Telefang trailer movie I made

Post things about the Telefang series, and aren't about a particular Telefang game here.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Re: Telefang trailer movie I made

Post by andwhyisit »

C++? Some flavour of basic? Or is it with a prebuilt engine such as Gamemaker, RPG Maker, or MMF?

Though I would recommend that you ask for help at pokecommunity once you have a decent game engine working. There is a game creation community over there that would most likely be happy to help you.
Kid Sonic(imported)

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

garm wrote: The Obama at the beginning of the trailer was distracting and irrelevant. I mean, Obama's awesome, but it's still irrelevant.
When the logo's showing, the text is really difficult to read (it is possible to read it, but in a trailer you'll want maximum clarity of words as well as pics).
Besides, in a trailer, you shouldn't reveal every single legendary, only those mascots/important to the main plot. You want some secrets ^_~
And sometimes trailers focus more on gameplay than plot points/monsters, but since your game isn't near done yet I'll skip that.

(Oh and I suck at making vids if you ask)

Most projects I've seen like this (not Telefang though) usually end up halfway dropped or lost interest by the creators in a year or less, unless there's a really dedicated team doing it.
Just saying. I'm not saying you're not going to pull it off.
That was a bumper. Looks like I'll have to explain that:

It's time for things to change. We have been in the era of suckage for a long time now(since 2000) (the attitude and bias of forums are part of it). And since Obama is now president, it's now time for some changes. If he can make a differance so can I. And this idea is an essential component towards my big version in the future. It's more than just Pokemon Telefang i'm aiming for.
garm(imported)

Post by garm(imported) »

Uh, I don't understand really but good luck with what you're doing. ._.
Btw, how exactly is this forum 'biased'? It's not like there's a Pokemon vs Telefang war going on here.
jonic the hedgehog(imported)

Post by jonic the hedgehog(imported) »

its odd but still it would be okay if game freak and smilesoft could work together to make this so called production
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Smilesoft doesn't even exist! Rocket Company holds all of it's copyrights, but that's about all. Rocket Company's not going to do anything.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

1. Where do I get Obama's number?

2. You could have asked me before you used my art.
Kid Sonic(imported)

RacieB wrote: 1. Where do I get Obama's number?

2. You could have asked me before you used my art.
1. Don't get so defensive. It's not like I claimed it as my own.
2. You act as if you don't want your artwork to have anything to do with my movie. That's pretty selfish.
3. Why would you need Obama's number.
4. What do you have against my movie?
garm(imported)

Post by garm(imported) »

Still, it's common courtesy to ask someone for permission before you use their art for anything, not just your movie. Because it's their art, not yours after all.
If not, you could at the very least give credit to her.
Kid Sonic(imported)

garm wrote: Still, it's common courtesy to ask someone for permission before you use their art for anything, not just your movie. Because it's their art, not yours after all.
If not, you could at the very least give credit to her.
I understand that. I'm not some horrible person to do something like that.

Neverless, I gave her credit.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Kid Sonic wrote:1. Don't get so defensive. It's not like I claimed it as my own.
2. You act as if you don't want your artwork to have anything to do with my movie. That's pretty selfish.
3. Why would you need Obama's number.
4. What do you have against my movie?
1. Putting my art anywhere witout asking is a documented peeve of mine, I'm not aggressive over it unless I find the use particularly egregious but it definitely grinds my gears every time!

2. It is selfish of me to decide how I would like my art to be used, thank you. I should realize that putting it on my personal website makes it open source.

3. He probably has a better nature than Ornithogalum and Kanzou and I'm tired of them whining that I don't call enough and asking if I've ever cheated on exams, of course I have and they already know that.

4. I thought my hysterical rantings in the past over the assotiation between Pokémon and Telefang and its overall detrimental effect on the latter were annoying enough to be memorable, but I suppose not.

5. PLACE: my Gmail inbox
TIME: 8/26/08
RE Telefang Art Submission: Sorry, but Pokecharms doesn't like it when people edit their trainer cards. As it says on the site, "We ask you not to modify this card or remove the credit in it, as the materials on this program are submitted by members of the Pokecharms community ONLY for use on the TC Maker and by using their stuff without credit, it's a slap in the face to their effort - not to mention my own in providing this program."

6. hold on I need to let the cat outside he won't stop meowing and I don't want him to poop on the carpet again

7. nevermind, it's snowing outside, can't let the little dude freeze

8. What in the world how did this list get doubled? I am NOT good with computers.