Things I need from this forum

Post things about the Telefang series, and aren't about a particular Telefang game here.
Kid Sonic(imported)

Re: Things I need from this forum

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

This has gone one long enough! I've been calm, and i've been cool, but no more! I realize you guys are too lazy for certain things. But i've been doing everything.........EVERYTHING with the huge Telefang 1 map, some of the missing Denjuu overworld sprites that no one is bothering to finish, and the Wikifang pages. And you are doing what,.............some translation patch!? I'm sick of doing! Especially when so many people in my life are getting in the way! I am NOT in a good mood today! And I want to get everything i'm working on done!

Now listen up! I need:

-Official artwork pics of EVERY LAST DENJU for Telefang 1 & 2
-Every last Telefang 2 Denju sprites (including overworlds)
-All outside maps from Telefang 1 completed during the day time
-All overworld Denjuu sprites (Papaver, Viburnum, Bouvardei, Genteiana, Maolan, Gonumu, Teletel, Bashou, Dendel, Kiringiku, Gipusophi, Golaking, Yarou, Domesday, Tulbaghia, Dipsacus)
-Some more effort on Telefang's part on Wiki!!!!!

I reallly don't like coming down hard on you guys............
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Kid Sonic wrote: -Every last Telefang 2 Denju sprites
I already said I would do this. Be patient, I have a life too you know. <_<
Kid Sonic(imported)

andwhyisit wrote:
Kid Sonic wrote: -Every last Telefang 2 Denju sprites
I already said I would do this. Be patient, I have a life too you know. <_<
Maybe so, but there are other members here who aren't doing anything.

I'm just tired of doing everything by myself. And too many people in my life get in my way of things.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Just so you know, everything we do (as well as you) is completely voluntary. Nobody HAS to do anything. Also, we have been doing plenty of things that you do not seem to acknowledge. For example, without any of us, this forum wouldn't be here. And, look at the work we HAVE done here. For starters, look at the wiki and notice how much work we've done with only a few people. We have quite a bit of articles, some of which are long and took many hours to do.

For example, the list of Denjuu took a really long time to put in all the Denjuu, with all the types, evolution stages (which Kimbles helped out on, more on that later), uploading the walking sprites, identifying which version each Denjuu appears in, etc. That took a really long time to put altogether.

Then the images. We all spent lots of time uploading images for various things, like screenshots, maps (if you haven't already noticed, there is already a map for Toronko Village, a map for Kurinon Village, a map for Iris, a map for Toronko Village Water Station, not to mention I also ripped a Palm Sea and a Kurinon Village Cave map, which I haven't uploaded yet, but I posted it elsewhere on this board), icons, Denjuu (all the T1 Denjuu are already up, and that took a long time, no doubt), T-Fangers, and not to mention all the stuff for the OTHER games. Yet you claim you do everything yourself -- this isn't the case.

Then there's translating everything. Kimbles spends lots of time translating everything. First she bought the games, and she had to wait for many weeks for them to come. Then, she translated many of the Denjuu, lots of the moves, the items, a few picture book entries, an entire intro, and I may have missed some. That certainly didn't take a minute or two -- it takes her days to do it all.

Then there's other things... andwhyisit and Milnivri help a lot too in numerous ways -- Milnivri created the Wiki in the first place, and andwhyisit designed the banners on both the top and bottom. I could mention many other things that they did too.

Yet you say we're lazy for spending hours a day contributing to the site and wiki. We have done lots to help contribute, and you expect all the Telefang 2 sprites (as well as all the Telefang 1 walking sprites and maps) ripped. That's fine, but you keep rushing us and expect us to somehow do it all in a day or so. Sorry, ripping every sprite -- and keep in mind, there are four for every Denjuu in Telefang 2, and 200 Denjuu total -- takes a lot longer than one day. And no, bumping the topic a day later won't help it -- it's just annoying. We have lives outside of the Internet and don't devote all our time to Telefang related stuff -- when we do it, it's because we all enjoy it, not because we're forced to do it all. Just like how the reason you (like everybody else) came here because you wanted to, not because anybody's forcing you to come here.

I don't see how any of us are getting in your way of things. It's not like the things we've done here make it any harder for you to get the things you want than if we didn't do anything at all. We haven't done anything to make things worse for you. In fact, if we weren't here, you wouldn't have a forum (unless you made one) to post in, a Wiki to contribute to, or much else Telefang related stuff, for that matter. So, please respect that, and don't take things for granted.

Also, about the patch -- why does it matter to you that we're making it? Again, if you don't like it fine -- but don't detract us from working on it. Again, it's not like it's harming you in any way. If you want to make your own patch with your own Denjuu, fine -- don't interfere with our translation patch from doing it. The patch is solely meant to translate the game, and nothing more. It's not like a game can only ever have one patch anyway. Hell, look at this giant list of hacks for Super Mario Bros.: http://www.zophar.net/hacks/nes/super-mario-bros-1.html

By the way, this goes for lots of other sites on the Internet. Lots of people contribute things for other people just because they like to, not because they're forced to. Because of that, nobody can force them to do whatever in an instant. It doesn't work like that.

Finally: I noticed that in your sig, you offer to give people links to ROMs through PM. Please remove this, you cannot provide ROMs or ask for them.
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

Ok on the part of the wiki...

You know, there's more to a wiki than just articles. Articles consist of templates (of which are extremely hard to do), images (of which are very troublesome to rename and upload), categories, help pages, guideline pages, and more. Most importantly, there needs to be planning involved. And currently only four/five people are actively editing, leaving lots of stuff to be done within just this small group of people. Blaziken has already mentioned this I think.

Then because of my poor planning skills, we have to keep changing back and forth between things. Like say, after I already uploaded 100 T1 sprites, a new naming system is up, and then I have to reupload all 174 plus delete those hundred. And it takes very long to upload just a little bit, since normal users can only upload one image at a time (admin can upload five, sorry). Then after we find out something new, or we come out with a new system of sorts, lots of stuff needs to be done. And editing a wiki isn't as easy as you think.

Not just me. The rest of the people also have worked hard for the wiki. Take say the templates. Even though I've been working mostly on them, I can see that Blaziken also tries hard to improve them, and Kimbles, even though not that good, also tried hard to make a template (the T1 move template).

And then there's planning. We've been planning for a whole lot of future articles and stuff. And even though the article count is going at a staggering pace, it's mostly because Kimbles and Dekafu are busy with translation, while Blaziken and andwhyisit have the patch to do. For me, I'm working on this thing (won't reveal yet... aiyah).

We all have our own lives to live, and most of us are still at school, which gives us another load to carry. And on top of that, as Blaziken has covered mostly on, we all cannot be behind you doing whatever you want us to do all the time. Yeah.

Then if you keep asking us to do these stuff, why can't you do them yourself? If you think it's hard, how would you know that it's not hard for us too? If you say you don't know how, why can't you learn too? We also had to learn these right? And the official pics. How are we going to get them? There's some on the Telefang website, but that's all we can find. And the guides don't have every single official pic, then how is it going to be possible?

You may think we're lecturing you. You may think we really hate you. But then if you just think. Just think.

Guess that's it.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Spare time? What's that? :lol:

With the map, artwork recolours, T2 sprites, and work on the hack to do I think I should stop at that until I have time for something else.
Kid Sonic(imported)

Blaziken257 wrote: Just so you know, everything we do (as well as you) is completely voluntary. Nobody HAS to do anything. Also, we have been doing plenty of things that you do not seem to acknowledge. For example, without any of us, this forum wouldn't be here. And, look at the work we HAVE done here. For starters, look at the wiki and notice how much work we've done with only a few people. We have quite a bit of articles, some of which are long and took many hours to do.

For example, the list of Denjuu took a really long time to put in all the Denjuu, with all the types, evolution stages (which Kimbles helped out on, more on that later), uploading the walking sprites, identifying which version each Denjuu appears in, etc. That took a really long time to put altogether.

Then the images. We all spent lots of time uploading images for various things, like screenshots, maps (if you haven't already noticed, there is already a map for Toronko Village, a map for Kurinon Village, a map for Iris, a map for Toronko Village Water Station, not to mention I also ripped a Palm Sea and a Kurinon Village Cave map, which I haven't uploaded yet, but I posted it elsewhere on this board), icons, Denjuu (all the T1 Denjuu are already up, and that took a long time, no doubt), T-Fangers, and not to mention all the stuff for the OTHER games. Yet you claim you do everything yourself -- this isn't the case.

Then there's translating everything. Kimbles spends lots of time translating everything. First she bought the games, and she had to wait for many weeks for them to come. Then, she translated many of the Denjuu, lots of the moves, the items, a few picture book entries, an entire intro, and I may have missed some. That certainly didn't take a minute or two -- it takes her days to do it all.

Then there's other things... andwhyisit and Milnivri help a lot too in numerous ways -- Milnivri created the Wiki in the first place, and andwhyisit designed the banners on both the top and bottom. I could mention many other things that they did too.

Yet you say we're lazy for spending hours a day contributing to the site and wiki. We have done lots to help contribute, and you expect all the Telefang 2 sprites (as well as all the Telefang 1 walking sprites and maps) ripped. That's fine, but you keep rushing us and expect us to somehow do it all in a day or so. Sorry, ripping every sprite -- and keep in mind, there are four for every Denjuu in Telefang 2, and 200 Denjuu total -- takes a lot longer than one day. And no, bumping the topic a day later won't help it -- it's just annoying. We have lives outside of the Internet and don't devote all our time to Telefang related stuff -- when we do it, it's because we all enjoy it, not because we're forced to do it all. Just like how the reason you (like everybody else) came here because you wanted to, not because anybody's forcing you to come here.

I don't see how any of us are getting in your way of things. It's not like the things we've done here make it any harder for you to get the things you want than if we didn't do anything at all. We haven't done anything to make things worse for you. In fact, if we weren't here, you wouldn't have a forum (unless you made one) to post in, a Wiki to contribute to, or much else Telefang related stuff, for that matter. So, please respect that, and don't take things for granted.

Also, about the patch -- why does it matter to you that we're making it? Again, if you don't like it fine -- but don't detract us from working on it. Again, it's not like it's harming you in any way. If you want to make your own patch with your own Denjuu, fine -- don't interfere with our translation patch from doing it. The patch is solely meant to translate the game, and nothing more. It's not like a game can only ever have one patch anyway. Hell, look at this giant list of hacks for Super Mario Bros.: http://www.zophar.net/hacks/nes/super-mario-bros-1.html

By the way, this goes for lots of other sites on the Internet. Lots of people contribute things for other people just because they like to, not because they're forced to. Because of that, nobody can force them to do whatever in an instant. It doesn't work like that.

Finally: I noticed that in your sig, you offer to give people links to ROMs through PM. Please remove this, you cannot provide ROMs or ask for them.
andwhyisit has been asking for Roms.

I'm sorry i'm such a burden to everyone on this forum.

And it's not you guys who are getting in the way. I rather spend time with you guys. But it's my family who irritate the living **** out of me. I try to get everything done ASAP. Just look at what happened to Sonic X-Treme, they dumped it because it took an adnormal amount of time. I dumped plenty of ideas because I lost interest.

I'm currently working on,

-A huge sprite map
-My Telefang 1 dex
-A dex for Telefang 2 (So I can start my version)
-And revamped Telefang 1 sprites

I'm just trying to get things done. And you could at least give mesome gratitude for everything i've done for this forum and Wikifang, instead of lecturing me. I'm not the problem villain here.

And if I can't give roms, then how does anything get done then, huh?

Will everyone just mellow out..........When I made this thread, I was really miffed
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Kid Sonic wrote:andwhyisit has been asking for Roms.
There is a difference between "roms" and "gameshark codes". <_<
Kid Sonic wrote:And if I can't give roms, then how does anything get done then, huh?
Heard of google?

The problem with roms is that from a legal standpoint commercial roms are illegal unless you have dumped them yourself (from a cart you own). Either way with the rule of most forums being that you cannot post illegal content you will find that they all will have the posting or requesting of roms as being against the rules.
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

wrote:A huge sprite map
That's what it takes lots of time to do. And since you're interested in doing that, why not rip each map yourself?
wrote:My Telefang 1 dex
Your dex? You mean with the three extra monsters?
wrote:A dex for Telefang 2 (So I can start my version)
Perhaps the player guides have them. Ask Kimbles nicely, and probably she'll scan it for you.
wrote:I'm sorry i'm such a burden to everyone on this forum.
You're not. You're just taking things a little too extreme, perhaps.
Kid Sonic(imported)

Milnivri wrote:
wrote:A huge sprite map
That's what it takes lots of time to do. And since you're interested in doing that, why not rip each map yourself?
wrote:My Telefang 1 dex
Your dex? You mean with the three extra monsters?
wrote:A dex for Telefang 2 (So I can start my version)
Perhaps the player guides have them. Ask Kimbles nicely, and probably she'll scan it for you.
wrote:I'm sorry i'm such a burden to everyone on this forum.
You're not. You're just taking things a little too extreme, perhaps.
1. The map was where I drew the line, plus some one said that they where done, I think......
2. For my dex, i'm just missing those overworlds I mentioned
3. I just need the sprites
4. I have plenty of other things that I need to get done, plus other non-Telefang projects. But thanks anyway.
Kid Sonic wrote:andwhyisit has been asking for Roms.
There is a difference between "roms" and "gameshark codes". <_<
Kid Sonic wrote:And if I can't give roms, then how does anything get done then, huh?
Heard of google?

The problem with roms is that from a legal standpoint commercial roms are illegal unless you have dumped them yourself (from a cart you own). Either way with the rule of most forums being that you cannot post illegal content you will find that they all will have the posting or requesting of roms as being against the rules.

Is that even possible? BTW, I own the bootleg(which probably doesn't work), and not only that, I beat and it deleted itself, and it's lying around somewhere in my room.