Spreading the word about Telefang

Post things about the Telefang series, and aren't about a particular Telefang game here.
Zephyr(imported)

Re: Spreading the word about Telefang

Post by Zephyr(imported) »

Telefang is so joyous and wonderful and awesome, more people ought to know about it. But the sad truth is they don't. So, my fellow Telefans, what do YOU do to raise awareness about it? Do you draw the Denjuu and challenge your peers to guess what the heck they are? Do you talk hyperactively about it with your friends until THEY can't stop thinking about it?

What are your ideas as to how we can raise awareness of Telefang?
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Hmmm... I don't really know. Nobody has heard of it, so I were to go up to some random person on the street and say "Well, have you played Telefang?" they'd be thinking I'm the weirdest person ever. Even if I were to say "Have you played Pokémon Diamond for the GBC?" about 99% of people would think I'm crazy.

One thing I've been doing, though... is making videos of the two games. Hehe. A few more people know that Telefang exists from my videos...
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

Heh, I've been telling my friends in school about it, but they don't wanna play it. Lol.

Happy chinese new year to the chinese!
Typhlosion(imported)

Post by Typhlosion(imported) »

I've been playing the music from it for people. Everyone I know loves the Telefang soundtrack.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Yeah, funny thing is, I've played a few songs from this game (and the sequel) to other people who have never heard of the series before, and they're always like "The music is great, where is it from?"

Which reminds me... maybe I should rip songs from both games. Though, it might be illegal to distribute them. And yes, I know RacieB's site already has all songs from the original, but that was recorded with the original VBA, which has some serious sound problems (and Telefang is one of the most affected games sound-wise with the original VBA). I have a better version of VBA which sounds very much like a real Game Boy.
Typhlosion(imported)

I haven't heard the soundtrack from a real GBC. Is it really that different?
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Well, I can't really say, as I don't have the actual cartridge of Telefang, but I can take an educated guess that it does. After all, I've tried a bunch of ROMs on both the inferior sounding VBA and the superior one, and with every game I've tried that I own legitimately (I tried all DKL games and WL3 to name a few examples), the latter version sounds more like a real Game Boy.

With the original VBA (the version that most people have), the bass is very hard to hear, and the muffling noises that are just supposed to supplement a song are way too loud (this is true for the emulator as a whole). And the "ching" noises are nasty buzzing noises (doesn't affect Telefang at all, but play Wario Land 3 and it'll drive you crazy). Even though all games sound worse on this version, some are affected more than others, and Telefang is one of the most affected I've seen (besides DKL3 and WL3). With the one I normally use now, it really feels like you're playing on a real Game Boy.

And uh... here's the link to the better sounding VBA. It was linked off of Wikipedia some time ago.

http://burrrn.net/vba/visualboyadvance-1.8.0-k54.zip

Just note that save states in other versions of VBA in GB/GBC games are incompatible with this version. Which means you'll have to start all over again...
Typhlosion(imported)

I'll give it a shot, since the sound check is available from the very start.

Edit: Well, I listened to the soundtrack some on the new emulator. Most of the differences are rather subtle, but the Palm Sea music sounds very different since 1.8.0k54 actually plays the bass melody at an audible volume.
LiamBrady(imported)

Post by LiamBrady(imported) »

I told all my friends and I even drew a fan manga of Telefang and sent it to a cartoon contest.
I won, and I got an email from two people who say they love the Telefang game thanks to me ;D
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

LiamBrady wrote: I told all my friends and I even drew a fan manga of Telefang and sent it to a cartoon contest.
I won, and I got an email from two people who say they love the Telefang game thanks to me ;D
Can I see it, please... :)