Re: Version Icons.

Discuss anything that involves Wikifang, the Telefang Wiki, here.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Okay, I have made some icons for the Power and Speed versions, hopefully to be used on the denjuu lists and individual pages to show which versions they're found in..! If they're in both versions you would use both icons, and if they're version exclusive you just use the one, making it easy to tell right away. They're small and simple and don't need any legend to read, plus they work for both Telefang 1 and 2. :D

Image Image I don't know if these fit with the visual theme or whatever, but surely they would do for now? I'm still not really sure how one goes about adding images, so maybe someone else could try it out? Maybe? D:

The wiki is shaping up pretty well so far, I can't wait to see it grow more~ XD
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

Yea, quite a good idea. Perhaps icons like these can be used for other things like types (there's already those, but not stylish. I can't design.) or like Telefang 1/Telefang 2.

And to add images, click upload image/file on the left sidebar. Oh, and name it Power_icon.gif and Speed_icon.gif respectively.
Kimbles(imported)

Alright, I've got some icons up on the Telefang 1 list. How's it look? :D
Also, for your idea of Telefang 1 and 2 icons, how about just making seperate templates and pages for the two? Only a few of the denjuu actually appear in both games, right? Plus the evo lines and attacks are different, so there wouldn't really be much point to keeping all the info on the same page. If we had specific page layouts and info boxes, we could be rid of all the N/As and sad empty space. *nod*

For naming the pages, well, here's some examples...
-"Krypto", being only in T1, stays the same.
-"Rex", being only in T2, would become "Rex (Basic)" to show which evolution it refers to, with "Rex" redirecting to it.
-"Fangs", appearing in both games, would get two seperate pages. One would just be "Fangs" for the Telefang 1 version, and the other would be "Fangs (Telefang 2) (Basic)". Just searching for Fangs would give you its T1 page, but there would be a nice link there pointing to the T2 one. Okay!!

In the future we should make templates for the denjuu pages specialized for each game. This seems like the best way to organize it for now... What do you guys think?
Milnivri(imported)

OK. What do the others think? I find it ok. Anyway we would have more articles this way :D

Anyway I think we still should have T1 and T2 icons for the infobox, as the infobox is a summary of the info on the page. We could put it in the "found-in" part. And try to make it same height. Width doesn't really matter.

Thanks.

P.S. About the way you put it in the page with --- if it was Power, to space it out, I was thinking of doing that (I apparently removed them for some reason.)
Milnivri(imported)

Kimbles, can I request for the Telefang 1 and Telefang 2 version icons? >_>

And since we're including Bugsite and Dyna Device, can you make Alpha, Beta, Red and Blue?
bucketheadj(imported)

Post by bucketheadj(imported) »

hehehe the power icon looks like a pow box from smb. sry i was of topic i thought it was important.
Kimbles(imported)

...Oops. ^^; I've been meaning to upload them for a while, sorry. XD
Are those alright? Keep in mind they'll be on a white background. XD
I have been kind of busy lately, so I might be a while on the DD and Bugsite icons. XD They're a good idea, though. The new banner looks great, by the way. XD
DeKaFu

Post by DeKaFu »

So hey, today I decided to take it upon myself to give the habitat icons a bit of a facelift.

Here!:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

I also made a version that has them each in a box with a white background. I'll have to put them in a second post. XD

see next post...
DeKaFu

Post by DeKaFu »

Here's the second version:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

They're already saved as gifs, so they should work for everyone. ^^

I don't actually know how to replace the old images with these on the wiki, so I'll let someone else decide which is better and upload it themselves. XD
Milnivri(imported)

Yes, they're great :)

Now for Bugsite and Dino Device? ^^

Since they are gifs, I think we'll have the one without the white background. I'll convert the rest into gifs too (like the power and speed one). Then there wont be an issue of PNG transparency.