oh if you want to see more of those medabots cards they have some over here http://medabots.anime-paradijs.com/ruilkaarten/booster-pack.php
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

I had a look through my 2002 May issue of Comic Bom Bom last night and found some interesting Telefang adverts. I also decided to take some photos!
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to scan the Telefang manga because my Comic Bom Bom is so thick that it wouldn't open wide enough without breaking the spine....which is unfortunate >_< Also, my scanner doesn't scan anything without blurring unless it's completely flat..so I sort of had a dilemma xD
I did manage to take photos of the manga though, since I didn't want to not do something for the forum. I don't think they'll be good enough for scans since some of the lighting is dark and the spine covers part of the text in the manga, but at least you'll get to see it. I hope it will make up for not being able to scan it properly ^^'

Here's the manga (and sorry for the bad lighting in some of these pics):
Manga Page 1
Manga Page 2
Manga Page 3
Manga Page 4
Manga Page 5
Manga Page 6
Manga Page 7
Manga Page 8
Manga Page 9
Manga Page 10
Manga Page 11
Manga Page 12
Manga Page 13
Manga Page 14
Manga Page 15
Manga Page 16

Here are the adverts:
Advert 1
Advert Page 2
Advert Page 3

But wait! What's that in the first advert!?... It's the T2 promotional Rex and logo keychains!

Also, here's the Itoyokado promotional Comic Bom Bom issue for Telefang 2!

And last but not least, here's the T2 stickers that came with my Comic Bom Bom. So shiny! *_*