Comic BomBom scans!

Post things about the Telefang series, and aren't about a particular Telefang game here.
MefistaCenobica(imported)

Re: Comic BomBom scans!

Post by MefistaCenobica(imported) »

I know)I sometimes get a weird feeling that some games are advertised with special made-up stuff that never was intended to be in game,but makes it look more appealing.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

At a passing glance, it seemed like an obvious mashup of different Denjuu to me, like a combined evolution.. although upon closer inspection, I couldn't find any specific Denjuu. Huh.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

It makes me think of a possible evolution of Myrtus or Mantea, but I guess it's more elephant-like. ._. (Possibly an early design of Doon?)

The screen here's asking who you want to call... This guy's name is apparently "Ein", and the others are Zwei and Drei (obviously nicknames). Interestingly, it includes Matsukiyo and Miyo on the list here, which would have been a nice feature to have in the final game...XD TU-WA is romanized from "tsuuwa" which just means phonecall.

On another page we see that Drei is just an ordinary Potzal, but with an ever-so-slightly different sprite (it has a shadow and slightly taller crest). It lists the level, Frien-do (THIS IS WHAT FD STANDS FOR), speed (possibly the turns until it arrives?) and phone number, which is much shorter and looks more like a real phone number. It's worth noting that all of the other phone numbers in the prototype pictures consist of !'s and ?'s as placeholders... They're also 4-4-4 numbers long, rather than 4-3 like in this picture, or 3-4-5 like in the final game.

There's also some weirdness with names in these pictures... The Tsunonasu in the screenshots is named "Giarugiaasu" as opposed to Girugiaasu, which makes it too long to fit as a nickname in the final game. o_O The (green) Oshe is named "Arieebu" and I have no clue what that's supposed to be. Other screenshots show an "Anjisu" on a phone list, an Angios named "Anjiosu" spelled with the wrong ji (ジ instead of ヂ), and a Fungblade named Anjiosu with the correct spelling. .__.

This screen is great, it says a line of gibberish and "you've caught a virus". The captions are more or less "A mysterious secret screen!" "What is this virus?" "It says you've caught a virus, but what could it mean?" XD (Also note Shigeki's sprite is different, he's wearing a baseball cap instead of a helmet.)

Aside from that, it shows a few D-Shot features which weren't implemented, like keeping track of the date and day of the week as well as the time. XD It mentions a search feature that lets you sort your Denjuu by different parameters (it shows them sorted by "power"), and most of the phone screens have a tiny bar at the bottom that says "Menu" and "Name entry", which I'm guessing might have been for entering new numbers. *nod* On the page explaining the version differences, it also says that the D-Shots in the Power version are made by the "Leaf" company, and Speed's are from the "Seed" company, which could just never have been mentioned in-game. XD Very interesting stuff!
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

I was wondering what the words meant at the side of the screenshot. So they were actually nicknames? I did wonder if they were the species names but they sounded too strange to be them so I didn't mention it. I thought they might be something else. Also, I wonder what the virus thing was all about? Seems like it was cut out. It made me think of something like the Pokerus virus at first.

Personally, I don't think the elephant denjuu is related to Myrtus or Mantea since it looks nothing like them, asides from having elephant features. It was probably an unrelated denjuu that was cut out. Although, it does make me wonder if it had any evolutions or pre-evolutions if it was seperate.
Espeon(imported)

Post by Espeon(imported) »

Oh, wow!

In the first one I never knew Monstera's colors until now. o.o
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

The beta stuff, and the color art, oh my goddddddd.....

Here is a thing, which is as precise as I could make it ~

(zoomed right in on the scan, made a grid and counted pixels like crazy)

I'll probably do the YOU WIN Crypto later as well, because it's spectacular. Noticed the Lose one is actually completely redrawn as well and 50% smaller (durf) than the one used ingame so I did that first.

YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR!
Image Image
Fangblade90(imported)

Post by Fangblade90(imported) »

That looks accurate enough, I sure would not have had the patience to do that (I also suck at spriting.)

I'm sure I have seen that pic of Crypto before .... :(

It's from when I lost my pokemon diamond data, I managed to find it on one of my old posts.
Demonlemon(imported)

Post by Demonlemon(imported) »

great job on that elephant denjuu
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Fangblade90 wrote:That looks accurate enough, I sure would not have had the patience to do that (I also suck at spriting.)

I'm sure I have seen that pic of Crypto before .... :(

It's from when I lost my pokemon diamond data, I managed to find it on one of my old posts.
Interesting, it's nearly the exact same except they changed the coloring in some places... and then there's the large version which is on the Game Over screen when you lose your last phone number (easiest way to see it is to start a new game on Power and fight a Kochia.)

It's also the 404 image for Wikifang :P
MefistaCenobica(imported)

Post by MefistaCenobica(imported) »

very nice)