Telefang trailer movie I made

Post things about the Telefang series, and aren't about a particular Telefang game here.
Kid Sonic(imported)

Re: Telefang trailer movie I made

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

It's right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1QkKB6MgtM

Hate me all you want, but any hate towards me, diminishes your way of life.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

A bit of constructive criticism:

Legendary Overload: Instead of focusing mainly on legendaries you should focus on game features, else people will assume that the game is only about legendaries.
Confusion: You need to deliver the concept as if the audience has no idea what telefang or pokemon is.
Text Issues: Your text needs to be easy to read and not obstructive.
Kid Sonic wrote:Hate me all you want, but any hate towards me, diminishes your way of life.
Seriously, don't even start.
Kid Sonic(imported)

andwhyisit wrote: A bit of constructive criticism:

Legendary Overload: Instead of focusing mainly on legendaries you should focus on game features, else people will assume that the game is only about legendaries.
Confusion: You need to deliver the concept as if the audience has no idea what telefang or pokemon is.
Text Issues: Your text needs to be easy to read and not obstructive.
Kid Sonic wrote:Hate me all you want, but any hate towards me, diminishes your way of life.
Seriously, don't even start.
1. Whoever doesn't know what Pokemon is, has no business watching this game trailer.
2. Not ever trailer goes and explains what the game is to newcomers.
3. You must have poor vision to not be able to read that. I made sure it was readable.
4. What's done is done, and so is this debate.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Mmm, it was an alright trailer, but I agree that it focuses too much on legendaries. D: I'm always more interested in the normal monsters, the ones you'll actually see for most of the game....*shrug* ...Though I'm curious, how are event legendaries going to work here? XD

Really, I do hope you make and finish this game, because I think the idea of a Telefang fan game in any form is pretty neat. XD You've said before that you weren't going to make it a pokemon hack, so how do you plan to make it? :O *genuinely interested*
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Kid Sonic wrote: Whoever doesn't know what Pokemon is, has no business watching this game trailer.
Actually I was thinking more along the lines of people not knowing what Telefang is.
Kimbles wrote:Really, I do hope you make and finish this game, because I think the idea of a Telefang fan game in any form is pretty neat. XD You've said before that you weren't going to make it a pokemon hack, so how do you plan to make it? :o *genuinely interested*
Hacking Pokemon:
Well I still think that hacking Pokemon is your best bet, there is plenty of support for hacking Pokemon and you may get some assembly knowledge into ya one day and learn some advanced stuff, or even use that to learn c++.

Hacking Telefang:
Our knowledge of how to hack Telefang is still too limited to create a full hack.

Programming:
If you want it done in something less than 5 years then I would recommend getting a team together after learning enough programming skills for the job. Plus other skills such as spriting, mapping and music creation are things that you will normally require help with, that is why most good games are built by teams. Though if you were going down this road then you should try learning a programming language first in order to get a taste for it before you set anything in stone.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Well OK so yeah.
The only complain I have is the usage of the bootleg box monsters, anyways it seems interesting.
Ad Andwhy: What about the RPG maker? It would be easier to program the D-shot in there.

Oh, and move to fanart please?
Kid Sonic(imported)

This isn't some little hack solution. When I said I was going to make this into a real game, I meant it. I'm NOT playing around here with you guys. I'm 100% serious(why else would I include that bumper), and i'm going to pull it off, despite whatever it is you guys have to say. Nothing said further.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Eerm no-one said that you're not going to pull it off. We were just exploring the possibilities. Anyways, go for it! (:
garm(imported)

Post by garm(imported) »

The Obama at the beginning of the trailer was distracting and irrelevant. I mean, Obama's awesome, but it's still irrelevant.
When the logo's showing, the text is really difficult to read (it is possible to read it, but in a trailer you'll want maximum clarity of words as well as pics).
Besides, in a trailer, you shouldn't reveal every single legendary, only those mascots/important to the main plot. You want some secrets ^_~
And sometimes trailers focus more on gameplay than plot points/monsters, but since your game isn't near done yet I'll skip that.

(Oh and I suck at making vids if you ask)

Most projects I've seen like this (not Telefang though) usually end up halfway dropped or lost interest by the creators in a year or less, unless there's a really dedicated team doing it.
Just saying. I'm not saying you're not going to pull it off.
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

garm wrote: Most projects I've seen like this (not Telefang though) usually end up halfway dropped or lost interest by the creators in a year or less, unless there's a really dedicated team doing it.
Just saying. I'm not saying you're not going to pull it off.
Lol! I'm an example of that! XD I gave up my Pokemon hack of Telefang after 2 weeks... maybe I'll go back sometime lol.