Comic BomBom scans!

Post things about the Telefang series, and aren't about a particular Telefang game here.
RacieB

Re: Comic BomBom scans!

Post by RacieB »

Image Image

I can't tell if that grey/brown color is on the actual sprite or if it's an artifact of reproducing the screenshot for print :s
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

Glad you're all enjoying the scans! ^^ I managed to scan in some pages from the 2001 March issue of Comic Bom Bom that came in the mail today, and it had a couple more Telefang adverts, one for the toys and also a pull out page with full color art for nearly all of the denjuu (except for Ornithogalum and Kanzou), so i'm sure you'll be happy. Also, it mentions a gold and silver version of a couple of the Telefang toys as well on the same page (a gold colored Crypto and a silver Fungus), which i'm guessing is a promotion of some sort.

I also managed to scan a mini Comic Bom Bom booklet which had adverts for Dino Device 2 and Medarot Brave, which I thought might be interesting to see.

I put everything above into a gallery to save having to put separate links for each one: http://imageshack.us/g/526/medadinocover.jpg/
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

AWESOME. XD
I figured they would show all of the Denjuu in color in one of the Bom Bom issues, but there was no way of guessing which one. :O
Now we finally know what they're all supposed to look like~ XD

Also, I saw that DD2/Medarot Brave thing on YJA and was considering getting it, but I guess I won't have to now. :D Thanks for the scans!
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

I guess I got lucky in finding the right issue then xD It's a good thing it was only 300 yen too, that was one of the reasons I bought it as well.

I had the same thought when I saw the mini booklet and thought it would be a good buy for the forum. There's not much about Dino Device 2 that i've seen and it was cheap, so I thought why not? ^^ It's got a mini comic in the booklet, like Dino Device 1 had before (I think it was in the guidebook?).
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Yes. Yes. YES.
Awesome. Don't have much more words :D Thanks!

I 7zipped it up:
http://www.mediafire.com/?n1i1yc0koedv1n4 (46mb)
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Thankyou for zipping up the images again Sanky! I appreciate it. I'm glad I managed to find something big for the forum again. It's good that there's a set of artwork now that's in color.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

OH MY GOD excuse me while I have conniptions
MefistaCenobica(imported)

Post by MefistaCenobica(imported) »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
*faints*
can you do bigger scans of that "all-denjuu" pages?I want to do a t-shirt picture
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Wow, that's the first time that I've ever seen some of those Denjuu in color. The Monstera family especially stands out to me. Monstera has a yellow face and reddish spikes, and it's even more prominent in its evolutions! (Hey RacieB, it looks like you have to fix this up now. XD) The snakes stand out to me too; look at those yellow scales! And many of them have red fur too! In addition, Canonope looks funny with those yellow wheels.

The only thing I wonder is why Kanzou and Ornithogalum have black silhouettes; I guess they were supposed to be secrets, or they weren't finished yet. That's a shame. I think there's official art in color elsewhere, though.

Anyway, thanks for uploading this! It's nice to see nearly every Denjuu in color.
Fangblade90(imported)

Post by Fangblade90(imported) »

I can't believe that the first papaver I made actually matches the official art. When I made him about 2 years ago I didn't have any white so I just used what I had handy and didn't bother painting over it and hey it turns out to match! ^_^

Anyway, Thanks for sharing these pages with us! Now I can buy the exact colours I need to make accurate denjuu out of sculpey! YAAY! :D