Telefang Wiki

Discuss anything that involves Wikifang, the Telefang Wiki, here.
Milnivri(imported)

Re: Telefang Wiki

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

Hey guys I thought of this:

In order to increase the number of articles and images and popularity etc. we could include other Smilesoft games, although it would be mainly focused on Telefang. The name Wikifang can stay. I wouldn't want something like Wikismile or something just to put in "Smilesoft".

How about it? Just a suggestion. :P
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

....YES.
I was just thinking today about how nice that would be. Bugsite and Dyna Device aren't really substantial enough to have their own wikis, but it's quite depressing how no information exists for them anywhere on the internet whatsoever. Makes me just wanna hug them. D: If you do make sections for them, I'll gladly help out however I can. *nod*
Milnivri(imported)

OK so yeah.

I haven't played those games before, so I might need some info on how the system works (as in battles/monster names/types/etc) as I need to like create the templates and categories and stuff.

Should the name of the wiki stay the same?
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Milnivri wrote:Should the name of the wiki stay the same?
YES
Kimbles(imported)

XD Indeed. Wikifang is too good a name to lose.
Milnivri(imported)

Hey so does everyone agree to the use of Denjuu and not Denjû (non-Hepburn romanisation)? Because this is going to be a major revamp that is hard to undo once done.

And to add on, how about having separate templates and pages for Denjuu from T1 and T2? (suggested by Kimbles in another topic). This means that there would be Template:Infobox T1 Denjuu and Template:Infobox T2 Denjuu etc.

So anyone not agreeing to any? We'll start the revamps from next week (maybe Wed? I'm gonna be more free from then). Voice out any objections if you do have any.
Kimbles(imported)

Hm, sorry to bother you with this again, but it looks like in the actual game, Kakuzatou refers to the group of them, and not just the singular. A lot of characters refer to them with the name in quotes (those "Kakuzatou" guys..), including the Kakuzatous themselves. One example stood out to me...
"Kurinon village and Iris are connected! If we can take control here, the election will be a piece of cake! Kakuzatou! Kakuzatou forever!"
...Said by one of the T-Fangers in the Kurinon vilage underground. Evidently, it's more of a title they gave themselves than a description, and one they're pretty proud of. XD "Stranded children" doesn't quite get this across... If anything, it's closer to "lost boys", but I'm really reluctant to use that....XD Can you guys think of anything?
Milnivri(imported)

Can we stick to Kakuzatou? Since it's a "name/trademark" of their organisation, we should use that and not translate it. :)

What do you think?
Kimbles(imported)

I've got it! XD

The "tou" in Kakuzatou means political party. XD The guide confirms the kanji for it, and it makes a lot of sense considering the context...XD Nerikara is running for prime minister of the Denjuu world, after all, and the animal-suit lackeys do their best to follow his orders and spam the party name (Kakuza party!) and slogan (For the bright future!). XD

The name is a pun on kaku zatou, the japanese term for cube sugar. *nod* It's been mentioned before that in Telefang, the kakuza is written in katakana and the tou is in hiragana. That's why the name can't be just translated as "sugar cube", because kaku means square and satou means sugar, and you don't mix alphabets within words. XD The idea is that it is a political party in context, but when said aloud it sounds like sugar cube. *nod* An english equivalent would be like saying "vote for the birthday party!" which, even though it ends with party, is entirely unrelated. *nod*

Kakuza on its own doesn't really mean anything here, since the "stranded" word only seems to apply to large vehicles such as ships being unable to move. Synonyms are run aground and stalled. XD It's kind a strech to apply that here, so the sugar cube thing was probably the intended meaning. D:

....As for how to translate it, we could try to come up with an english pun along the lines of birthday party but not as lame (kind of hard to do), or just leave it as the Kakuza Party and lose the meaning. *nod* I'm fine with either one, so it's really up to you guys. XD

For comparison, here's the japanese text... (kanji, kana, romaji)

カクザ党, カクザとう, kakuzatou (from Telefang)
民主党, みんしゅとう, minshutou (Democratic Party, a real political party)
角砂糖, かくざとう, kakuzatou (sugar cube)
IIMarckus(imported)

Post by IIMarckus(imported) »

Kimbles wrote:....As for how to translate it, we could try to come up with an english pun along the lines of birthday party but not as lame (kind of hard to do)
Costume party?