Comic BomBom scans!

Post things about the Telefang series, and aren't about a particular Telefang game here.
RacieB

Re: Comic BomBom scans!

Post by RacieB »

I kinda really like it coming out of the cart, though I can see why they changed it. It looks fragile :c and was probably annoying trying to get into one of the typical GB/GBC cases.
Demonlemon(imported)

Post by Demonlemon(imported) »

Hooray, I have him!
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

^Glad to hear you got him, demonlemon!

They might have changed the antenna for portability issues as well, because it is quite long. It looks a lot like radio antenna or the antennas you find on cars.

EDIT: My Crypto antenna figure is on the way and I also managed to get a hold of a Telefang booklet we don't have scans for yet. It should arrive in a couple of weeks, so stay tuned!
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Here's a booklet that came with the 2000 12 December issue of Comic Bom Bom. It appears to be a general checklist for things in the game: http://postimage.org/gallery/v8xpyf6/40254a6d/
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Very interesting. What's with the chart with Lirimonarch evolving into "?" Also I notice that every time I've ever seen Uniarmor's art, it's missing the highlights and shading on its horn/spikes, I guess it was a mistake in the original file then. I also really like having bigger art for more Denjuu, I just really wish they weren't so cheap on ink in those sections like they were in the players guide XF
shay-shay

Post by shay-shay »

@RacieB

Well said.
SougonNaTakumi(imported)

Post by SougonNaTakumi(imported) »

I find it super-annoying that Imageshack wants you to register now to even see the fullsizes... but I didn't have to, thanks to one dudeguy0101 out there! I love you, dudeguy. XD
Spoiler!
  • I find it interesting that they were going to just call Musa "Elder" at first, and Fungus and Angios the highly awkward alternatives Fangius and Telegius. (Telegius? Fangius? ...Seriously? o_0) But the fact that they had big pictures of Bashou, Suguri, and Liriope all on one page made me happy. XD
  • "I'm the main character!" "No, I am!" <-- Don't you guys know the leading role in this series is curry? Sheesh.
  • And if it wasn't enough that they just called Musa "Elder" at first, when they were discussing Telefang's opening sequences, they called him "Hiyu". ("It's not Kosanji! It's Kosaburou!")
  • That doll they joked Mossan was going to sell is oddly creepy. o_0
  • Somehow the diagram gives a lot more context to the various types of evolution, even though it doesn't say a lot more about them than we know already. I didn't quite draw the connection between the experiments in the manga where they were trying to make Oshe and others into more Cryptos and the experimental evolution, even though it was obvious two and two equalled four there. And when I see it in a flowchart, it totally makes sense that you have God Denjuu, Devil Denjuu, and then Evil God Denjuu (one of the only known examples of which is Mr. X, AKA Gymzatan to those in the know).
  • Ohymygod they made a typo. They accidentally wrote Mitsurusu instead of Mirutsusu. Confused me for a moment. XD (Grassland-types like Mitsurusu are good against Driarmor, in case you were wondering.)
  • I love the illustrations of natural evolution... they make it look strangely shocking and painful. But it was a shame they couldn't do effects like that on the Gameboy.
  • Lol at Crypto saying "Strange sounds are coming out of my D-Shot" when he would have had to put them on there.
  • They claimed you'd be facing Go-Go Racer, Repoman (?!), and Old Man Lightning in the Freesia tournament, which was where it would be good to know a Mitsurusu, FYI. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that made it into the final product?
  • Was the Ganraikou that gives you the plushie named Gahban-Ou in the final version? o_0
  • All those pretty screenshots are totally making me wish I could have seen that 3D commercial. XD And that they'd made a Playstation game with comparable graphics.
  • All in all, GOD I wish they could have made the game as cool as all the promotional stuff. Granted, it's a pretty nice game, but wow... all the illustrations almost make the actual game screenshots look poor in comparison. :(
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I've never had to register to see Imageshack stuff at fullsize... Maybe because of NoScript and/or Adblock...?

I think it's plain to tell they didn't settle on the plant names theme for a little while into production. As for all the other stuff that was changed, I really think they originally meant the storyline to go much closer to the manga's plot (I won't spoil anything cause it's likely we'll have a scanslation done at some point..!) I mean for example, notice the huge emphasis put on Crypto as the Main Character, while Fungus is described as something mysterious rather than just... the other version's starter that you have all game XP Also important to note I think, is how the early part of the manga aligns closest with the game; the story of Netaro and Nejiro. Notice that they're shown a lot in early art as well, and are notable for being basic-stage Denjuu that don't have plant-derived names.. :< (oh hey is it just me or is Netaro definitely based on Sannen Netaro? ..if so, would this make Nejiro a tengu? :3)

The Cortos was indeed named, at least as far as the storyline goes. He didn't have a name in battle -shrug- From the players guide:
Spoiler!
Also, what's that about Gymzatan? Was he meant to be special?

Repoman I think is meant to be the two reporters? I think you fight all of the listed guys in the tournament, but I know a ton of T-Fangers never appeared ingame (ie, baby, cat, dog, etc.)

The commercials were actually downloadable on the (Smilesoft) website a decade ago, Rocket needs to be poked so we can see if they still have the files for those D:
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

I found an unexpected surprise in the Telefang guidebook I got from Hit-Japan lately. It contained a copy of the mini booklet I scanned recently and also a Telefang leaflet I haven't seen before:

http://i42.tinypic.com/34g0kfb.jpg Page 1
http://i43.tinypic.com/256a5uf.jpg Page 2
http://i42.tinypic.com/2iavsjr.jpg Page 3
http://i40.tinypic.com/347f9yc.jpg Page 4
http://i44.tinypic.com/oz6zd.jpg Page 5

The leaflet has Beebalm's number in it and some general Telefang info and it's possible it may be the one described in Comic Bom Bom, although i'm not sure.
shay-shay

Post by shay-shay »

I totally need to buy me a scanner lolz