Telefang character similarities

Post things about the Telefang series, and aren't about a particular Telefang game here.
Kid Sonic(imported)

Re: Telefang character similarities

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

I've noticed how the main characters in Telefang can be compared to some of the Pokemon characters.

Shigeki - Ash Ketchum
Matsukiyo - Tracey/Max
Miyo - Misty
Kai - Paul/Shinji
Warata - Pikachu
Musa - Prof. Oak/Rayquaza
Tabasuko & Nerikara - Jessie & James
Sanaeba - Giovanni
Dr. Craft - Blaine
Nejiro & Netaro - Zangoose and Seviper
Diablos - Darkrai

andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Kid Sonic wrote: Nejiro & Netaro - Zangoose and Seviper
You are kidding right? Nejiro was protecting his brother. No Zangoose vs Seviper rivalry there. Unless you think Nejiro is a snake? :blink:
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I always thought that Warata looked more like Mareep. What other sheep can shoot out electricity?

And I thought that Diablos looked like Latios, even though Diablos came first...
Kid Sonic(imported)

andwhyisit wrote:
You are kidding right? Nejiro was protecting his brother. No Zangoose vs Seviper rivalry there. Unless you think Nejiro is a snake? :blink:
No, I thought he hated Nejiro. Musa did say he was making trouble. I mean Netaro automatically joins you, but you have to fight Nejiro
Kid Sonic(imported)

Blaziken257 wrote: I always thought that Warata looked more like Mareep. What other sheep can shoot out electricity?

And I thought that Diablos looked like Latios, even though Diablos came first...
Fine, Warata is Mareep. But he has been overated as the "pet" in some of the Telefang media. But I guess Krypto fills that spot.

And Diablos is the most evil denjuu out there as to the same with Darkrai

---Sorry for the double post.....
StellarWind(imported)

Post by StellarWind(imported) »

Similarities? Hardly.

Ash is a little dense but has a kind heart. Shigeki is a jackass who is obsessed with baseball and has all the patience of an angry Bull on steroids. Kai, in his own halfbaked way, thinks he's doing the right thing. Sanaeba being mildly mind-controlled by an angry thing with MOUTHES built into its KNEES, and Diablos is what happens when a Latios mates with Gradients.

Nevermind that Darkrai isn't EVIL. He just has no control over his own abilities.

Those aren't even coincidences, Cyclopean Hedgehog-Child. Telefang and PokéMon only have ONE thing in common - they're both monster-collecting RPGs. The sooner your sort of people accepts that, the better. >>;
Kid Sonic(imported)

StellarWind wrote: Similarities? Hardly.

Ash is a little dense but has a kind heart. Shigeki is a jackass who is obsessed with baseball and has all the patience of an angry Bull on steroids. Kai, in his own halfbaked way, thinks he's doing the right thing. Sanaeba being mildly mind-controlled by an angry thing with MOUTHES built into its KNEES, and Diablos is what happens when a Latios mates with Gradients.

Nevermind that Darkrai isn't EVIL. He just has no control over his own abilities.

Those aren't even coincidences, Cyclopean Hedgehog-Child. Telefang and PokéMon only have ONE thing in common - they're both monster-collecting RPGs. The sooner your sort of people accepts that, the better. >>;
1. Darkrai is evil. He's suppose to be. Look at PMD: EOT/EOD
2. Get off of our case. We have every right to believe that is. Why change that? it's supposed to be a good thing.
3. I really wish you people would stop coming down hard on anyone who tries to put Pokemon and Telefang together. It's not cool.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Kid Sonic wrote:
andwhyisit wrote:
No, I thought he hated Nejiro. Musa did say he was making trouble. I mean Netaro automatically joins you, but you have to fight Nejiro
They are brothers. Nejiro is a troublemaker and a bit confused, but still, they are brothers.
StellarWind(imported)

Post by StellarWind(imported) »

Mystery Dungeon = Spinoff, Not even made by Gamefreak, and sure as frell not canon. The canon PokeMon games (especially Platinum giving it an official confirmation) and even the movie (or have you not watched Movie 10? Tsk, tsk, tsk...) state that Darkrai is not evil, not SUPPOSED to be evil, and frankly, there is no such thing as an inherently Evil PokeMon.

And frankly, Telefang and PokeMon do NOT belong together, never have, and never will. In fact, the association with PokeMon only hurt Telefang's reputation as a series, and we'd rather that this subject wasn't drilled to death.
Kid Sonic(imported)

StellarWind wrote: Mystery Dungeon = Spinoff, Not even made by Gamefreak, and sure as frell not canon. The canon PokeMon games (especially Platinum giving it an official confirmation) and even the movie (or have you not watched Movie 10? Tsk, tsk, tsk...) state that Darkrai is not evil, not SUPPOSED to be evil, and frankly, there is no such thing as an inherently Evil PokeMon.

And frankly, Telefang and PokeMon do NOT belong together, never have, and never will. In fact, the association with PokeMon only hurt Telefang's reputation as a series, and we'd rather that this subject wasn't drilled to death.
Whatever, McBias.......

I'm not going to get in an argument about how we need a truly evil antagonist that isn't reduced to fodder(like the Team Rocket Trio) and how you site references from the anime movies, which is too kodomo-oriented. So just back off.

And if someone DOES change or happen, what are you going to do about it.