How did YOU find out about Telefang?

Post things about the Telefang series, and aren't about a particular Telefang game here.
Demonlemon(imported)

Re: How did YOU find out about Telefang?

Post by Demonlemon(imported) »

Punched "pokemon clones" into google and it was part of a list
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Demonlemon wrote:Punched "pokemon clones" into google and it was part of a list
Now that's just depressing.
Demonlemon(imported)

Post by Demonlemon(imported) »

Indeed
dreamquest(imported)

Post by dreamquest(imported) »

I was searching for Pokemon hacks 5-6 years ago and I randomly found the so-called Pokemon Diamond.
Even if I noticed the game was different, I continued to play it. For all that day.
Also, since I'm not a native english speaker (and maybe you've noticed it) I completely overlooked the engrish stuff. :P
Wario Bros.(imported)

Post by Wario Bros.(imported) »

So, so many years ago, I was looking up Pokemon on Google (I think fake Pokemon) and I saw some stuff on Pokemon Diamond and Jade. Seeing this I wanted to own a copy of Pokemon Diamond and/or Jade (I knew they were not official Pokemon games at the time). I saw a 2-in-1 cartridge of Diamond/Jade on eBay up for bid. With my mom's okay, I won the bid... ...not knowing the game was priced in British Pounds which 1 pound was about $2 in America, making me feel I paid double than I wanted to (don't worry, it was still under $100.)

When I got it, I felt really good and was showing off that game to friends and family. The game is fun despite the Engrish (which made the game more interesting) and bugs (I thought the stuff like Gun item and profanity were big problems back then and I giggled at it.) Then I got lost in the game, not knowing what to do next. When I decided to go back and replaying it, the save battery was dead (I still have that cartridge today)

And now that I'm older, I know much more and the game is still interesting today.
Diamond(imported)

Post by Diamond(imported) »

The first time I played telefang was when I was 8 years old,
I had a emulator pack with lots of roms, in there was this strange game "Pokemon Diamond"
I played it and loved it so much !

Then I lost the rom and never found it !

4 years later I found it again and this time I won the game !

At first I thought it was the first pokemon game ever made but the autors remade a new game called red and blue
(but that's impossible ! red and blue are on GB !).

Then I thought it was a chinese pirate who wanted to become popular by creating a game then selling it with a pokemon name.
I thought that was stupid, "He would have had so much popularity if he didn't do that" was what I was saying to myself all the time.

Then I thought he renamed "Telefang" for nintendo right problems.

And then I found out at 14 years old that Telefang was a real game !
And there was telefang 2 !!!!

And there is Racieb's fansite !!!
And this forum.

I am now 17,
I've just created an acount but I've been here for like two years.
Jade(imported)

Post by Jade(imported) »

Pokemon diamond 2001 online.
Jdbye(imported)

Post by Jdbye(imported) »

Two words:
Pokemon Diamond.
I found it on some geocities Pokemon fansite as a kid. Excited at the thought of a new Pokemon game I hadn't played yet, I downloaded it.
Biggest mistake of my life :P
Nah, I liked the game. I just hated the script. It constantly made me get stuck in the game because nothing made sense. Yet I still managed to get pretty far. But it was the most frustrating game I have ever played and took up a good portion of my childhood.
I still haven't beat it, and probably won't until the translation is finished.
SonicZ16(imported)

Post by SonicZ16(imported) »

It was only about 2 years ago now... I was on a site called Romhacking.net, And in the GB/GBC ROM editors, I saw one for “Denjuu Editor SP”. The screenshot of the editor in action showed some some Denjuu sprites up top. I thought they looked very interesting, but what the description said is what really caught my eye. As it said “Also edits the bootleg, Pokemon Diamond.” I was obviously confused. I wanted to know more about the game, so I searched the game the editor originally edited, Keitai Denjuu Telefang. I found RacieB's fansite right away, and spent a good amount time there until I found this forum. I was reading the T1 translation topic when I decided I would actually play it. I loved it, and I told my brother about it the next day and we still love it to this day. I actually didn't make an account here until a bit later.

But yeah. That's my story.
Sir Allan Newlight(imported)

Post by Sir Allan Newlight(imported) »

My story with being T-Fanger sadly start with POKEMON DIAMOND GBC. I first known that as real Pokemon. To time when I searching on COOLROMS for games to my emulator. I've seen Keitai Denjuu Telefang title which mean for me very intresting. When I load it I was shocked. THAT SAME GAME. My real gameplay on REAL KTD was start with one of English patch for it. On KTD2 i start play early.