Hm... An idea of sorts.

Post things about the Telefang series, and aren't about a particular Telefang game here.
Aural C. Edgewynd(imported)

Re: Hm... An idea of sorts.

Post by Aural C. Edgewynd(imported) »

Well, yeah. I was thinking about how the storylines worked, and I thought of a few ideas of my own. If you've ever played Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom, you've already got a taste of what the idea is. Not the SRPG stuff, but the idea of getting locked into a game. Enough about this, though, I should get to my point:

===========
Telefang 3:

In this game, the electric monster's world is now an internet game. By going inside of a "A.R.T.I.S.T.", short for "Alternate Reality Transporter and Internet Server Tracker." Using an "A.R.T.I.S.T.", one is able to send his mind into the electric monster's world (think Code Lyoko). It is supposed to be a child's game, but anyone of all ages can play. The Tracker part of the A.R.T.I.S.T. is used when your monsters die inside the game. It immediatly sends you back to the real world while your "game world" body is deleted. It takes around a day to recover your data.

Now the protagonists in this game would be two people, a boy and a girl. I picked a few names out - the boy would be Tobias as default, and the girl, Alexa. Obviously, you will be able to name them. Since you can only choose one story to play through, you'll miss out on a few monsters, like Kuribute is only in Power, and Fangs in Speed.

The opening to the game would consist of your character and two friends going into an arcade and talking to the robot that controls the server that you usually play on. You text your cellphone's Player Card to the robot, and it allows you access. After a few seconds, your friends do the same, and you three step into the "A.R.T.I.S.T."es. You are then taken to the game's tutorial, which when completed gives you the monster you used as your starter monster. The game shows a quick slideshow of you and your friends making your way through the server.

When the show ends, you three text the robot once again and give it the command to bring you back to reality. As you are logging out, the command to bring you back is suddenly dropped, and you try to text the robot again. You are finally brought back. You thank the robot, and leave the arcade. The screen fades.

The next day...

You're back at the arcade. You keep thinking about your log-out problem, and in doing so, your friends are far ahead, already putting in their Cards. the robot accepts them, and they get into the "A.R.T.I.S.T."es. You realize you're late, and you rush to join them. As you text your Card to the robot, the robot does not respond for a few seconds. Finally, the robot processes the Card, and you're in.

As you warp into the server, the robot texts you with the message that your Player Card had a virus, and the virus spead to your friends' Cards. The robot tries to log you out, but the command is dropped every time. The virus starts to spead through the robot and the robot issues a command which splits the three of you up into different servers. Your job is to figure out how this happened, why it did, and where your friends are...

==========

Thats all I have so far, tell me what you guys think.
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

Interesting concept...........

But I think that there should be a Telefang 3 (Not until everything is completely settled. This game and the sequel was ignored enough by many). There should be a Pokemon style revamp of the past two games, then a Pokemon Stadium-style 3-D game.
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

Oh, and talking about Pokemon revamps, I've been (secretly) making a Pokemon remake of the Telefang storyline, but then I got stuck and moved on to other things. :o
Kid Sonic(imported)

Milnivri wrote: Oh, and talking about Pokemon revamps, I've been (secretly) making a Pokemon remake of the Telefang storyline, but then I got stuck and moved on to other things. :o
Let me please.........no offense to you. I've already started with the new Dex. This dex won't be featuring these following Denjuu:

Kamereido
Hiougi (and following)
Mirutsusu (and following)
Doria-ma
Kuriputoa-mu
Burenika
Girua-su
A-maru
Kuriputoraido
Puni-doru
Keroran
Sugurai
Gaiurusu
Andio-n
Dimure-su
Waita
Arani-da
Kuriogera
Reige
Toge-ruka
Godorukuma
Abirasu
Dimuga-su
Baionpu
Waruta
Gantsuatoru
Arakuida
Baddohorou
Zudo-n
Bi-ba-mu (and following)
Torikera-ma
Fanbu-suto
Supia-ni-doru
Fanmashin
Puni-suto
Okutagan
Andiransu
Dimuganon
Saio-pe
Kettsuakinga
Baikingu-rin
Storm, Tempest, or Calm (two of three I haven't decided yet)
Rusukasu
Jea
Andipawa-
Dimujairasu
Kanono-pe
Andigo-go
Dimubaron

Why, because of their evo's and the fact that the limit is three stages.

In short, there will be an elimination of 59 Denju and a total of 115 (Plus the Diamond and Jade box monsters, and a very well-known Pokemon guest)

wrote:Storm, Tempest, or Calm (two of three I haven't decided yet)
Keep the Rodansa line intact, please?? I love Rodansa and his evos. Besides, it could be like Ralts's evolutionary line, what with all the possible evolutions.

Think of it:
/> Storm (Gallade)
Rodansa (Ralts) -> Gust (Kirlia) -
\> Calm (I think?) (Gardevoir)

I have no idea where Tempest fits... >_>
Kid Sonic(imported)

Aural C. Edgewynd wrote:
wrote:Storm, Tempest, or Calm (two of three I haven't decided yet)
Keep the Rodansa line intact, please?? I love Rodansa and his evos. Besides, it could be like Ralts's evolutionary line, what with all the possible evolutions.

Think of it:
/> Storm (Gallade)
Rodansa (Ralts) -> Gust (Kirlia) -
\> Calm (I think?) (Gardevoir)

I have no idea where Tempest fits... >_>
It would hepl better if I had some official pics. I singled most of these out base on their apperances.

As for the whole Rodansa thing, I was going for Gastly.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Sorry but the Denjuu world is as real as the human world in telefang.

What you are describing could work as a bugsite sequel (a.k.a Bugsite 2).

Andwhyisit, I know that, my above story was only an idea.

And I've never heard of Bugsite... I'll check it out.

As for the Rodansa line... take it out, if you must, but please, at least keep the jester-like Storm as a non-evolving monster?
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Yeah, I have to agree with andwhyisit. XD Bugsite is the series with the virtual reality world already in place, and maybe even Dino Device since it's already just a videogame within the setting of the game you play... Both of them are much more suited to a VR-centric sequel than Telefang, where the Denjuu world has always been real and physical. *nod*
I think it's a pretty good idea, but for Telefang it would be more like a spinoff than a real sequel... With solid ideas like that, why not make original monsters for the game and make it your own creation? D: I think that one of the coolest things about the Smilesoft games is that they are different takes on the genre that Pokemon usually dominates, and it's great seeing the different gameplay and creatures they come up with. XD Perhaps that's just me, though...

Anyway, as for the Pokemon-style remakes, I'm kind of lost... Unless you're keeping the setting and locations and flow of the game exactly the same, why exactly do you need to have each Denjuu line match up to a Pokemon line? They all have unique roles between the games, so unless you're only changing the names and sprites there's no reason to have Rhodanthe be like anything. There's no need to have something cover Ghastly's niche unless you're keeping a ghost tower, right? Unless that's exactly what you're planning on doing, in which case it would be more of a Pokemon re-skin than a remake of anything...:/ I think it's fine to use Pokemon as a base to create a new Telefang game, but for it to be worthwhile the focus would really have to be on Telefang...*shrug*
Kid Sonic(imported)

Kimbles wrote: Yeah, I have to agree with andwhyisit. XD Bugsite is the series with the virtual reality world already in place, and maybe even Dino Device since it's already just a videogame within the setting of the game you play... Both of them are much more suited to a VR-centric sequel than Telefang, where the Denjuu world has always been real and physical. *nod*
I think it's a pretty good idea, but for Telefang it would be more like a spinoff than a real sequel... With solid ideas like that, why not make original monsters for the game and make it your own creation? D: I think that one of the coolest things about the Smilesoft games is that they are different takes on the genre that Pokemon usually dominates, and it's great seeing the different gameplay and creatures they come up with. XD Perhaps that's just me, though...

Anyway, as for the Pokemon-style remakes, I'm kind of lost... Unless you're keeping the setting and locations and flow of the game exactly the same, why exactly do you need to have each Denjuu line match up to a Pokemon line? They all have unique roles between the games, so unless you're only changing the names and sprites there's no reason to have Rhodanthe be like anything. There's no need to have something cover Ghastly's niche unless you're keeping a ghost tower, right? Unless that's exactly what you're planning on doing, in which case it would be more of a Pokemon re-skin than a remake of anything...:/ I think it's fine to use Pokemon as a base to create a new Telefang game, but for it to be worthwhile the focus would really have to be on Telefang...*shrug*
What I plan to change:
-The Dex
-The evolution lines
-The element types to those from pokemon. Ex. Tsunonasu - Rock/Grass
-You can play as either Shigeki or Miyo
-Tsunonasu, Oshe, and Kokia will three-set starters
-Noriutsugi, Keshi, and Barkub will be "fodder" denju
-Kanzo, Orunisogarumu, and Ganteiana as three-set legendaries
-There will be 7 Gym Leader-like T-Fangers
-Gypsophi and Yarrow will no longer be bosses.
-The map will be bigger
-Fly and Surf will be featured
-There will be checkpoint stations instead of game overs
-The box monsters will be added as box legendaries
-Angios and Gymnos will possibly have prevo
-Ryugu and Bashou will be runner legendaries
-Sanarba will have Domesday and not Ganteiana
-There will be actual item that do more than just raise exp or evolve denju.
-Musa will be the final legendary(Rayquaza, Giratina, etc.)
-Teletel and Dendel will be special legendaries (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, etc.)
-Pikachu will make a super secret guest appearance and be obtainable
-The sprites will be custom DP-style from scratch (Can anyone do it?) (I'm just revamping the old ones)
-There will be a Safari Zone and Battle Tower

Power Exclusives:
Krypto
Angios
Netaro
Ixora
Nigera
Gamuru
Tsurubakia
Gypsophi
Diamond box monster
Ryugu