Kimbles needs our help!

Discuss the little known GBA sequel to Telefang here!
RacieB

Re: Kimbles needs our help!

Post by RacieB »

I actually did start an attempt at translating the T1 manga but as Kimbles can tell you, my translations leave much to be desired =s If I was provided with a script though I could easily do the image-editing bits.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

XD Hahahahaa!!

That is too much freaking manga! XD *happy*

I've just been reading through the first issue (which doesn't contain T2), but I did get a picture of an ad that shows the manga's main character. *nod*

I'll take better pictures later. XD But yeah. I'm loving some of the other series in here. XD Fun times. ^^

We covered the rest of the shipping cost, so thanks again everyone for your help. ^^ You guys are awesome.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

That is massive! Can't wait to see the scans. :D

It can be scanned right? :unsure:

Also which issues are left to finish off T2 and Bugsite?
Kimbles(imported)

They don't open as far as the other books, so I will try to scan them but it will definitely murder the spines. ): I think I'll read them first...

For Bugsite, we still need May-December 2001, and for T2 we need May-July 2002. XD That's... way too many....*sigh*
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Kimbles wrote:For Bugsite, we still need May-December 2001, and for T2 we need May-July 2002. XD That's... way too many....*sigh*
That's 4/15 so far. We'll get there one day, or we will both go broke trying.

What are the names of the various manga found in there?

I wouldn't mind buying the next ones though. You have waaay too much stuff to scan as it is. (11 more chapters of T1, 2 chapters of Bugsite, 3 chapters of T2)
M3FTW(imported)

Post by M3FTW(imported) »

When you said phonebook, I was thinking... something like the phone books near me. Which obviously are pitifully small compared to your phone books. o.o That is so weird... and yet... so cool... Wish we had manga books that large here in America. I can't get over the pretty colors... heh. Looks like they're in AMAZING shape, which is really good. Wish I could somehow give back for the TF1 manga scans and these when they can come out. Sadly, I really don't think I can help you guys with any of the translating projects. Ah well, looking forward to seeing these scans! And thanks a whole heck of a lot all you people who paid for all of us to be able to see this manga that we probably wouldn't have EVER seen. Can't wait!!!

And curious, how are those magazines organized? Like, is it monthly, quarterly, somethingelse-ly? That's one heck of a size to be monthly... Gosh, I'd hate to be the mailman who had to deliver THOSE.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

M3FTW wrote: And curious, how are those magazines organized? Like, is it monthly, quarterly, somethingelse-ly? That's one heck of a size to be monthly... Gosh, I'd hate to be the mailman who had to deliver THOSE.
They are released monthly.
M3FTW(imported)

Post by M3FTW(imported) »

andwhyisit wrote: They are released monthly.
Dang... that's... mad. I am speechless at how amazing that is. Going off of what andwhyisit asked previously, about what manga appear in it, is there a general number of how many appear each month? I'd have to say at least 17 from what I can tell from the photos. Wish we had this kind of publication in America. And I don't mean a monthly manga book, I mean something to that size. I still can't get over how huge they are. XD
Kimbles(imported)

XD Yeah... There are 23 series in, with each issue around 840 pages... >__> The closest we have here is Shonen Jump USA, which struggles to keep even 8 series going, compared to Weekly Jump's... 22? D: It's about 1/3 the size of Comic Bom Bom, and still monthly... *sigh*

As for Bom Bom, I've been skimming through and reading what I can, it's pretty neat. XD The manga is all monochrome but parts of each issue are printed on pink or green paper, or with purple ink (like here)... Kind of annoying. D: There are a lot of colour ads though, for games/toys/cards/etc... XD

Their biggest series at the time seems to be "Crush Gear Turbo", which is about people battling with hardcore toy cars. D: There were toys made for it I guess, so there's a lot of stuff in the magazine about buying/modifying/battling your own, with names like "Shooting Mirage" and "Raging Bull". It's on the cover of all 4 issues. XD

I started a series list earlier but got dismayed trying to translate them... >_>; *tries again*
Kimbles(imported)

Okay! XD
In issue 1 (January), in order of appearance:

激闘!クラッシュギアT - Gekitou! Crush Gear Turbo ("Fight! Crush Gear Turbo") (Pic)
SD頑駄無 武者○伝 - SD Gundam Mushamaru-den ("SD Gundam Mushamaru Legend") (Pic)
武っちゃ ムチャ○伝 - Muccha Muchamaru-den (Ridiculous Muchamaru Legend", 4-komas) (Pic)
SDガンダムフルカラー劇場 - SD Gundam Full-Color Gekijou ("SD Gundam Full-Color Theatre", 4-komas) (Pic)
特上へろへろくん - Tokujou Herohero-kun (Special Herohero-kun) (Pic)
ど〜んとドラゴン・キッドくん - Doonto Dragon Kid-kun ("Booming Dragon Kid-kun") (Pic)
ゴエモン 新世代襲名! - Goemon Shin Sedai Shuumei! ("Goemon New Age Succession") (Pic)
ニセモン - Nisemon ("Fakemon", 4-komas) (Pic)
電光石火ニトロ - Denkousekka Nitro ("Lightning-speed Nitro")
ハダカ侍 - Hadakazamurai ("Naked Samurai", ends in issue 2) (Pic)
グランボ - Granbo (Starts in issue 1)
真・女神転生デビルチルドレン - Shin Megami Tensei Devil Children (Pic)
ゴーゴー五つ子ら・ん・ど - Go! Go! Itsutsugo Land ("Go! Go! Quintuplet Land")
メダロット5 - Medarot 5 (Pic)
仰天人間バトシーラー - Gyouten Ningen Batoshiiraa ("Shocked Man Batseelor" ?) (Pic)
閃光シュート!モロキューくん - Senkou Shoot! Morokyuu-kun ("Flash Shoot! Morokyuu-kun", starts in issue 1) (Pic)
スーパードッグ ブレンダーブロス - Super Dog Blender Bros.
SDガンダム英雄伝 - SD Gundam Eiyuu-den ("SD Gundam Hero Legend") (Pic)
幻想世界英雄烈伝 フェアプレイズ - Genzou Sekai Eiyuu Retsuden Fair Plays ("Fantasy World Hero Story Fair Plays") (Pic)
ドカポンQ モンスターハンター - Dokapon Q Monster Hunter (4-komas, ends in issue 1)
ロボットポンコッツ2 - Robot Ponkottsu 2 (a.k.a. Robopon 2) (Pic)
モバイルレーサー 疾走れ、流星!! - Mobile Racer Hashire, Ryuusei!! ("Mobile Racer Run, Ryuusei!")
ネットワーク冒険記 バグサイト - Network Boukenki Bugsite ("Network Adventure Bugsite". Ends in issue 2.)

New in issue 2...
カードファイトVマスター - Card Fight V-Master (Pic)
携帯電獣テレファング2 - Keitai Denjuu Telefang 2

Issue 3...
ウッディケーン - Woody Ken (Pic)
ムゲンボーグ - Mugenborg (Pic)

Issue 4...
モンスターズ・インク - Monsters, Inc.

The ones without pictures were never released in volumes, looks like. XD And I don't think any of these have ever been scanslated... Some are really crappy though. >_>
...Also, I ask that you try to picture Mike from Monsters Inc in anime style. D: ... yeah. *shudder*