How did YOU find out about Telefang?

Post things about the Telefang series, and aren't about a particular Telefang game here.
Milnivri(imported)

Re: How did YOU find out about Telefang?

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

Perhaps Telefang is bootlegged into hundreds of different versions... then we cannot keep track of all of them ;_;
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Interesting... so there's a German version as well? I'm curious whether there are even more versions...
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Well, it's not like the text is that hard to edit... XD
Gorm(imported)

Post by Gorm(imported) »

Sanky wrote:A half-German version? Now that's interesting. Never knew that one existed. Poor game! First from Japanese to bad Chinese, then from Chinese to equaly bad English, and now you tell us about a German version! D:
It'd be awesome if you could get some screens!!

Nice story, anyways! Thanks!
Unfortunately I lack the equipment to provide you with screens. I don't even have a digicam.:(

Playing a bit again I just realised that the translation is not quite as bad as I remembered. Most of the sentences are actually grammaticaly correct. Now if only they made sense.:rolleyes:
I think the worst bits of the translation are inconsistencies. Like the items which are English in the menu and shops but called by their German names in dialogues.

And there was this guy in Tulunk who said "Bei Vorstellung bei den Monster im 'Steinberg' musst du ID von 'Wiese' benutzen." (literally translates as "For introduction at the monster in 'Stone Mountain' you must use ID of 'grassland'.") No wonder I didn't understand that he was talking about the strengths and weaknesses of what is called "Hill" and "Land" in the E-Monster information screen.

I could go on with other examples but there would be two problems:
1. I can't compare it with the English version since I don't have that. So I might bore you with examples that are equally stupid in your version.
2. This topic here is probably not the best place to do so. I don't want to spam it with an off-topic discussion especially since I'm new here.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Interesting.

Well, you can download the english bootleg version from the internet...
Salkor2(imported)

Post by Salkor2(imported) »

I Heared about Pokemon Diamond on Youtube and I was ready to play. but I learned it wasnt Pokemon when I played it. I liked it tho. took me a year to learn it was telefang. I was hooked since.
Sonic_Girl(imported)

Post by Sonic_Girl(imported) »

Went on ebay and found pokemon jade, begged my mom for it for 2 years, (people kept winning the auctions...) This was a few years ago, so this was before diamond for ds. I did some reasearch a little while before I got it. Surprisingly, I still wanted it. I found this forum and RacieB's site. I've known about all this for a while, but never bothered to join until now. Not a very exiting story, but it's how I found out about it.
SM-dood(imported)

Post by SM-dood(imported) »

I assume that I found out about it a couple years ago while looking up Pokemon Diamond stuff (before the release) on youtube.
Then there's always that cd-rom thing my uncle gave me one christmas that had the rom of Diamond on it. (Kinda like the one Milnivri dscribed, but I don't think it had 61 games).
I can't remember, but I liked the game and all of its curry-ness.

P.S. Milnivri, did it have the "Pokemon: The first movie" logo on the cd?
JakeyBoy(imported)

Post by JakeyBoy(imported) »

I seem to be one of the few people who actually bought the bootlegged cart.

I think I was 8 or something, and I was on holiday in Spain with my family, and... I THINK it was just after Pokemon Gold and Silver were released, so I went to buy it at a 'Genuine Fake' game shop. I bought some pirated Gold (not on purpose obviously) and a lot of the game was in Engrish if I remember correctly, so I returned it. Got Diamond instead. Kinda wondering why we didn't take that back...

Played the game, learned to love curry, got bored of the lack of a save feature and chucked it in a closet. A good while later (last week) I was on holiday in Turkey, where the fake stuff is even more abundant, and amidst the chat my old game was brought up. Got back yesterday, found the game for kicks, and did some research. Found this place. Wait, the question was how I found out about the games, right? Damn.

I knew a patch would be here, I never reckoned it wouldn't be finished. Guess I'm just waitting out the remainder of the hacking.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

JakeyBoy wrote: I knew a patch would be here, I never reckoned it wouldn't be finished. Guess I'm just waitting out the remainder of the hacking.
The hacking is currently waiting out the remainder of the translating.