Things I need from this forum

Post things about the Telefang series, and aren't about a particular Telefang game here.
DeKaFu

Re: Things I need from this forum

Post by DeKaFu »

Kid Sonic wrote:Is that even possible? BTW, I own the bootleg(which probably doesn't work), and not only that, I beat and it deleted itself, and it's lying around somewhere in my room.
I can't speak 100% for the whole forum, but I think the choice to ban ROMs isn't really ours to make. This forum is hosted on invisionfree, and part of their terms of use is that you can't post illegal material. Even if we don't agree, breaking those rules means that the board might be disabled or taken down. :(

I used to go to a messageboard a long time ago where everyone posted lots of free (pirated) MP3s, and the board owner got a notice saying they had to stop or the whole forum would be taken down. They had to change to rules so nobody could post music.

You don't want that to happen to Tulunk, do you?
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

DeKaFu wrote:
Kid Sonic wrote:Is that even possible? BTW, I own the bootleg(which probably doesn't work), and not only that, I beat and it deleted itself, and it's lying around somewhere in my room.
I can't speak 100% for the whole forum, but I think the choice to ban ROMs isn't really ours to make. This forum is hosted on invisionfree, and part of their terms of use is that you can't post illegal material. Even if we don't agree, breaking those rules means that the board might be disabled or taken down. :(

I used to go to a messageboard a long time ago where everyone posted lots of free (pirated) MP3s, and the board owner got a notice saying they had to stop or the whole forum would be taken down. They had to change to rules so nobody could post music.

You don't want that to happen to Tulunk, do you?
But i'm not posting roms...... And pm's are private. How do they find out through a person's sig.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Kid Sonic wrote: But i'm not posting roms...... And pm's are private. How do they find out through a person's sig.
It is more a matter of you offering roms in your sig. You can PM roms all you want and not worry but the sig is quite public, that's all.
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

I think admins might be able to see the PMs sent, but that depends on whether he or she will want to pursue the matter. And the IPB people would be even more likely to be able to see those PMs. So to be on the safe side, either don't give ROMs through PMs or find another way of transmission.
Kid Sonic(imported)

Milnivri wrote: I think admins might be able to see the PMs sent, but that depends on whether he or she will want to pursue the matter. And the IPB people would be even more likely to be able to see those PMs. So to be on the safe side, either don't give ROMs through PMs or find another way of transmission.
Any suggestions?

(To be truthful, I don't want this place to shut down either.......)
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Kid Sonic wrote:
Milnivri wrote: I think admins might be able to see the PMs sent, but that depends on whether he or she will want to pursue the matter. And the IPB people would be even more likely to be able to see those PMs. So to be on the safe side, either don't give ROMs through PMs or find another way of transmission.
Any suggestions?

Don't worry, it is not like they are hard to find. Not that I would know this... :rolleyes:
Kid Sonic(imported)

andwhyisit wrote:
Kid Sonic wrote:
Any suggestions?

Don't worry, it is not like they are hard to find. Not that I would know this... :rolleyes:
Can links to other sites be provided?
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

No.

Honestly, we don't need roms. It's sad, but the people who know enough about the game to join this forum should already have the rom or know where to get it. The only other way you'd find out about the game is to live somewhere that sells it legitimately (japan), and if that's the case they really don't need it. Even then, it's just a simple google search away. -_- There's no need or reason for you to be offering, distributing, or even hinting at where to get them, through post, sig, PM, email, or any other method.

It's not our choice that roms be forbidden here, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't respect it. So cut it out. :/
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

You'll find that any site (except for those few that don't care, which are uncommon) don't post ROMs or let people post them. Here are a couple of examples:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/tou_anno.html (read the Illegal Activity section)
http://www.gamespot.com/misc/tos.html (see above)

This is even true for sites heavily focused on emulation-related things. Here are examples of those:

http://tasvideos.org/ (look at the bottom)
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/...49.html#msg4549 (see rule #8)
http://www.zophar.net/legal.html

I think I proved my point. If those sites don't distribute ROMs, why should this one?

Also, DeKaFu is right: InvisionFree doesn't even let you do it, so if ROMs were allowed to be distributed, then this forum would be shut down (and in fact, I have seen another InvisionFree board a while ago for letting their users link to ROMs).

http://invisionfree.com/index.php?p=tou (see rule 3.1)

And I asked you to remove the last line in your sig, so please remove it.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Kimbles wrote:Honestly, we don't need roms. It's sad, but the people who know enough about the game to join this forum should already have the rom or know where to get it. The only other way you'd find out about the game is to live somewhere that sells it legitimately (japan), and if that's the case they really don't need it. Even then, it's just a simple google search away. -_-
But I am hoping to get the cart and a device for dumping roms from a cart. Then I can legally own it. :D