Comic BomBom scans!

Post things about the Telefang series, and aren't about a particular Telefang game here.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Re: Comic BomBom scans!

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

I guessed that they were probably using him for publicity since he'd worked on a popular game series. I didn't know that the president of Smilesoft had also worked on Medarot. I'm not really aware of Medarot related stuff, so I had no clue xD

I'm glad you liked the Medarot and Mikazuchi pages, there were quite a lot. I believe there's a page with concept art for Medarot Navi somewhere in the 2001 May issue. I'm always happy to scan things for people, especially if it's something that they really want to see. I'm glad it made you happy ^^

I was actually thinking of getting the January and February issues from 2000 since they might have had early stuff from Telefang, even before the manga started. You're also right about the issues i'm missing. Unfortunately i'm not sure which issues the scans in my posts that you linked to came from. I actually took out all the pages for easier scanning but forgot to categorise them by the issues they came from. I'm very sorry, I hope it's not caused too much of a problem ^^;

Did you find the first part of Bugsite as well? I hope that the scans aren't too wonky. My scanner cuts off the edges of pictures if you don't position them right because it's so small. It took me a few tries to get them just right. I apologise if a bit of the edges is cut off in a few of them. It wouldn't fit the double pages together on the screen sometimes.

Also, you might be happy to hear I managed to get a hold of a Crypto antenna figure just yesterday, so i'll post some pictures once it arrives. I'll see if I can take a picture of it when the antenna flashes. Can't wait to see the glow x3

EDIT: Just while i'm thinking about it, the proxy I used to get the Comic Bom Bom's is going to be closed until about March because they're moving office. If i'm going to get the early 2000 issues i'll have to use a different proxy, so it may take a different amount of time to get them.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Omg how'd you get the figure?! I'd love to get hold of some of those D:
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

It was on Yahoo JP auctions recently. There no bids for it surprisingly, so I got in there and grabbed it xD It's in a plastic packet with a card. Here's the auction: http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r86255044
Shadow420(imported)

Post by Shadow420(imported) »

Ahhh, why didn't I post here sooner D:

All of these scans are fantastic, thank you so much! It's pretty awesome to see all the Denjuu in colour and it's made me want to draw more than a few of them~ And all the beta stuff I'm really interested in too! Some of the sprite colours are so strange!

I also believe I see something about the personalities (is that what they're called? not sure XD) in one of those. *ish curious*
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Thanks Shadow, i'm glad you're enjoying them!

Another issue arrived just today, so i've been busy scanning. I acquired the issue from 2000 February, the one before the Telefang manga started, and there's some interesting things again. There's a different design for the D-Shot peripheral, a possible beta design of the Telefang logo and also a small b/w manga by Kino Kozue. There's also a game screenshot that shows a different battle interface as well. Unfortunately I didn't manage to get the 2000 6 (June) issue we needed since I was outbid, oh well >_<

Here's everything!

2000 2 (February) Issue
=================
Telefang: http://postimage.org/gallery/lwcwyq0/11b3d63c/
Animastar: http://postimage.org/gallery/l29mc42/d865b6ef/
Bistro Recipe: http://postimage.org/gallery/fgipkn0/1a99d149/
Medarot: http://postimage.org/gallery/5te1lno/c64dbaad/
Other adverts: http://postimage.org/gallery/7vgnrbc/5ddb4544/

Enjoy!

EDIT: I've used a new host for my images this time, since Imageshack won't let you host without registering for some reason now. Luckily I managed to find a place that's much better and without adverts too! If you want to enlarge the images to full size just click on the pictures twice. The first click only shows it at half-size. Thanks!
TimeWalker(imported)

Post by TimeWalker(imported) »

Well, these screens look really interesting. Seems like they're from an very early version of Telefang 1. Green Oshe, golden Crypto, different battle and stats interface, etc.
Thanks for scaning these pages. ^^
Demonlemon(imported)

Post by Demonlemon(imported) »

<33333333

the second bistro recipe page has official art of one of the 2 recipes I couldnt figure out, now that I can decipher its name maybe I can figure out its recipe :D

Edit: にくジャガ = Nikujaga = Meat potatoes
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Photobucket is one of the better alternatives to imageshack. Compare the huge number of broken imageshack image links on the net to those much rarer occurrences with photobucket to get an idea. Why people still use imageshack to this day is beyond me.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

@demonlemon
Glad it helped you Demonlemon! Nikujaga seems to be unlocked by a password according to the first page. The page says it's a 'rare foodon'. There's passwords for some of the other foodons on the same page.

@Andwhyisit
I''m sorry if you've had a negative experience with Imageshack, but I used Imageshack because I liked them and you could upload into galleries for free, which is handy for a big amount of scans. I've never had any trouble with them before and they've always been reliable enough. Now that they're asking for registration, I decided to go elsewhere, since I never usually sign up for things if there's somewhere you can upload for free. The image host i'm currently using is much better than both Photobucket or Imageshack because there's no registration or ads and it works exactly the same way with gallery uploads and such. It also lets the images be shown at full size, unlike the galleries on Imageshack, plus there's no wading through ads to get to the full size screen. Unfortunately, I would never sign up for Photobucket, since they've become associated with Facebook and don't let you upload for free now. I don't agree that Photobucket is a better alternative since other sites have always worked just fine for me. But that's just me I guess ^^
Fangblade90(imported)

Post by Fangblade90(imported) »

I've never seen a game boy color in silver before, unless they got the pokemon exclusive and changed the outer screen. Funny how the cartridge has an antenna sticking out of it, I guess it was before they designed the antenna light for telefang 1. :P