Song Similarity in Sinnoh

Post things about the Telefang series, and aren't about a particular Telefang game here.
Kid Sonic(imported)

Re: Song Similarity in Sinnoh

Post by Kid Sonic(imported) »

Okay, I understand that Pokemon isn't well loved on this board, but if I can have you undivided attention, I would like to present this:

Telefang 1 Overworld Theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ab_HMFVvcE

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Route 225 Midday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsB8etSqZBw

If you lower the Pokemon song down 2 pitches, they song almost exactly the same.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Uh... I'm pretty sure nearly everybody here is a Pokémon fan. What's not well-loved is the hideous reception Telefang got by being branded a Pokémon ripoff.
Mr. Bek(imported)

Post by Mr. Bek(imported) »

RacieB wrote:Uh... I'm pretty sure nearly everybody here is a Pokémon fan. What's not well-loved is the hideous reception Telefang got by being branded a Pokémon ripoff.
I think you're missing the point, RacieB. The main thing the Kid sonic is trying to say is that these two songs are very similar. He just didn't want to be berated.

Either way, I agree that both these songs sound alike. i believe that it would make for a good mashup. Don't you think so, Kid Sonic?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

...seriously? You had to post with a sock puppet just to have somebody agree with you? You're definitely the one missing the point, here.
Mr. Bek(imported)

RacieB wrote:...seriously? You had to post with a sock puppet just to have somebody agree with you? You're definitely the one missing the point, here.
I honestly have no idea of what you're talking about. I'm just agreeing with Kid Sonic out of my own free will. I haven't been on this forum long enough. But from what I can tell, you don't seem interested in discussing this topic.

Please don't compare me with Kid Sonic.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Sure is denial in here. Kid Sonic, you can stop pretending; you're not doing a very good job not being obvious.

Regardless! ...The similarity seems like kind of a stretch, and I would have failed to notice it otherwise.

And I'm pretty sure Pokémon is well-loved on this board, considering the admin is named after a Pokémon and us having a whole section for Pokémon. Sorry, no bonus!
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Cut this out, seriously. It is obvious that you are Kid Sonic, because your IP is the same as Kid Sonic's. So, that alone is proof that you're the same person. (And even though one of your posts has a different IP, when I looked it up, it was in the same location and had the same ISP, too.) Plus, your comments like "Don't you think so, Kid Sonic?" simply show that you need a sockpuppet just to give people the illusion someone agrees with you. Don't insult our intelligence by denying it.

You were banned a couple of years ago due to harassing us nonstop, and apparently due to a glitch when converting to ZetaBoards, you were somehow unbanned, which went unnoticed until now. And having the attitude of "Okay, I understand that Pokemon isn't well loved on this board" in the first post after coming back shows that you haven't really changed at all. You still don't really understand that Pokémon and Telefang are two separate series made by different companies (judging from finding very loose, unintended similarities between the two series), and every time we point that out, you take it as us not liking Pokémon. I think Sanky explained why that thinking is false, so I don't need to repeat myself.

Keep this nonsense up, and you will be banned again, this time for good.
Mr. Bek(imported)

Blaziken257 wrote:Cut this out, seriously. It is obvious that you are Kid Sonic, because your IP is the same as Kid Sonic's. So, that alone is proof that you're the same person. (And even though one of your posts has a different IP, when I looked it up, it was in the same location and had the same ISP, too.) Plus, your comments like "Don't you think so, Kid Sonic?" simply show that you need a sockpuppet just to give people the illusion someone agrees with you. Don't insult our intelligence by denying it.

You were banned a couple of years ago due to harassing us nonstop, and apparently due to a glitch when converting to ZetaBoards, you were somehow unbanned, which went unnoticed until now. And having the attitude of "Okay, I understand that Pokemon isn't well loved on this board" in the first post after coming back shows that you haven't really changed at all. You still don't really understand that Pokémon and Telefang are two separate series made by different companies (judging from finding very loose, unintended similarities between the two series), and every time we point that out, you take it as us not liking Pokémon. I think Sanky explained why that thinking is false, so I don't need to repeat myself.

Keep this nonsense up, and you will be banned again, this time for good.
Why don't you stop getting on my case. I have no ill will towards any of you. I never once said the they were the same thing. A ll I said is that I agree the the two songs were the same. But if you wish to gang up on me like this, I guess there's no poit in staying in a place where I'm not wanted. So stop getting on my case.

Whether or not I am Kid Sonic, here is a big feast for thought:

You people think you're so big that you can just deny the privilege for people to contribute different ideas and insights to Telefang. The level of self-absorbency in this Telefang community between this forum and Wikifang is just plain ridiculous! People come with different ideas to support Telefang or contribute the the Wikifang page, and you pedestal dukes reject/derail them and say that "It has to be cleared up with the group". What's makes you people think you have full creative ownership over Telefang anyway. Just because you picked it up, doesn't make it yours. And you know what else? Outside your little community, you people have no power whatsoever. You have no legal copyrights to Keitai Denjuu Telefang at all. In fact, any company can just buy the rights to this franchise, and do far more than this underground community could ever possibly dish out. It could even happen 10-20 years from now. And all of your hard work in various tasks such as translating a simple ROM will be all for naught. I just have but one rhetorical for this group. When Telefang is finally bought and the series is redesigned for the purpose of the copyright holders. What will you people do then? What will each and everyone of you people who have ever worked on Wikifang or have ever contributed to Tulunk Village do then with the remainder of your lives?

Well you had better think it over considerably and possibly reconsider your actual worth, because not a single one of you can ever hope to hold a candle to the power and influence of business and ambitious idealism. When those two elements join into one, an incredible new force emerges to promote a new age for the benefit of human society and pop culture, leaving the simplicity of freelance fandom into the dust of obscurity.

In short: Get off your high-horses.
DeKaFu

Post by DeKaFu »

wrote:What will you people do then?
Buy it? I don't think anyone here would complain about being able to play this stuff in proper English without having to work our butts off for it.
wrote:self-absorbency
This is my new favourite word for today.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

wrote:Why don't you stop getting on my case. I have no ill will towards any of you. I never once said the they were the same thing. A ll I said is that I agree the the two songs were the same. But if you wish to gang up on me like this, I guess there's no poit in staying in a place where I'm not wanted. So stop getting on my case.
You are Kid Sonic, so any attempt to reply to this point is void.
wrote:You people think you're so big that you can just deny the privilege for people to contribute different ideas and insights to Telefang. The level of self-absorbency in this Telefang community between this forum and Wikifang is just plain ridiculous! People come with different ideas to support Telefang or contribute the the Wikifang page, and you pedestal dukes reject/derail them and say that "It has to be cleared up with the group".
Show me the "people" we have "rejected", then we'll talk. We're not denying anybody's privilege to contribute, everybody is free to work on whatever they want..?
wrote:What's makes you people think you have full creative ownership over Telefang anyway. Just because you picked it up, doesn't make it yours.
Nobody has claimed anything like that.
wrote:And you know what else? Outside your little community, you people have no power whatsoever. You have no legal copyrights to Keitai Denjuu Telefang at all.
Point. Neither do you. We're all on the same ground here.
wrote:In fact, any company can just buy the rights to this franchise, and do far more than this underground community could ever possibly dish out. It could even happen 10-20 years from now. And all of your hard work in various tasks such as translating a simple ROM will be all for naught.
What is your point? Do you want us to halt the translation or something? We're working on it because it's fun and people appreciate what we're doing. Even if the right are bought, the Gameboy original will go untranslated anyway.
wrote:I just have but one rhetorical for this group. When Telefang is finally bought and the series is redesigned for the purpose of the copyright holders. What will you people do then?
We'll talk about it, of course. And document what happens new on Wikifang. What else could we do? I don't get your point.
wrote:What will each and everyone of you people who have ever worked on Wikifang or have ever contributed to Tulunk Village do then with the remainder of your lives?
i'll kill myself because all I ever do is work on telefang ;_; also maybe go all YAY something is happening to telefang!! oh and we'll close down tulunk village ;_;
(that is a joke, we have a life outside of Telefang, so it seriously would not cause the reminder of our lives to collapse.)
wrote:think it over considerably, reconsider your actual worth, you can't hold a candle, influence, business, ambitious idealism, elements join into one, incredible forces, new ages being promoted, human society benefits, pop cultures, simplicity, freelanceness of fandoms, dust of obscurity
Where can I buy your dictionary?
wrote:you pedestal dukes
This is my new favorite insult.

P.S. Before you go on another rant, could you please answer my questions? (Except for the dictionary one. That was a joke.)